good job caroll thomas

tupac7

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="1149819" timestamp="1324516583"]
Wrong year boss man.  According to the  District Report Cards, all three high schools were Acceptable.  I believe your link was for a previous year which included TPM results.  Which is still good for your district.  I stand corrected for previous years!!!  Lol
[/quote]Actually, it is right.  Your understanding is not so good.  The link I've given you is for the school district as a whole.  As you can see, we have several schools that are exemprary while Dayton has 0.  That's a Goose egg.  Again, ONE unacceptable rating from a Middle School effected the entire district.  Do you understand now? Am I going too fast for you even though I gave you the link for information?  You're making yourself look like a butt (for use of a better word).

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1149824" timestamp="1324519515"]
Dr Thomas has brought Beaumont ISD to the  next level. I think people have issues with Dr. Thomas based on the amount of money he makes and KEEP IT REAL he is African American! The man is doing wonders for Beaumont. All of you criticizing him couldn't and wouldn't do better.
[/quote] 8) 8)

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1149818" timestamp="1324516561"]
I have a co-worker who is absolutly thrilled to see Stump go but on the other hand does not like "Butch" at all. He says that Stump played his favorites and left some great ones on the bench. He also cannot stand the stadium being named what it is. I dont really have an opinion on Stump but would love to know why he left although I know i will never find out. As far as Thomas is concerned I guess that id for you Beaumont folks to work out. Hope you all get a great replacment.
[/quote]
It's laughable when someone says a coach only plays his 'favorites'! Just wonder if your co-worker has ever coached a HS team before? Doesn't he know that coaches want and need to win in order to keep their job(s)? A coach will do anything he can to give his team the best possible chance of winning. Most of the time people make these comments when they have a kid of their own who played for a particular coach but did not get much PT. I didn't play for this Coach Stump, but I did play for his dad and his brother. I never saw them play their 'favorites'.

PA isn't the only school in the Triangle. Dang, you have Kelly, Ozen, Central, West Brook, BC (4 signed with major conferences in baseball) but Menard and the WR could play college football without a doubt. Then you have WO-S and Renfro is probably going to sign with a major conference.

I agree it's not like it was when Beaumont was the "football capital of the world." But there is talent in the triangle and if you add the rest of SE Texas we have our share of college football players.

If you are talking about schools like SLC and those large 5A schools in Houston, Austin, San Antonio and D/FW of course they have a larger pool of players. So, they'll have more signees. 

Where was all this up roar when Mallett was running the district in the ground? The white coach leaves and some how it's the black superintendent's fault. I wonder would Dr. Thomas' salary be brought up on every possible topic if he was a white man? I tend to think no! You have people from Vidor chiming in about BISD when their school district had layoffs, forced retirements, and unrenewed contracts. Go figure.

[quote name="badndn" post="1149851" timestamp="1324524099"]
Can't say its CBT's fault. Stump left for greener pastures! This had to be expected for any coach in Bmt that has any success. The problem I see is the equal pay for all three coaches. Never gonna keep a good coach around with a policy like that.
[/quote]He didn't leave because of pay.  It's a nonfactor. 

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1149824" timestamp="1324519515"]
Dr Thomas has brought Beaumont ISD to the  next level. I think people have issues with Dr. Thomas based on the amount of money he makes and KEEP IT REAL he is African American! The man is doing wonders for Beaumont. All of you criticizing him couldn't and wouldn't do better.
[/quote]

Lord Carroll has turned BISD and Beaumont into a racially divided powder keg ready to explode..  I have 6 family members working for the district..wanna here some stories?  Its a flipping joke what goes on that people never hear about.  "Nugets of wisdom"...ha

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1149857" timestamp="1324525213"]
Where was all this up roar when Mallett was running the district in the ground? The white coach leaves and some how it's the black superintendent's fault. I wonder would Dr. Thomas' salary be brought up on every possible topic if he was a white man? I tend to think no! [b]You have people from Vidor chiming in about BISD when their school district had layoffs, forced retirements, and unrenewed contracts. Go figure.[/b]
[/quote]
::)

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1149886" timestamp="1324529336"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=93384.msg1149824#msg1149824 date=1324519515]
[/quote]

Lord Carroll has turned BISD and Beaumont into a racially divided powder keg ready to explode..  I have 6 family members working for the district..wanna here some stories?  Its a flipping joke what goes on that people never hear about.  "Nugets of wisdom"...ha
[/quote]You'll be suprised what I know.  And I do know what you mean.  Just so you know, there is another side to it besides the one that your 5 family members are telling you, just for the record.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1149837" timestamp="1324521490"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=93384.msg1149818#msg1149818 date=1324516561]
I have a co-worker who is absolutly thrilled to see Stump go but on the other hand does not like "Butch" at all. He says that Stump played his favorites and left some great ones on the bench. He also cannot stand the stadium being named what it is. I dont really have an opinion on Stump but would love to know why he left although I know i will never find out. As far as Thomas is concerned I guess that id for you Beaumont folks to work out. Hope you all get a great replacment.
[/quote]
It's laughable when someone says a coach only plays his 'favorites'! Just wonder if your co-worker has ever coached a HS team before? Doesn't he know that coaches want and need to win in order to keep their job(s)? A coach will do anything he can to give his team the best possible chance of winning. Most of the time people make these comments when they have a kid of their own who played for a particular coach but did not get much PT. I didn't play for this Coach Stump, but I did play for his dad and his brother. I never saw them play their 'favorites'.
[/quote]

No his son was a starter for stump. 

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1149901" timestamp="1324556858"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=93384.msg1149837#msg1149837 date=1324521490]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=93384.msg1149818#msg1149818 date=1324516561]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]True.  When he sat out of a game and the backup came in (an underclassmen), he put up huge numbers and shined against a 5a team and never started another game...  except when he was thrusted in action in the Playoff game vs. Deer Park.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1149913" timestamp="1324558293"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=93384.msg1149901#msg1149901 date=1324556858]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=93384.msg1149837#msg1149837 date=1324521490]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]True.  When he sat out of a game and the backup came in (an underclassmen), he put up huge numbers and shined against a 5a team and never started another game...  except when he was thrusted in action in the Playoff game vs. Deer Park.
[/quote]
We must be on different pages Soulja his son started all season for stump year before last

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476