**20-4A ALL-DISTRICT TEAMS**/ Released TODAY!!

[quote name="Enjun07" post="1135717" timestamp="1322688856"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=92333.msg1135714#msg1135714 date=1322688673]
[quote author=Enjun07 link=topic=92333.msg1135709#msg1135709 date=1322688443]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92333.msg1135693#msg1135693 date=1322687641]
[quote author=Enjun07 link=topic=92333.msg1135609#msg1135609 date=1322680866]
no debate on the offensive mvp? lol
[/quote]
I was just thinking the same thing. IMO it should've gone to Chase Bertand or Montana Quirante. Those were the leading scorers in the district. Jayce wasn't even in the top 5.
[/quote]
but he was one of the most feared if not most feared player in the district...and had the most recieving yards by a long shot...was double and triple covered this year and still had a 1000 yards recieving...i think they got that one right
[/quote]

Enjun you set that up!
[/quote]
lol im up for debate..i like to hear ppls opinions about players...ill go ahead and say i dont think quirante should of gotten MVP..hes a great player but not the MVP of the district..im in favor of jones as the MVP
[/quote]

Now you are just stirring up the pot lol.....I give credit where credit is due and all of these young men are worthy. People look at Quirante because he played both sides of the ball and I can't argue with that. Jones took care of the rushing yards and led the district and I'm sure that's where his votes came from. Mind you, these votes were posted BEFORE playoffs. Neither of these kids' accomplishments were gone unnoticed nor were they in vain. I'd just hate for any of them to get on here and read some of the comments and feel slighted in anyway. That's why all my comments are positive and I keep my personal opinions that everyone may not agree with to myself.

A great job to each and every individual represented!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love debates. Now Enjun the reason I think Quirante is the MVP of the district is you have to ask yourself this question. Could Jakobi do what Quirante did and vice versa. IMO anything Jones did Quirante could do if he was in his position. I mean q had 1000+ yards rushing (that's only 400 behind Jones) and still passed for almost 400 AND lead the team in tackles AND had one interception AND punted 4 times this year. Now ask yourself this. Could Jakobi Jones do all that?
And that is why i think Quirante deserved the MVP title.

[quote name="vp32" post="1135737" timestamp="1322690482"]
I love debates. Now Enjun the reason I think Quirante is the MVP of the district is you have to ask yourself this question. Could Jakobi do what Quirante did and vice versa. IMO anything Jones did Quirante could do if he was in his position. I mean q had 1000+ yards rushing (that's only 400 behind Jones) and still passed for almost 400 AND lead the team in tackles AND had one interception AND punted 4 times this year. Now ask yourself this. Could Jakobi Jones do all that?
[/quote]

Shoulda, woulda, coulda - who's to say that Jones couldn't have done that had he been put in the position to have to? You can't and I definitely can't and I won't try to. Trust me I'm not knocking Quirante because he is one among many. HONESTLY I don't have to ask myself that question because I wasn't in the position to vote. Now if you want, we can start a poll on here for MVP that way our votes and opinions will count. Not sure that that vote will have any impact on whoever wins because it's just our opinions and we won't put a small 2x1 picture in the Beaumont Enterprise.

Why can't we see how many coaches voted for MVP, OVP, and DVP like we can towards the bottom for other positions? Furthermore why can't they tell us which coaches voted for whom so we can give those ^&*%$^ a piece of our mind along with our opinions that don't think the same way we do? Don't they know our opinions should be counted too?

[quote name="uandme08" post="1135759" timestamp="1322691887"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92333.msg1135737#msg1135737 date=1322690482]
[/quote]

Shoulda, woulda, coulda - who's to say that Jones couldn't have done that had he been put in the position to have to? You can't and I definitely can't and I won't try to. Trust me I'm not knocking Quirante because he is one among many. HONESTLY I don't have to ask myself that question because I wasn't in the position to vote. Now if you want, we can start a poll on here for MVP that way our votes and opinions will count. Not sure that that vote will have any impact on whoever wins because it's just our opinions and we won't put a small 2x1 picture in the Beaumont Enterprise.
[/quote]
Your a lil late man. Already did that lol. Montana is still leading the votes.

[quote name="vp32" post="1135771" timestamp="1322692984"]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=92333.msg1135759#msg1135759 date=1322691887]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
It doesn't matter who votes on this. There is always going to be people that disagree and don't like some or all of the results. It's always been this way.

[quote name="vp32" post="1135771" timestamp="1322692984"]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=92333.msg1135759#msg1135759 date=1322691887]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I'm sure I voted for him as well but I don't think that my vote helps him sleep better at night nor does it change the remarkable season he had and neither does what the Beaumont Enterprise posts is all I'm saying....Every young man that made that list and even some that didn't are very deserving....next year maybe it should just be a list of names then we can put them where we see fit lol...Great job guys in the best district there ever was!

Montana, Jakobi and several others are probably sitting back laughing at all of this and thinking that we are crazy. We can debate this til they graduate next year. I look forward to seeing just what they have in store for us all next year. It was a great season and I'm so ready for the next one!

[quote name="uandme08" post="1135776" timestamp="1322693856"]
Montana, Jakobi and several others are probably sitting back laughing at all of this and thinking that we are crazy. We can debate this til they graduate next year. I look forward to seeing just what they have in store for us all next year. It was a great season and I'm so ready for the next one!
[/quote]
Amen there lol.

[quote name="vp32" post="1135737" timestamp="1322690482"]
[/quote]
No different from last year when Sonnier did not get MVP. But why should it matter, he was recognized and a MVP... congrats to all players

[quote name="uandme08" post="1135776" timestamp="1322693856"]
[/quote]

From our side of the Neches, I don't believe Montana cares as much as I do. I'm passionate about our kids and always will be. He was playing basketball Tuesday night against Orangefield and seemed happy and determined with that. For my part, I hope he puts on 25 lbs. of muscle this summer and takes his vengeance out on 20-4A next year for their indescretions.

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="1135537" timestamp="1322675761"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=92333.msg1134012#msg1134012 date=1322529078]
[quote author=BigDog007 link=topic=92333.msg1133769#msg1133769 date=1322512798]
Congrads to all these young men making the teams,  this is why SETX has such a rich tradition in football. If my addition is correct and my eyes worked right here is the school totals.
Nederland 18
Ozen 15
Vidor 12
PNG 10
Livingston 8
LCM 7
Lumberton 6
Central 4

I appologise if i missed anything but, what a outstanding showing from all our district.
[/quote]
  I'm happy for the kids that made the all district team, but 80 players making all district, that's 10 players per team in an 8 team league, so half the league is all district ?  It just doesn't mean what it use to.
[/quote]
I am not really surprised by the number.  At Nederland's end of the year sports awards football hands out what seems to be about ten awards and of course the [glow=red,2,300]male athlete of the year is always going to come from the football team. [/glow]  All other sports hand out one award for their sport.  It may be because there are more players on football but then again the JV get's letter jackets for practicing when  Nederland makes the playoffs.  I am assuming most of the AD/Football Coaches put the emphasis and special treatment on the football team.  All District has been watered down for years but it is still a way to honor players who work hard.
[/quote]I would disagree with this statement ...for last year anyway ...The male athlete of the the year was both baseball and football .. ;) Yes he played football BUT where is he now ? PLAYING BASEBALL

my opinion on NVP goes as this.... If you take the young man off that team will they do as well as they did with him on that team. So lets take Montana.... QB side of the ball if you take him off the offense you have Austin Powell.... very worthy young man.... has an accurate pass, runs well, reads Def well.... just not real thick to run the ball as much as Montana is but would do it.... Also on our Offense you have Clark, Smallwood, and Bolinger... they were the the beast on our offense.... they made Montana better on the O side of the ball.... cause without them he would of got smoked in backfield....  on the def side of the ball.... I am not sure who his back up is but Montana was a force to be reckoned with and other offense's knew that... if you drop Montana off our def we lose a lot more in my opinion... he is a ball hawk .... he will hit you like a mack truck ALL NIGHT LONG..... he is hard to get a good block on because he reads the offense very well.... So I can understand them not picking him for 20-4A MVP... I am sure he was considered..... and who knows it could of been by 1 vote.... Jones is a fleet footed young man that 1 missed tackle and he will put 6 on you in a heart beat.... if you take him away from Ozen i think their team spirit sinks way down.... he allowed them to feel the ability to win and strive forward....

Just my 2 cents worth......

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1135330" timestamp="1322661806"]
[quote author=oldschool59 link=topic=92333.msg1134006#msg1134006 date=1322528587]
Where is the Kimler kid from Nederland? I was only able to make it to 2 games this year but [b]thought he was the better looking WR out of the bunch.[/b] IMO
[/quote]

Are you really serious?  Have you even GLANCED at the numbers at all???
[/quote]
Maybe he was comparing him to the Ned WRs who made it?

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1136778" timestamp="1322787100"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=92333.msg1135330#msg1135330 date=1322661806]
[quote author=oldschool59 link=topic=92333.msg1134006#msg1134006 date=1322528587]
Where is the Kimler kid from Nederland? I was only able to make it to 2 games this year but [b]thought he was the better looking WR out of the bunch.[/b] IMO
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]Thats what I was thinking....he was comparing him to his own teamates.

[quote name="outanup" post="1136783" timestamp="1322787280"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=92333.msg1136778#msg1136778 date=1322787100]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=92333.msg1135330#msg1135330 date=1322661806]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]Thats what I was thinking....he was comparing him to his own teamates.
[/quote]

Now that would make sense.

My mistake.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1137111" timestamp="1322836349"]
[quote author=surfer73 link=topic=92333.msg1137087#msg1137087 date=1322834418]
My thing is PNG finished 2nd in Dist, But only had one kid on 1st team D?
[/quote]PN-G actually finished 3rd.  Vidor finished 2nd.
[/quote]Sorry 2nd in D.....

[quote name="surfer73" post="1137227" timestamp="1322842711"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=92333.msg1137111#msg1137111 date=1322836349]
[quote author=surfer73 link=topic=92333.msg1137087#msg1137087 date=1322834418]
My thing is PNG finished 2nd in Dist, But only had one kid on 1st team D?
[/quote][b]PN-G actually finished 3rd.  Vidor finished 2nd.[/b]
[/quote]Sorry 2nd in D.....
[/quote]

PNG 2nd in district me thinks.....Both Vidor and PNG were 5-2 but we beat Vidor in district....and looked at the SETX standings.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder