What if..

The MCM game was played at Lamar would you like the change?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. The MCM game was played at Lamar would you like the change?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe? just try it out for 2 years

Lamr's Stadium holds well over the 15,000 as advertised.  Before the upgrade to the stadium, it held 17K.  I think it would be a great idea. Lamar has great parking.  And for the crowds that MCM brings, Nederland and PN-G's parking sucks.  Lamar arguably has the best parking in southeast texas.  Well, them and PA Memorial's stadium.

I know from the outside looking in it sounds like a good idea, but it will never happen. Even when PNG is packed in at Nederland it is still fun ! I know for the players it means more to play the game at there home field and to go play at the other teams field, Just would not be the same. To me it would be like the TU vs A&M game played at another field.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1155149" timestamp="1325822549"]
Lamr's Stadium holds well over the 15,000 as advertised.  Before the upgrade to the stadium, it held 17K.  I think it would be a great idea. Lamar has great parking.  And for the crowds that MCM brings, Nederland and PN-G's parking sucks.  Lamar arguably has the best parking in southeast texas.  Well, them and PA Memorial's stadium.
[/quote]
The upgrade at LU actually reduced the number of seats. Not sure the count, but it did go down.

Parking is much better at PNG now with the new parking lots, still not perfect, but much improved. I never had an issu with parking at Ned, but thats only becuase my buddy lives across the street from the visitor gate!!! ;D

PEOPLE and the TEAMS make the atmosphere, not the venue.  I think it would be a good idea if it was held at LU.  The same Indian and Bulldog fans would be in attendence.  I'm not buying that atmosphere stuff on this one.  More parking and bigger venue means more fans to pack the stands.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1155368" timestamp="1325872652"]
There is usually 13k or so at either site now.  I agree about the parking, it stinks.  I just don't think that either team will give up "homefield advantage" for this game.
[/quote]Both stadiums are literally 'around the corner' from each other.  So, is this REALLY homefield advantage?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1155384" timestamp="1325874250"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=93775.msg1155368#msg1155368 date=1325872652]
There is usually 13k or so at either site now.  I agree about the parking, it stinks.  I just don't think that either team will give up "homefield advantage" for this game.
[/quote]Both stadiums are literally 'around the corner' from each other.  So, is this REALLY homefield advantage?
[/quote]

They view it that way, Soulja.  Those home games are like gold.  In fact, I heard that the only reason that Nederland agreed to play WO-S at Lamar was that WO-S was giving up its home date in the home and home series.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1155384" timestamp="1325874250"]
[/quote]

Yep, and in more ways than you think.  Some examples would be PNG waiting until almost kickoff to let the Nederland fans in a couple of years ago, and Nederland returning the favor.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1155397" timestamp="1325874742"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93775.msg1155384#msg1155384 date=1325874250]
[/quote]

They view it that way, Soulja.  Those home games are like gold.  In fact, I heard that the only reason that Nederland agreed to play WO-S at Lamar was that WO-S was giving ups its home date in the home and home series.
[/quote]

Are they going to renew the series next year?

[quote name="bigdog" post="1155410" timestamp="1325875062"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=93775.msg1155397#msg1155397 date=1325874742]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93775.msg1155384#msg1155384 date=1325874250]
[/quote]

They view it that way, Soulja.  Those home games are like gold.  In fact, I heard that the only reason that Nederland agreed to play WO-S at Lamar was that WO-S was giving ups its home date in the home and home series.
[/quote]

Are they going to renew the series next year?
[/quote]

I don't know.  I don't know what Coach Thompson's plans are for predistrict plus there is a possibility that WO-S will have 2 less non-district games to schedule after this alignment.

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1155425" timestamp="1325875700"]
It wouldn't be the same for either team if it was played at Lamar.  Nothing like playing at the Reservation or going over to Nederland.  It is all about the atmosphere.
[/quote]Y'all fail to hear what I'm saying.  Wouldn't a better atmosphere be if you can get more of  your fans in the stadium?  LU provides that.  LU also provides better parking.  Would that not be a better atmosphere?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1155428" timestamp="1325875870"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=93775.msg1155425#msg1155425 date=1325875700]
It wouldn't be the same for either team if it was played at Lamar.  Nothing like playing at the Reservation or going over to Nederland.  It is all about the atmosphere.
[/quote]Y'all fail to hear what I'm saying.  Wouldn't a better atmosphere be if you can get more of  your fans in the stadium?  LU provides that.  LU also provides better parking.  Would that not be a better atmosphere?
[/quote]I think the only way the atmosphere would be better is if the student section is open on the hill at LU!!!!!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1155428" timestamp="1325875870"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=93775.msg1155425#msg1155425 date=1325875700]
[/quote]

For me it isn't about fitting more people into the stands it is about the atmosphere that these two teams have when they are on their field at either school.  That is what it is about for most people in both communities. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83