Crosby hires new coach, Jeff Riordan!!

scnorman

Crosby hired their new coach tonight but he can not officially start until February 1st. He told some of the players that he would still be around before Feb 1st. Got to meet him and his family and they seem like really good people. Some of the players talked to him and they seem to like him. He told them he is fired up about coming here and really got their attention when he showed them his state champoinship ring. IMO a great hire but lets see. I know the boys are ready for him.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General question. When these openings come available, coaches apply, schools hire. Can the new coach start work at the new school immediately (middle of semester) at mid term or must wait til the school year is over?

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="58SHW" post="1158527" timestamp="1326384390"]
General question. When these openings come available, coaches apply, schools hire. Can the new coach start work at the new school immediately (middle of semester) at mid term or must wait til the school year is over?
[/quote]

Depends on the conditions of their contracts. Head coaches can start normaly as soon as they are hired. They are not under your typical teaching contract. New Offensive and Defensive Coordinators are usually on campus at semester change. Football has a TON of pull in this state.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1158532" timestamp="1326384995"]
[quote author=58SHW link=topic=94086.msg1158527#msg1158527 date=1326384390]
[/quote]

Depends on the conditions of their contracts. Head coaches can start normaly as soon as they are hired. [b]They are not under your typical teaching contract[/b]. New Offensive and Defensive Coordinators are usually on campus at semester change. Football has a TON of pull in this state.
[/quote]

Thanks, that's why I asked.

Guest Coach4life
What all does Crosby have coming back?  I know Coach Riordan will get the most out of the Cougars and He will also be a great asset to the community there. I heard him speak at a clinic and He is very intelligent and passionate. Good Luck Coach Riordan. Crosby got a great one.

[quote name="Coach4life" post="1163419" timestamp="1327095776"]
What all does Crosby have coming back?  I know Coach Riordan will get the most out of the Cougars and He will also be a great asset to the community there. I heard him speak at a clinic and He is very intelligent and passionate. Good Luck Coach Riordan. Crosby got a great one.
[/quote]according to their program crosby had 27 seniors. Dont know excactly how many started but lost alot on the line if I remember correctly

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1163910" timestamp="1327158298"]
[quote author=Coach4life link=topic=94086.msg1163419#msg1163419 date=1327095776]
[/quote]according to their program crosby had 27 seniors. Dont know excactly how many started but lost alot on the line if I remember correctly
[/quote]Wheres CougTalk at? He should know.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1163913" timestamp="1327158865"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=94086.msg1163910#msg1163910 date=1327158298]
[quote author=Coach4life link=topic=94086.msg1163419#msg1163419 date=1327095776]
[/quote]Wheres CougTalk at? He should know.
[/quote]

Returning Off. starters, 1 OL, QB, RB
Returning Def starters, 1 DL, 3 LB, 2 DB

Several underclassmen played in backup roles & had alot of playing time

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86