Hardin Coach Larry Haynes

WOSgrad

http://www.hardinisd.net/education/page/download.php?fileinfo=MjAxMTEyMTIxMTI5MTYwMjkucGRmOjo6L3d3dzcvc2Nob29scy90eC9oYXJkaW4vaW1hZ2VzL2RvY21nci9BTExmaWxlNDk2LnBkZg==

I usually don't peruse school websites for school board agendas, but I got a text last night that figured I need to look at Hardin's.

On this one, I'll direct your attention to item number 3 under the "Closed Session" portion of the agenda:

"Discuss Sabbatical (Leave of Absence) for Larry Haynes."

Does anyone have any further knowledge?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is haynes leaving Hardin?  Did he get fired or is he leaving on his own?  What was Hardin's record this year?  Didnt they go 5-5 last year?  One bad year I would think they wouldn't they would pull the plug especially in that district.  I had heard he never tried to develop any of the lower level talent at the JV or JH levels.  Who know....JMO

[quote name="wildcats35" post="1151117" timestamp="1325023517"]
Why is haynes leaving Hardin?  Did he get fired or is he leaving on his own?  What was Hardin's record this year?  Didnt they go 5-5 last year?  One bad year I would think they wouldn't they would pull the plug especially in that district.  I had heard he never tried to develop any of the lower level talent at the JV or JH levels.  Who know....JMO
[/quote]

My understanding is that Coach Haynes left to pursue interests outside of coaching.

Guest ECBucFan
KSHN, 99.9 reported today that Haynes (along with some others) took the Hardin $5,000 departure incentive instituted to reduce headcount. Haynes told Hardin he would pursue coaching opportunities elsewhere, again  according to KSHN. 

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1151207" timestamp="1325034531"]
KSHN, 99.9 reported today that Haynes (along with some others) took the Hardin $5,000 departure incentive instituted to reduce headcount. Haynes told Hardin he would pursue coaching opportunities elsewhere, again  according to KSHN. 
[/quote]

Well, good luck to him in his future endeavors.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1152632" timestamp="1325284038"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=93238.msg1150658#msg1150658 date=1324787231]
Joe Allen slack from hd. I hear he is held in high esteem by many members of the community. He will definitely be a candidate.
[/quote]Why would Coach Slack leave his alma mater H-D to go to Hardin? Money? More kids? H-D had no JV last season.
[/quote]

All of the above.  Facilities, talent pool, etc. etc......

Hardin has become a better job than HD.  Nostalgia is a great thing, but when you compare the two....in 2011 and beyond....Hardin is the clear cut better job.  Besides, Slack is starting to get the reputation as a guy who still has his job due to the fact that he is a HD graduate and his parents own the restaurant across the street.  He has had no success.  As a matter of fact, he has underachieved.  Some of the teams he has had should've done lots more than they did.  His first few years, they had enough talent to go several rounds deep in 1A, and they couldn't even get out of the first round.  Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why Hardin would want him, but that is the rumor.  Take it for what it's worth.

Guest incognito123
I know of two years that HD had double digit leads at halftime in rd 1, and blew those leads. Groveton ran the same gt play for two quarters and came back in one of those games. Its not all slacks fault. He wasn't ready when HD hired him

[quote name="incognito123" post="1153117" timestamp="1325462050"]
I know of two years that HD had double digit leads at halftime in rd 1, and blew those leads. Groveton ran the same gt play for two quarters and came back in one of those games. Its not all slacks fault. He wasn't ready when HD hired him
[/quote]

Saw both games against Groveton and they should have never been in the games. Groveton had too much talent. Not from HD so not just trying to defend, or from Groveton.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1152983" timestamp="1325396018"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=93238.msg1152632#msg1152632 date=1325284038]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=93238.msg1150658#msg1150658 date=1324787231]
Joe Allen slack from hd. I hear he is held in high esteem by many members of the community. He will definitely be a candidate.
[/quote]Why would Coach Slack leave his alma mater H-D to go to Hardin? Money? More kids? H-D had no JV last season.
[/quote]

Hardin has become a better job than HD.  Nostalgia is a great thing, but when you compare the two....in 2011 and beyond....Hardin is the clear cut better job.  Besides, Slack is starting to get the reputation as a guy who still has his job due to the fact that he is a HD graduate and his parents own the restaurant across the street.  He has had no success.  As a matter of fact, he has underachieved.  Some of the teams he has had should've done lots more than they did.  His first few years, they had enough talent to go several rounds deep in 1A, and they couldn't even get out of the first round.  Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why Hardin would want him, but that is the rumor.  Take it for what it's worth.
[/quote]
LOL, have you seen what is left in Hardin? Nothing, I dont blame Haynes for leaving and whoever they hire, well I feel sorry for them, Hardin isn't that much better than HD they won 18-6 in their scrimmage this year and i'm from neither town, their about the same as far as talent goes.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1152983" timestamp="1325396018"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=93238.msg1152632#msg1152632 date=1325284038]
[/quote]

[/quote] Very good points made in your post. I do agree Hardin has way better facilities hands down. Hardin's turf field is awesome. I agree Coach Slack may want to reach out and prove people wrong regarding favor to him in H-D. For the record I feel Coach Slack has done a decent job, not a great job. I do not agree that Hardin has a better talent pool than H-D. H-D has the ability to bring in athletes not just from H-D, but from Raywood, Devers and Ames. Many great athletes have come from those surrounding towns. Problem is now our Coaches don't go after players like they use to. I remember my H-D Coaches going to the homes of kids back in the day, talking with the parents and incouraging kids to play. Not these days. H-D failed to field a JV football team for the first time last season. H-D may need some new faces and new energy. The genes and tradition are still in our community. I pray our Coaches, parents and kids can come together and get these kids off the playstations and on the fields. Go Bobcats!

Maybe I am hearing from the wrong people at Hardin, the Higher-Ups at Hardin that I spoke with this afternoon didn't know anything about anybody from HD being a front runner for this job.  Maybe I am not talking to the correct persons.  Can some one fill me in? Is Slack a done deal or what?

Guest incognito123
"done deal" is a strong statement, but I'm hearing he is the favorite of a lot of folks in power at Hardin. Also hearing that Slack is very interested in the job.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1154614" timestamp="1325739069"]
"done deal" is a strong statement, but I'm hearing he is the favorite of a lot of folks in power at Hardin. Also hearing that Slack is very interested in the job.
[/quote]

"done deal" is a strong statement.  Slack worked at Hardin before, and is liked by some higher authorities there...but I would hope they would consider the most qualified for the job.  I'm pretty sure there will be several apply when the position becomes available.

Bobcat55...if Slack were to take the Hardin job and leave I'm sure there will be options, but HD won't be as sought after as it once was.  Hate to say it, but HD is on  quite a downhill slide.  There will be quite the interest I bet though especially with so many coaches out of work.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1154923" timestamp="1325794703"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=93238.msg1154614#msg1154614 date=1325739069]
[/quote]

"done deal" is a strong statement.  Slack worked at Hardin before, and is liked by some higher authorities there...but I would hope they would consider the most qualified for the job.  I'm pretty sure there will be several apply when the position becomes available.

Bobcat55...if Slack were to take the Hardin job and leave I'm sure there will be options, but HD won't be as sought after as it once was.  Hate to say it, but HD is on  quite a downhill slide.  There will be quite the interest I bet though especially with so many coaches out of work.
[/quote]I agree with most of your post. Don't think I would say H-D is on a downhill slide. We definetly had one of our worst years ever. Missing the playoffs by going 4-6 and losing big to West Hardin, a team we have dominated forever. But let's not panic, H-D usually contends for the District Title and goes to the playoffs every year.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1154955" timestamp="1325797896"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=93238.msg1154923#msg1154923 date=1325794703]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=93238.msg1154614#msg1154614 date=1325739069]
[/quote]

[/quote]I agree with most of your post. Don't think I would say H-D is on a downhill slide. We definetly had one of our worst years ever. Missing the playoffs by going 4-6 and losing big to West Hardin, a team we have dominated forever. But let's not panic, H-D usually contends for the District Title and goes to the playoffs every year.
[/quote]

HD had a bad year because they don't have many good players.  Talent pool is definately running a little dry.  And only going to get worse I'm afraid.  What needs to happen for HD is for the UIL to get rid of the big school / small school alignments and put HD back in a weak district.  Sabine Pass, Burkeville, etc...  I've been watching HD football for a long time they will never be what they once were.  In fact, I can't think of a ''good team'' that HD has beaten in quite a few years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder