Nations Bat Rule

“The following bat rule is in effect at all Nations Events in the Houston/South Texas area. 
1)      In ages 14U and below bats with the new BPF 1.15 stamp (on the transition area between the barrel and handle) is legal, regardless of weight and composition
2)      Bats with the old Little League approved stamp (2 ¼” barrel, no composite) on the barrel under the manufacturers model name, will be legal until July 31, 2012.
3)      In 14U bats must either be a BPF 1.15 -5 bat OR a BBCOR bat (BESR -3 bats are not legal)
4)      15U and above must use a NFHS (high school) legal BBCOR bat).”

John Carroll
Nations Baseball
Office 877-259-1150

Guest TX_RENEGADES
Also if the bat your son is swinging has the USSSA stamp on it it will be good for Nations. I had Mr. John Carroll email me that Nations will approve the kids to use those stamped bats.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="rounder17" post="1176865" timestamp="1329106049"]
[quote author=MJB link=topic=95347.msg1176797#msg1176797 date=1329101127]
I'm not sure this is a valid rule.  At least it was not valid this weekend at the Valentines Classic.  They did not enforce the rule so any bat could be used.
[/quote]

They checked our bats first thing.
[/quote]
They also checked our bats right out the gate!

Odd that they checked bats at the gate, I never saw that either day and I know they did not check my teams bats.  In addition, there was a sign at the gate that said the 1.15 Rule would not be enforced.  I failed to take a picture of the sign.

I questioned those involved with Nations and I got an interesting response.  For those that are in the know, can you specifically find where the BPF 1.15 marking on a bat is a Nations rule?  I know that someone posted a memo from John Carroll but evidently that is not a Nations rule, merely a Ford Park Rule.

I am not sure why Ford Park or the Tournament directors would want to enforce this rule if it is in fact not a Nation's Rule.

Please post up what you can find.

Here is the reply from John Carroll which i also read.  He was pretty clear.  The sign on the board said that the bat rule would be enforced.

Regarding the bat rule - While Nations Baseball Tournament Association does not have a rule requiring the bats to be marked 1.15, there were a significant number of parks in Texas that were requiring various versions of the rule and the stamp.  At the State Conference last August, we attempted to get everyone on the same page.  Either everyone was going to require the stamp or no-one was going to require the stamp but we wanted all of the parks to use the same rule for consistency sake so teams did not have to worry about what would be legal where.  The directors voted to adopt the rule that is posted as a park rule at all parks.  So, what is posted never states that it is a Nations rule, it states the bats will be required in all Nations events which is a true statement. ALL parks that play Nations in Texas are requiring bats that use the same rule.  That is not from the Nations website, that is the header of a local event posted on the Nations website.  You will find that statement in no Nations rule book either at the National level or at the State level.

2 - the rule being enforced.  This is an appeal OR if it is obviously evident to the umpire that the bat is illegal (such as a dent).  If the bat is protested before the batter completes his time at bat, the bat will be removed from play and replaced with a legal bat and the coach will receive a warning.  If the batter completes his time at bat by getting a hit, the batter will be called out and any other runner will be returned to his previous base.  Upon a second offense, the manager will be restricted from managing the team for the remainder of the game.  The umpires do not check the bats before any game, it is the coaches responsibility to make sure their equipment is legal.

[quote name="MJB" post="1177303" timestamp="1329173046"]
Odd that they checked bats at the gate, I never saw that either day and I know they did not check my teams bats.  In addition, there was a sign at the gate that said the 1.15 Rule would not be enforced.  I failed to take a picture of the sign.

I questioned those involved with Nations and I got an interesting response.  For those that are in the know, can you specifically find where the BPF 1.15 marking on a bat is a Nations rule?  I k that someone posted a memo from John Carroll but evidently that is not a Nations rule, merely a Ford Park Rule.

I am not sure why Ford Park or the Tournament directors would want to enforce this rule if it is in fact not a Nation's Rule.

Please post up what you can find.
[/quote]

The first thing the umpired did Saturday morning (at least for our game) was checked bats. We had about 5 or 6 that we could not use. When I met with the umpires at home plate before every game, they told both coaches about the rule. Maybe you just weren't paying attention, or your not the manager if a team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33