**20-4A ALL-DISTRICT TEAMS**/ Released TODAY!!

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1133812" timestamp="1322516039"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=92333.msg1133809#msg1133809 date=1322515741]
I'm not buying into the Jakobi Jones MVP over Montana Quirante. Montana only had 500 yards less rushing, threw for 200+ yards, led his team three rounds deep into the playoffs and even punted the ball on occasion and was only the Defensive MVP of 20-4A (let's not forget he was also starting linebacker)? I'm sorry, is something wrong with my math? Not taking anything away from Beaumont Ozen but [b]they needed Mr. Quirante's heroics to even get into the playoffs[/b]. Sorry if I sound a little jaded but I just don't think Jakobi deserves it over Montana. Trey Green was a bigger leader for the Panthers. BTW, I don't have any children that play for the Pirates....I just think Montana had a stellar year and should have been rewarded.
[/quote]
You refering to Vidor vs Livingston?
[/quote]

Partly vs. Livingston, partly because Montana was stellar [b]ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL[/b]. The MVP award should be not only about who did the most for their particular team but also who stood out of the crowd in district. Here's a good question to consider in your selection: who would you pick for your team if you are going to build one right now??? Montana played extremely well against every team in district and through the playoffs. Every down. Period.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="badndn" post="1133814" timestamp="1322516120"]
[quote author=GGilbert 7 2010 link=topic=92333.msg1133796#msg1133796 date=1322514557]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92333.msg1133781#msg1133781 date=1322513624]
IMO the player who won MVP deserved it. IMO MVP should be the player that proves that there team would not be where they are without that person. Yes I know that Montana Quirante proved to be very important to his team but IMO we could've wen't just as far as we did with the other qb choice.
[/quote]I agree that the other qb could have done a lot of the same things and maybe even throw better but from watching the games I think Montana was the glue that kept the team together
[/quote]
I have to agree, but Jones was not even the MVP for Ozen. They had Jones early in the season while Green was hurt and how did they do? You could stop Jones and Ozen would still win. Stop Green and Ozen Lost!

Quirante was very good for Vidor, but I agree Powell could have done the same thing for that offense. Which is why I was suprised that Collins got 2nd team QB over Miller!  Collins should have gotten 1st team DB. Now defensively it's hard to argue against Q for Defensive MVP. I also agree that I thought green was a much better play than Jones, Jones was good but green was a special kid but who knows what they were thinking when they voted there is always a couple picks that make you scratch your head
[/quote]

Wow! People REALLY!!!!!!! Again comments made on here are opinions of ours. Every child that was named on here was deserving and there were some that didn't make it but were also very deserving. The coaches voiced their opinions and this is how the all district team was made - all according to their votes. Who are we to tell them that they voted wrong and who are we to tell one child he is not deserving of something because of our opinion? I'm not sure that neither child feels slighted in any way, it's always the adults. Just because our opinions don't match what the coaches felt gives us no right to take anything away from the kids. This list won't make or break a kid's chances at going to the next level or will it make or break the way the season ended. We all have our opinions.

Congratulations to each and every player and your accomplishments! 20-4A is one heck of a district! 

[quote name="robanadana" post="1133827" timestamp="1322516618"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92333.msg1133812#msg1133812 date=1322516039]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=92333.msg1133809#msg1133809 date=1322515741]
I'm not buying into the Jakobi Jones MVP over Montana Quirante. Montana only had 500 yards less rushing, threw for 200+ yards, led his team three rounds deep into the playoffs and even punted the ball on occasion and was only the Defensive MVP of 20-4A (let's not forget he was also starting linebacker)? I'm sorry, is something wrong with my math? Not taking anything away from Beaumont Ozen but [b]they needed Mr. Quirante's heroics to even get into the playoffs[/b]. Sorry if I sound a little jaded but I just don't think Jakobi deserves it over Montana. Trey Green was a bigger leader for the Panthers. BTW, I don't have any children that play for the Pirates....I just think Montana had a stellar year and should have been rewarded.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Partly vs. Livingston, partly because Montana was stellar [b]ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL[/b]. The MVP award should be not only about who did the most for their particular team but also who stood out of the crowd in district. Here's a good question to consider in your selection: who would you pick for your team if you are going to build one right now??? Montana played extremely well against every team in district and through the playoffs. Every down. Period.
[/quote]
Hey, I agree, the kid is awesome. Just put that out their so no one would think you were saying Vidor would not have made it without him. You know how some people speed read and misinterperet.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1133835" timestamp="1322516964"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=92333.msg1133827#msg1133827 date=1322516618]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hey, I agree, the kid is awesome. Just put that out their so no one would think you were saying Vidor would not have made it without him. You know how some people speed read and misinterperet.
[/quote]

Look, I know this is a sports talk forum and I'm not on here to poor mouth any child. The Pirates would have advanced without Montana and God knows I love every one of those kids. They made our community proud and played their hearts out. They're all MVPs in my book; I have them posted on my office door at work. But, my thoughts are solely about the MVP of the district and not selecting the kid I thought was most representative; if you would pick Jakobi over Montana, put it out there. Montana started both ways every down 100%. MVP. Name the person in this district who did more. It is only my opinion for what that's worth...

[quote name="robanadana" post="1133849" timestamp="1322517726"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92333.msg1133835#msg1133835 date=1322516964]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=92333.msg1133827#msg1133827 date=1322516618]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Look, I know this is a sports talk forum and I'm not on here to poor mouth any child. The Pirates would have advanced without Montana and God knows I love every one of those kids. They made our community proud and played their hearts out. They're all MVPs in my book; I have them posted on my office door at work. But, my thoughts are solely about the MVP of the district and not selecting the kid I thought was most representative; if you would pick Jakobi over Montana, put it out there. Montana started both ways every down 100%. MVP. Name the person in this district who did more. It is only my opinion for what that's worth...
[/quote]
As I stated. I agree with you. Only wanted to get that out of the way so no one would misinterperet what you wrote. If I recall, most of the posters have gone with Montana for MVP for quite a while.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1133860" timestamp="1322518232"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=92333.msg1133849#msg1133849 date=1322517726]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
As I stated. I agree with you. Only wanted to get that out of the way so no one would misinterperet what you wrote. If I recall, most of the posters have gone with Montana for MVP for quite a while.
[/quote]

I'm sorry, I'm just teed off by the decision. It wasn't the right one, IMO.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1133870" timestamp="1322518896"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92333.msg1133860#msg1133860 date=1322518232]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=92333.msg1133849#msg1133849 date=1322517726]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I'm sorry, I'm just teed off by the decision. It wasn't the right one, IMO.
[/quote]
Believe me, I know how you feel. Lets just congrat the players on a well played season and good playoff run.

Man. Coach of the year had to be a tough choice. I thought Jeff might get it with everything Vidor went through and keeping them together and making playoffs after being picked 7th.Not saying  Neumann is not deserving too, just saying it must have been a tough choice.

[quote name="BigDog007" post="1133769" timestamp="1322512798"]
Congrads to all these young men making the teams,  this is why SETX has such a rich tradition in football. If my addition is correct and my eyes worked right here is the school totals.
Nederland 18
Ozen 15
Vidor 12
PNG 10
Livingston 8
LCM 7
Lumberton 6
Central 4

I appologise if i missed anything but, what a outstanding showing from all our district.
[/quote]
  I'm happy for the kids that made the all district team, but 80 players making all district, that's 10 players per team in an 8 team league, so half the league is all district ?  It just doesn't mean what it use to.

[quote name="football04" post="1134012" timestamp="1322529078"]
[quote author=BigDog007 link=topic=92333.msg1133769#msg1133769 date=1322512798]
Congrads to all these young men making the teams,  this is why SETX has such a rich tradition in football. If my addition is correct and my eyes worked right here is the school totals.
Nederland 18
Ozen 15
Vidor 12
PNG 10
Livingston 8
LCM 7
Lumberton 6
Central 4

I appologise if i missed anything but, what a outstanding showing from all our district.
[/quote]
  I'm happy for the kids that made the all district team, but 80 players making all district, that's 10 players per team in an 8 team league, so half the league is all district ?  It just doesn't mean what it use to.
[/quote]Exactly. What happened to picking one player at each position, 1st team and 2nd team? When did everyone get a participation award.

[quote name="Eagle0011" post="1134187" timestamp="1322541433"]
I do not have a team in 20-4A, but by reading the honors, Brett Brown for Nederland most be a heck of a player, getting 1st and 2nd team in 3 positions. Pretty impressive. Must be a all- around true football player.
[/quote]
Me thinks you are confussed a bit. Brett Brown made 2nd team FB.  Brett Butler made 1st team Safety and 1st team Punter...Two different kids.

Travis Miller, QB from PNG, was robbed. Travis, if you're reading this, you have friends in LCM. Collins is a fantastic player don't get me wrong, but should have been utility considering he played QB in a wing-t offense, FS, WR when they went spread, and returned all their punts and kickoffs. no way you should pass for more than 2,000 yards and not make it somewhere on this team.

[quote name="bearfan14" post="1134284" timestamp="1322575583"]
Travis Miller, QB from PNG, was robbed. Travis, if you're reading this, you have friends in LCM. Collins is a fantastic player don't get me wrong, but should have been utility considering he played QB in a wing-t offense, FS, WR when they went spread, and returned all their punts and kickoffs. no way you should pass for more than 2,000 yards and not make it somewhere on this team.
[/quote]
His numbers were comprable to what Doty put up last year through 11 games. Doty was Offensive MVP last year and rightfully so. Millers three WR all made first team?? Oh Well. Just goes to show how good the district was this year.

[quote author=Cool Hand Luke link=topic=92333.msg1134280#msg1134280 date=1322575414]
How do players who missed several games due to disciplinary reasons make the team much less 1st Team.  They must be very dominant to beat out guys who played in all of their drespective team's games.  Congrats to all who did make it!
[/quote]
How about Mays at 1st team FB? He played 2 district games. Don't get me wrong, if the young man were healthy he would have been district MVP, but he missed the final 5 games for Livingston (and they went 1-4 in those games!!!).

[quote name="robanadana" post="1133809" timestamp="1322515741"]
I'm not buying into the Jakobi Jones MVP over Montana Quirante. Montana only had 500 yards less rushing, threw for 200+ yards, led his team three rounds deep into the playoffs and even punted the ball on occasion and was only the Defensive MVP of 20-4A (let's not forget he was also starting linebacker)? I'm sorry, is something wrong with my math? Not taking anything away from Beaumont Ozen but they needed Mr. Quirante's heroics to even get into the playoffs. Sorry if I sound a little jaded but I just don't think Jakobi deserves it over Montana. Trey Green was a bigger leader for the Panthers. BTW, I don't have any children that play for the Pirates....I just think Montana had a stellar year and should have been rewarded.
[/quote]

Quirante is a great football player and ur point is valid but i agree with the mvp pick Jakobi jones from ozen had an outstanding year

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="1134290" timestamp="1322576387"]
Quirante is a great player, but how can the Defensive MVP not come from the district's best defense?  That doesn't make any sense to me.  Corbin Carr was the most dominant defensive player that I saw all season.
[/quote]
Wasn't Carr injured for some of the season?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder