WEST ORANGE-STARK vs. COLDSPRING-OAKHURST BROADCAST/COLDSPRING ADVANCES 35-13!!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="LHSPanthersfan" post="1138245" timestamp="1322885946"]
I figured who ever win 22-3a would win a state title...I think I figured right
[/quote]

CS has to get by another opponent to get to the championship game, but after seeing these guys play tonight, you just might be right.  I'm really glad their offense came alive again tonight.  Good luck to the Trojans! 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All week we waitEd for this game. I figured if we won I would get on here and serve up ALOT of crow.  But I think that our boys spoke in OUR favor on the field. 

WOS your team is a great team !! No one can take that away from you. played your hearts out tonight. Hope to see you next yr in another great game ! 

I guess CS isn't overrated after all !!

[quote name="belle-mere" post="1138255" timestamp="1322886309"]
[quote author=LHSPanthersfan link=topic=92588.msg1138245#msg1138245 date=1322885946]
I figured who ever win 22-3a would win a state title...I think I figured right
[/quote]

CS has to get by another opponent to get to the championship game, but after seeing these guys play tonight, you just might be right.  I'm really glad their offense came alive again tonight.  Good luck to the Trojans!
[/quote]

They'll need the momentum for next week. Both Wimberly and Devine have some high powered offenses.  Wimberly's quarter back & Devine's record breaking running back.

[quote name="Chs96" post="1138265" timestamp="1322886688"]
All week we waitEd for this game. I figured if we won I would get on here and serve up ALOT of crow.  But I think that our boys spoke in OUR favor on the field. 

WOS your team is a great team !! No one can take that away from you. played your hearts out tonight. Hope to see you next yr in another great game ! 

[b]I guess CS isn't overrated after all !![/b]
[/quote]

agreed!

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1138283" timestamp="1322887375"]
2nd time to see Coldspring this year, their good. WOS going 4 rounds was an accomplishment. Gilbert was a treat to watch.

[b]Bridge City's 7-0 lost looks more impressive , if ever a lost is good[/b].
[/quote]

So, tell us how you really feel.

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1138272" timestamp="1322887086"]
Congrats Coldspring great win- your overated team just keeps winning and the naysayers just keep disappearing. Looks like the #1 SETX rating is more than justified. Go win state Trojans!
[/quote] I believe i had them there since preseason poll

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="1138241" timestamp="1322885810"]
Makes you wonder how people have been holding down the score on CS after seeing them tonight. Gilbert runs downhill.  He is good!
[/quote]
If you look at their games in the playoffs they haven't give up many yards or points. The offense turned the ball over to many times. I believe CS had only one turnover tonight If they do that, I don't think anyone will beat them!

Game ball goes to Mr. Alfred Scott. WOS was dialed in on Sherm early and Scott made several huge plays when the Trojans needed him most. He was the wrinkle that the coaching staff needed to advance and he answered the bell in a big way.
It's not often that a game like this lives up to the hype, but wow it was all that and a bag of chips. Both teams left it all on the field and either one would have made our region proud. Thanks for a great show by both sqauads.

[quote name="venom33" post="1138297" timestamp="1322888069"]
[quote author=Bigdaddy79 link=topic=92588.msg1138291#msg1138291 date=1322887898]
Where is Skipper at.
[/quote]

you will not find a more humble, good hearted person than skip... go easy on him.
[/quote]

I'm not going to give him a hard time. But he was the first to call Coldspring overrated and they was going to lose in the first round and has done nothing but talk down on Coldspring. Since now cs has beat the great wos he needs to give a few props.  We had a understanding with eachother when the playoffs started.  Wos. You have a great football team and good luck in basketball this year.

[quote name="Chs96" post="1138265" timestamp="1322886688"]

I guess CS isn't overrated after all !!
[/quote]

I agree with CHS96, I don't have the heart to serve crow even though I said I would. We will see each other again next year, we both have many returners for next year.

Wow! What a game.
WOS had a great team and we got to see some of that advertised speed.  They were the first team this year that was able to run with our boys.  They have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. 
I don't remember the number but the "little" running back is pretty darn good.  He is very quick and hard to tackle.  Also, I was very impressed with several of the WOS players at the end of the game.  In particular #14.  He showed some great sportsmanship and was very classy.  Congratulations on a great year. 
(steps on soap box)
I was kind of disappointed in a bunch of the WOS fans though.  With over 5 minutes left they were filing out of the stadium like their team wasn't worth supporting.  This game was no where near over.  I cannot stand this "fair weather" fan attitude.  I have seen it show it's head on the Coldspring side also, and wish that those fans would stay at home.  If you can't cheer for your team when they are losing, then you shouldn't be allowed to cheer for them when they are winning either. 
Congratulations Trojans. 
I think they may have been the best game ya'll have played all year.  Don't let up now!  Keep things Day-By-Day and keep working hard.  Ya'll are the real deal and showed it tonight.

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1138332" timestamp="1322891846"]

(steps on soap box)
I was kind of disappointed in a bunch of the WOS fans though.  With over 5 minutes left they were filing out of the stadium like their team wasn't worth supporting.  This game was no where near over.  I cannot stand this "fair weather" fan attitude.  I have seen it show it's head on the Coldspring side also, and wish that those fans would stay at home.  If you can't cheer for your team when they are losing, then you shouldn't be allowed to cheer for them when they are winning either. 
Congratulations Trojans. 

[/quote]

I sat on the WO-S and left about that time you mentioned.  Plenty tried to leave to get a head start on the traffic..bad idea...I didn't see many blue and silver leaving as I was walking out.  I sure 1/2 of each side was supporters from other towns.

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="1138335" timestamp="1322892523"]
[quote author=TROJANSWIN link=topic=92588.msg1138332#msg1138332 date=1322891846]

(steps on soap box)
Congratulations Trojans. 

[/quote]

I sat on the WO-S and left about that time you mentioned.  Plenty tried to leave to get a head start on the traffic..bad idea...I didn't see many blue and silver leaving as I was walking out.  I sure 1/2 of each side was supporters from other towns.
[/quote]
There were a lot of other schools there supporting one team or the other, but it sure looked like a huge amount of fans streaming out.  I just feel like the WOS team deserved better than that.  They had a great season and played hard tonight.  Things just didn't fall in their favor.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi