WEST ORANGE-STARK vs. COLDSPRING-OAKHURST BROADCAST/COLDSPRING ADVANCES 35-13!!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="skipper" post="1138338" timestamp="1322892963"]
just got home :) imust say this coldsprings is the real deal like i said that before and tonight thay proved it  hopeing cs wins it all thisyear good luck this mustang is behind you all the way to the big dance
[/quote]

Glad to hear you made it home Skipper. We had a great game to watch tonight

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I love my Trojans.

Congrats WOS on a great season.  And thank goodness no major injuries tonight.  I see Jay Trapp at each of these games and I shutter to think about the strain and sometimes danger that this game can put on these kids.  The love of the game can be life changing but should not be debilitating.

Way to go Trojans.  Day by Day.

Good to see the Trojan O rumbling again.
IMO best game the offense has had this year.  Had at least 4 receivers make big plays.  Offensive line did a great job opening the running lanes, and Monroe and Gilbert were very impressive.  They were both running with determination tonight.  They were not going to be denied.  Scott played a great game.  Kept the turnovers down, and made some great throws.  Gonna be hard to stop if they keep playing at this level. 
And what can I say.  The Trojan D is a beast.

Wow, what a game.  Congratulations on a great season WOS!  The respect each team showed to the other was great to watch.  #43 for WOS is an absolute HOSS!  I think he carried half the Trojans 15 yards at one point.

WOS has some speed and if many of them are coming back next year WOS is going to be the team to beat.

The absolute only problem I had with the game was at the very end and maybe I just don't understand but when there is slightly over a minute left on the clock and you are 22 points behind ... why would you not just take a knee and end the game?  I know NO ONE wants to quit but why put the kids in danger of being injured at the tail end of a game that can not be won? 

The WOS fans were awesome!  We had them roll down the windows as they drove past and congratulate us on a game well played and wish us well on the next game.

Classy. 

Just got back home...Great game...Great job Trojans...Way to come up with a big game when many (non coldspring fans) were starting to doubt your offense and team as a whole...

Also after looking through the pages of this thread I also have to give you WOS fans/posters alot of credit for coming back on here and giving credit to CS for playing a great game and showing good sportsmanship...

Congrats to WOS players and coaches on a very good season....You guys have dealt with alot the last year plus with the loss of Reggie Garrett as well as having a different head coach for the first time in a couple of decades...

Ditto on the sportsmanship for both teams. The combo of #1 & #8 for CS will be tough for any team to overcome. One of them is bad enough, but when both of them produce like they did tonight, the opposing team can't focus on both. What a great situation to be in. I haven't seen the remaining teams play, but when they see tonight's game film, I'm sure they will be very concerned as well.

First of all I would like to say "THANKS" to the WOS Mustangs for a very enjoyable ride to the 4th round of the playoffs. Second I say Congrats to the CS Trojans on your victory tonight. These were 2 very talented teams who knew they would have to bring their "A" game to win tonight and the team with the least mistakes would advance to the next round. Both of these teams have had turnover and penalty problems in the previous playoff games. The CS Trojans stepped their game up tonight and in my opinion played their best game of the playoffs so far. They knew that is what it would take to beat the talented Mustang squad and they took care of business. CS Trojans--You have our respect.
I would also like to say to all of the fans that left a little early, you missed a fine exhibition of good sportmanship (from both teams) at the end of the game. You could tell by the way they shook hands and slowly walked through the line congratulating each other that their was a mutual respect for the way they had each played the game that night. I admire the players on the field and the coaching staffs for teaching them discipline and respect.
Good Luck in your next game CS-O.
The BLUE and SILVER will be looking for you in the playoffs in 2012.

Let me say first of all...I am one proud Mustang supporter!  You guys gave it your all, mistakes and all.  You represented what 112% is all about.  CS:  Congrats on a very well executed game.  You were the better team tonight.  As for our "fans" on this forum & that attend 3/4 of the games... trust me, you do not represent those of us who truly love our Mustangs & do not give them a portion of our spirit.  This team is a very special group of young men who most of these followers, not fans, were not expected to make it this far. So, I will leave it and say "Yes Coldspring, even the FANS (not followers) support you on your run at a state title".  You were very classy & as was previously mentioned...the mutual respect during the handshakes would be seen from the stands! Thank you because you obviously know how to win with class!

Coldspring, you earned the victory last night.  You were the better team and deserved the win.  Your team was the best we played all year.

Many people were saying the team that made the fewest mistakes would win.  WO-S had more turnovers and it definitely affected the outcome.  The only bad call by the refs was the waived off pass interference call in the end zone.  They said it was uncatchable, but it WAS catchable because it hit our receiver in the hands on the way down.  No matter, because even if WO-S scores on that drive and had fewer turnovers, Coldspring still wins.  The score would've been closer, but Coldspring was the better team.  We just couldn't stop the CS rushing attack in the second half.  I'll be pulling for CS-S to win the whole thing.  If they play like they did last night, they'll hold up the trophy in Dallas on Dec. 16. 

Congratulations to my Mustangs.  After starting 1-3, you accomplished more than even most of our fans expected.  We're proud of you.  Great season!

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1138412" timestamp="1322920409"]
Finally, everyone healthy for CS. [/quote]

I believe THAT made the difference last night.  I know in my heart if we had played last night as we had in the previous playoff games we'd be sending WOS to next weeks game.  Once again Congrats to both teams for what was by far my favorite game of the season.  Job well done!

[quote name="LuvMyTrojans" post="1138427" timestamp="1322922777"]
[quote author=T-Dawd link=topic=92588.msg1138412#msg1138412 date=1322920409]

I believe THAT made the difference last night.  [/quote]

That and all the talk about our offense not being everything is has been hyped up to be really motivated the players. 

[quote name="Trigger" post="1138436" timestamp="1322924027"]
[quote author=LuvMyTrojans link=topic=92588.msg1138427#msg1138427 date=1322922777]

That and all the talk about our offense not being everything is has been hyped up to be really motivated the players.
[/quote]

Should we start a smack talking thread and pretend to be Devine or Wimberly? Just smack talk the Trojans til next week? ;) Hey... if it helps right?

I know nothing about Devine but if Wimberly is anything like last year... they are a great bunch of boys.  Very well mannered and GREAT Sportsmanship...  they are more like CS in that they don't worry so much about returning smack, they show it on the playing field. 

[quote name="LuvMyTrojans" post="1138445" timestamp="1322924680"]
[quote author=Trigger link=topic=92588.msg1138436#msg1138436 date=1322924027]
[quote author=LuvMyTrojans link=topic=92588.msg1138427#msg1138427 date=1322922777]

[/quote]

Should we start a smack talking thread and pretend to be Devine or Wimberly? Just smack talk the Trojans til next week? ;) Hey... if it helps right?

I know nothing about Devine but if Wimberly is anything like last year... they are a great bunch of boys.  Very well mannered and GREAT Sportsmanship...  t[b]hey are more like CS in that they don't worry so much about returning smack, they show it on the playing field. [/b]
[/quote]

The team may show it on the field,But Coldspring is no different Fan Wise than any other school...All School's have their fair share of Village Idiots...Just the way it is... ;)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1138447" timestamp="1322925093"]
The team may show it on the field,But Coldspring is no different Fan Wise than any other school...All School's have their fair share of Village Idiots...Just the way it is... ;)
[/quote]

Oh, ok.  Thanks for keeping us in our place...

::)

To much Gilbert,to much Monroe,to much special teams and to much of a stout defense.Have to give WO-S credit for hanging in there for a little over 3 quarters but you knew who was the better team long before that.Congrats Coldspring.Thank you Mustangs for a ride many of us weren't even looking for.Now bring home the trophy Coldspring.

[quote name="LuvMyTrojans" post="1138445" timestamp="1322924680"]

[/quote]

I know nothing about Devine but if Wimberly is anything like last year... they are a great bunch of boys.  Very well mannered and GREAT Sportsmanship...  they are more like CS in that they don't worry so much about returning smack, they show it on the playing field.
[/quote]

I thought you was a "village idiot" if you talk smack? Don't root your own town out. Last year did you not see that Wimberly player, after the whistle, grab a receiver from behind and slam him on the ground? Only because he man-handled him blocking all night between the whistles. That was Wimberly. He was ejected for fighting, so no they didn't have sportsmanship, nor have we ever had a player do that. our player was not ejected and luckily didn't have any injuries. I talked to the Receiver he learned a life lesson that night to always protect yourself.

[quote name="captredass" post="1138473" timestamp="1322927142"]
[quote author=LuvMyTrojans link=topic=92588.msg1138445#msg1138445 date=1322924680]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought you was a "village idiot" if you talk smack? Don't root your own town out. Last year did you not see that Wimberly player, after the whistle, grab a receiver from behind and slam him on the ground? Only because he man-handled him blocking all night between the whistles. That was Wimberly. He was ejected for fighting, so no they didn't have sportsmanship, nor have we ever had a player do that. our player was not ejected and luckily didn't have any injuries. I talked to the Receiver he learned a life lesson that night to always protect yourself.
[/quote]

I think he either played corner or saftey.  He would have late hits, helmet to helmet hits and just played dirty. He was out to "put someone out"  I was happy when he was ejected. But as a whole,  the team had pretty good sportmanship. 

[quote name="Trigger" post="1138467" timestamp="1322926722"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=92588.msg1138447#msg1138447 date=1322925093]
[/quote]

Oh, ok.  Thanks for keeping us in our place...

::)
[/quote]

Not trying to keep no one in their place,You know where your place is better than I do...Just stating a fact ..It's not the players who post on this forum..It's the Fan's... ;)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1138447" timestamp="1322925093"]
[quote author=LuvMyTrojans link=topic=92588.msg1138445#msg1138445 date=1322924680]

[/quote]

I know nothing about Devine but if Wimberly is anything like last year... they are a great bunch of boys.  Very well mannered and GREAT Sportsmanship...  t[b]hey are more like CS in that they don't worry so much about returning smack, they show it on the playing field. [/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess you will pray for someone else to beat us this week, Kville? Here is some smack talk from one "village Idiot" to another. Yes, you left the window down on the short bus. Please put it back up. If Kirbyville is ever going to beat Coldspring in anything shouldn"t you be shooting free-throws instead of still talking football. I don't think you have been right on any post. Like I said no male, ex-football player, home grown from Coldspring will tolerate smack talk especially when we are winning.

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1138412" timestamp="1322920409"]
And WOS- Your band is Loud! Our gator chomps on kickoffs were all out of whack.
[/quote]
Funny you mentioned that because the I mentioned the very same thing to a couple of people sitting close to me...I thought their band was very loud...Heck, I could barely hear our own band during kickoffs..Our gator chomps were definitely messed up...They had us off our game :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin