NEDERLAND BULLDOG CLASSIC/THE VILLAGE WINS THE TOURNAMENT

WOSgrad

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1142081" timestamp="1323360460"]
Can someone please keep this updated?  I probably will be missing the Memorial/Central matchup.  Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

No worries Soulja. I am here and will be updating all the games here at the Nederland Tourney.

First game up:

Beaumont Central vs. Port Arthur Memorial      1:30pm

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1142283" timestamp="1323375499"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=92844.msg1142261#msg1142261 date=1323374320]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=92844.msg1142218#msg1142218 date=1323371715]
Central freshman E'Torrian Wildridge not suited out for this game.
[/quote]Street clothes?
[/quote]

Not even here.
[/quote]Not good.  We needed that size.

Is PA-M struggling because they need their football players back to play basketball or have they been missing other players that are not playing this season or they just inexperience this year. They did go to the final of the Silsbee Summer Tournament. Ever since Coach William took over PA-M, I had my thought that PA-M were going to be a team they many would not want to compete because they could not hang with them. What is the deal?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1142329" timestamp="1323377722"]
PAM makes a steal with 1 second left, Central fouls. PAM to the line shooting two, first made, second made

Final

Port Arthur Memorial      65
Beaumont Central          61    OT

Titans outscore Jaguars 4-0 in overtime!!
[/quote]Pitiful.  Simply put. 

[quote name="Babyboi_Prettyboi" post="1142308" timestamp="1323376618"]
Is PA-M struggling because they need their football players back to play basketball or have they been missing other players that are not playing this season or they just inexperience this year. They did go to the final of the Silsbee Summer Tournament. Ever since Coach William took over PA-M, I had my thought that PA-M were going to be a team they many would not want to compete because they could not hang with them. What is the deal?
[/quote]
Just like most teams around here, they are a very young team. 3 seniors on the team.

Was very surprised (including most folks here) that Central allowed PAM to dribble out the entire overtime period after getting the tip to set up that last 45 seconds. Would have thought Lee would have sent his defense out when the Titans chose to just hold the ball.

Spoke with Coach Williams after and he was surprised that they didn't come out to defend sooner.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1142341" timestamp="1323378135"]
PAM was down 60-51 with 2 minutes left, then preceded to outscore Central 10-1 to end regulation, then 4-0 in OT. A 14-1 run to defeat Central.
[/quote]This is what happens when you sit on the bench and you  refuse to get up and actually draw up a play to get your best player in the best positions to score.  You do NOT end a game like that.  No way possible.  I'veseen this Memorial team.  Truth be told, the game Tuesday wasn't supposed to even go into OT.  Coaches need to sit down and re-evaluate their methods. We need points in the clutch, there should be plays drawn up and ready to go.  a quick screen, quick post up,draw a foul,something.  when the other team holds the ball, you're athletic enough to go out and get them.  You don't stand around waiting.  Just like the football team, there is talent that will yet again get squandered throughout the year. 
We've go to get it together, seriously.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder