Will Nederland finish undefeated

asary

Nederland will beat LC-M, but will not finish district undefeated, but may still end up winning district though.  They take a loss to Central.  Central have already lost to Nederland once.  I think Central takes 1 loss in the second half of district, probably to Ozen (It's hard to beat a team 4 times in 1 season.  I see LC-M losing to Nederland and Central with a barn burner against Ozen, which will probably decide the 3rd and 4th place seeding.  The rest of the teams, I'm sorry to say, will be fighting to stay out of the cellar.

Thats a reasonable assumption, Soulja..Though it seems odd, with Ozen and Central fighting it out for second and third, it's the reality of things right now in that district! LOL 8)...I don't think this Nederland team will go unbeaten in district either...12-2, will LIKELY be the case, but 13-1 is not impossible for them...Either way they should win the district......again.....wow....how things have changed... 8)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1163206" timestamp="1327075197"]
Nederland should enjoy their success now while it last ;)
[/quote]
We will be enjoying it for the next [s]4[/s] [s]5[/s] [s]6[/s]  ?? years!  ;) Who knows how long? The same thing was said 3 years ago when Ned first made the playoffs, then 2 years ago and last year when the only reason Ned won district those 2 years is bc of the PA 'transfers'. Funny, bc Ned had transfers for the past 7 years, and we weren't winning. Wonder why? I think we all know why.
Looking at the JV, Fresh, and 8th grade team, why would anyone suggest that it will be over soon? Not to mention that 4 starters are underclassmen, as well as 4/5 of the 2nd team. Don't be raining on our parade BD3!  ;D

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1163227" timestamp="1327077408"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=94552.msg1163206#msg1163206 date=1327075197]
[/quote]
We will be enjoying it for the next [s]4[/s] [s]5[/s] [s]6[/s]  ?? years!  ;) Who knows how long? Looking at the JV, Fresh, and 8th grade team, why would anyone suggest that it will be over soon? Not to mention that 4 starters are underclassmen, as well as 4/5 of the 2nd team. Don't be raining on our parade BD3!  ;D
[/quote]

I saw Central's freshmen team dismantle the Nederland freshmen team by 20 and Central has 4 freshmen on varsity, which 3 actually start! Future is very bright at Central, not just Nederland.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1163230" timestamp="1327077972"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=94552.msg1163227#msg1163227 date=1327077408]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=94552.msg1163206#msg1163206 date=1327075197]
[/quote]
We will be enjoying it for the next [s]4[/s] [s]5[/s] [s]6[/s]  ?? years!  ;) Who knows how long? Looking at the JV, Fresh, and 8th grade team, why would anyone suggest that it will be over soon? Not to mention that 4 starters are underclassmen, as well as 4/5 of the 2nd team. Don't be
raining on our parade BD3!  ;D
[/quote]

I saw Central's freshmen team dismantle the Nederland freshmen team by 20 and Central has 4 freshmen on varsity, which 3 actually start! Future is very bright at Central, not just Nederland.
[/quote]
I didn't say the future is not bright at Central, did I? I stated the reality of what is happening in Nederland. On Tuesday night, Nederland's Freshman beat Ozen by 15, the JV won by 11, and the Varsity won as well.
I watched MLK 8th grade team defeat a very good CO Wilson team by 40 points or so. I know Beaumont has talent, and I never said they didn't.

I will say this much about the Nederland dominance of late....Though it was a surprise to some, I saw this coming.  I just didnt think it would be like THIS...25 district games in a row?....Nederland?....Basketball?...in THAT district? Coach English has done a masterful job, and should be commended..There are a few factors that fast forwarded this Nederland run...1) Port Arthur's LACK of basketball success over the past few years. (for Port Arthur standards) This brought kids to the neighboring district, plain and simple  2) Changes in BISD coaching staffs. One in particular (Boutte's departure to PA) was monumental FOR Nederland, and somewhat great for Central, in getting those extra kids. 3) Brian English. Dude can flat out coach and has kids believing that Nederland is actually a basketball power.....With all that said....They WILL NOT go unbeaten in district, IMO!!  ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1163221" timestamp="1327076749"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=94552.msg1163213#msg1163213 date=1327075953]
25 straight district wins and there is a thread trying to predict Ned's first district loss. You guys kill me.
[/quote]Isn't that a Nederland guy that made the thread?
[/quote]
Yes, I'm a Nederland guy. I certainly am not predicting a loss! I simply meant for the thread to pertain to going undefeated the 1st half of district........but it sure seems there are a lot out there hoping Nederland loses one soon...and that's just the way we like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="baddog" post="1163213" timestamp="1327075953"]
25 straight district wins and there is a thread trying to predict Ned's first district loss. You guys kill me.
[/quote]
Don't misunderstand. My prediction is 33 - 0 at the end of district play. But my point was to stir up conversation about going undefeated the 1st half.......one game at a time

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1163285" timestamp="1327083748"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=94552.msg1163221#msg1163221 date=1327076749]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=94552.msg1163213#msg1163213 date=1327075953]
[/quote]Isn't that a Nederland guy that made the thread?
[/quote]
Yes, I'm a Nederland guy. I certainly am not predicting a loss! I simply
meant for the thread to pertain to going undefeated the 1st half of district........but it sure seems there are a lot out there hoping Nederland loses one soon...and that's just the way we like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
I think that's normal for the 2nd and 3rd place teams wanting/expecting the 1st place team to lose. If the roles were reversed, I would be predicting that Central/Ozen would lose in the 2nd half of district too.

I'm not hoping they lose a district game. I actually have a feeling that they will.  Central is the second place team in this district and  have athletisism and size to beat Nederland just as they've done already this season.  THAT is why I don't think Nederland won't go undefeated.  I did also stated that Nederland may win district again because Central will stumble along the way, probably on a jetlag game AFTER Beating Nederland. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1163314" timestamp="1327086481"]
I'm not hoping they lose a district game. I actually have a feeling that they will.  Central is the second place team in this district and  have athletisism and size to beat Nederland just as they've done already this season.  THAT is why I don't think Nederland won't go undefeated.  I did also stated that Nederland may win district again because Central will stumble along the way, probably on a jetlag game AFTER Beating Nederland.
[/quote]
Earlier u said that Ozen will prob beat Central on Tuesday bc it's hard to
beat a team 4 times. So u think they lose to Ozen, beat Ned, then lose to Vidor (from Jet Lag)? I don't see that happening.
I do think Ozen will beat Central Tuesday, but I don't see Nederland losing a district game to either one of them. Too many weapons on offense, Ned can play man or zone on defense, and Coach English is the X-Factor who continues to prove why he is one of the best, if not THE best in the area.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1163334" timestamp="1327088310"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=94552.msg1163314#msg1163314 date=1327086481]
[/quote]
Earlier u said that Ozen will prob beat Central on Tuesday bc it's hard to
beat a team 4 times. So u think they lose to Ozen, beat Ned, then lose to Vidor (from Jet Lag)? I don't see that happening.
I do think Ozen will beat Central Tuesday, but I don't see Nederland losing a district game to either one of them. Too many weapons on offense, Ned can play man or zone on defense, and Coach English is the X-Factor who continues to prove why he is one of the best, if not THE best in the area.
[/quote]Earlier in the week, I was thinking Ozen.  Now, I'm thinking one of those other teams probably can do it.  Either way, I think Central loses a game they should win and rise again to beat Nederland.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1163346" timestamp="1327089506"]
Central and Nederland finish district tied at 13-1. End of story.
[/quote]
The Mighty One has spoken-lol!  ;D
You also predicted that Central would defeat Nederland a couple of weeks ago, and i believe (not sure) that you predicted that Ozen would too. Neither happened, so it's not the end of the story! Let the debate continue!  ;)

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1163353" timestamp="1327090377"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94552.msg1163346#msg1163346 date=1327089506]
[/quote]
The Mighty One has spoken-lol!  ;D
You also predicted that Central would defeat Nederland a couple of weeks ago, and i believe (not sure) that you predicted that Ozen would too. Neither happened, so it's not the end of the story! Let the debate continue!  ;)
[/quote]

I did not pick Ozen to win that game. I did pick them in the pickem contest to beat the spread, which they did. ;)

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1163384" timestamp="1327093643"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94552.msg1163346#msg1163346 date=1327089506]
[/quote]
$100 says Nederland beats Central.
[/quote]Ohh myyyy!  That's confidence in your team against a team that your team have already lost to.  Wow!

NB-Dawg, you might want to reconsider that one...I just don't see this Nederland team going unbeaten through district..I could be wrong, but I doubt it...They are good and well coached, but not THAT dominant..Heck I LOVE Duke, and think Coach K is one of the best to ever do it, but they won't go undefeated in conference play either!! They are a great team, just not that dominant...Get the correlation?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder