Coldspring-Oakhurst vs. West Orange-Stark

Trigger

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="CS 14-0" post="1138365" timestamp="1322898668"]
Sorry vp32 I meant cardinal99 by the way 99 great prediction.
[/quote]
I was about to say man. Dang i wasn't even rooting against either team. I was simply asking card guy where he got his info. Great game CS you showed why your ranked. Good luck in your future games.

[quote name="One4All" post="1138373" timestamp="1322900835"]
Hey guys ....let cs-14-0 get all his taking out now because after football season he won't have anything to talk about .......sports will be over for him ....while we carry on and run deep in just about ever sport.........good job coldspring  best of luck !!!!
[/quote]

The sad thing is Coldspring excels at many other sports... they just don't have the fan base that football does... I guess those sports just aren't as testosterone filled. ;)

[quote name="LuvMyTrojans" post="1138410" timestamp="1322920003"]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=92269.msg1138373#msg1138373 date=1322900835]
Hey guys ....let cs-14-0 get all his taking out now because after football season he won't have anything to talk about .......sports will be over for him ....while we carry on and run deep in just about ever sport.........good job coldspring  best of luck !!!!
[/quote]

The sad thing is Coldspring excels at many other sports... they just don't have the fan base that football does... I guess those sports just aren't as testosterone filled. ;)
[/quote]

Huh???? Have you been to a basketball game? Of course, not the same fan base; however the gym is always packed. Additionally, baseball and other sports have solid support...Trojan Pride is evident in all areas of boys sports, band, etc.....not that it matters for this thread.

[quote name="DoRightTrojanFan" post="1138429" timestamp="1322923162"]
Huh???? Have you been to a basketball game? Of course, not the same fan base; however the gym is always packed. Additionally, baseball and other sports have solid support...Trojan Pride is evident in all areas of boys sports, band, etc.....not that it matters for this thread.
[/quote]

I didn't mean to imply they didn't have support, I just meant that you don't see our other teams getting the pep rallies, bonfires... the stand loud and stand proud recognition they deserve.  And sadly no, I haven't been to any of the basketball games. :( 
And on a predominately male board I wont even open the can of worms over the girls teams.

[quote name="One4All" post="1138373" timestamp="1322900835"]
[/quote]

[b]Since there is still smack talk, here is some for you.[/b] I'm glad the mustang is bucking, it still has life in it after the beating it got last night. WE beat WOS Basketball in Bi-District really bad last year. Coldspring only lost two seniors in basketball and I'm sure they will be glad to play you again, [b]if you make it to the play-offs.[/b] Heck, we will even play you in Baseball. I guess our District is not as weak as everyone thought, Liberty scored 13 points on us and even lonely Tarkington scored 8 points. I hate to kick a mule when it is down but Bellville, Lorena, and even BC would beat WOS if they met in the playoffs this year. Don't talk smack to us until you win something. I'm sure you would treat us pour Trojans the same if you won.

it was good to see coach thompson bring about 10 are 11 of his JV players with them last night it did the kids good to be in the mix of such a big game with a outstanding coldsprings team.i do belive and HOPE the kids there at coldspings  WIN IT ALL and this mustang fan is backing you all the way

[quote name="CS 14-0" post="1138362" timestamp="1322897866"]
Well after 3 weeks of reading about how great WOS is and his post about how we were going to get beat by a truly better team I couldnt help myself. Sorry, read the previous 39 pages and maybe u will understand where I am coming from.
[/quote]

Yeah, I've read all the pages.  I've seen the smack talk from both sides but when the game is done be as gracious a winner as you would be a loser and ....

Dissing band?!  I've been to almost every CS game for the last 4 years because of band.  Those kids are dedicated and put in as much time (and more) as the football team does.  Ever watch the players on the field when the band pumps them up with Laffy Taffy or ESPN?  Or how about Jaws?

I may be an outlier on the board but I think the games would be seriously different without the bands supporting the teams on the field.  How boring are the CS kickoffs when the band is moving down onto the field for half time and can't play Jaws?  Even the fans expect it and still do the gator chomp, it fires up the team.

[quote name="captredass" post="1138464" timestamp="1322926502"]
WE beat WOS Basketball in Bi-District really bad last year.  Don't talk smack to us until you win something. I'm sure you would treat us pour Trojans the same if you won.
[/quote]

I guess as a CS fan I don't really see it the same way...Yes we did beat WOS in basketball last year, however, we haven't won anything yet...It was awesome to witness the run to the state title game last year and watch this years team try to get back but until we're able to actually win a state title or two no matter how much I love my trojans and the kids who play for them we simply won't have the skins (so to speak) on the wall that a team like WOS does...All smack talk aside WOS state championships in multiple sports speaks for itself...Has CS had the upperhand the last few years? Yes but fortunes could reverse just as quickly...

There was alot of smack talk on both sides but IMO most all WOS posters have been nothing short of gracious and complementary following a hard fought loss...The fact that they're able to do this shows that they've seen the cyclical nature of sports and understand that you win some, lose some...

Just enjoy the ride because what the boys from CS have done so far the last 3 years is really special... Very few teams get to enjoy thanksgiving and december highschool football...They're making memories that will literally last a lifetime...

[quote name="venom33" post="1138509" timestamp="1322929717"]
are gilbert and monroe seniors? how about the qb?
[/quote]
Gilbert and Monroe both seniors.
Scott (QB) is a junior.
One O lineman is a senior. 
#44 Harrison (LB) is a senior.
#52 Andries (DLine) is a senior.
A few other seniors scattered around on certain plays and packages.
Most of the rest are Juniors with a handful of sophmores scattered  in.

[quote name="MEM" post="1138523" timestamp="1322930444"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=92269.msg1138509#msg1138509 date=1322929717]
[/quote]

Yes, Gilbert and Monroe are both seniors...Scott (QB) is a junior...
[/quote]

just curious, do you know what kinda offers gilbert and monroe have on the table?

[quote name="MEM" post="1138504" timestamp="1322929456"]
[quote author=captredass link=topic=92269.msg1138464#msg1138464 date=1322926502]
WE beat WOS Basketball in Bi-District really bad last year.  Don't talk smack to us until you win something. I'm sure you would treat us pour Trojans the same if you won.
[/quote]

I guess as a CS fan I don't really see it the same way...Yes we did beat WOS in basketball last year, however, we haven't won anything yet...It was awesome to witness the run to the state title game last year and watch this years team try to get back but until we're able to actually win a state title or two no matter how much I love my trojans and the kids who play for them we simply won't have the skins (so to speak) on the wall that a team like WOS does...All smack talk aside WOS state championships in multiple sports speaks for itself...Has CS had the upperhand the last few years? Yes but fortunes could reverse just as quickly...

There was alot of smack talk on both sides but IMO most all WOS posters have been nothing short of gracious and complementary following a hard fought loss...The fact that they're able to do this shows that they've seen the cyclical nature of sports and understand that you win some, lose some...

Just enjoy the ride because what the boys from CS have done so far the last 3 years is really special... Very few teams get to enjoy thanksgiving and december highschool football...They're making memories that will literally last a lifetime...
[/quote]
Well said.  It is good to remember to respect everyone on your way up.  You may meet them on your way back down.

[quote name="venom33" post="1138535" timestamp="1322931391"]
[quote author=MEM link=topic=92269.msg1138523#msg1138523 date=1322930444]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=92269.msg1138509#msg1138509 date=1322929717]
[/quote]

Yes, Gilbert and Monroe are both seniors...Scott (QB) is a junior...
[/quote]

just curious, do you know what kinda offers gilbert and monroe have on the table?
[/quote]
I don't know, but I did read that Gilbert hopes to join his brother at Oklahoma State.  I expect that OSU will leap at the chance to get Sherman because his older brother has certainly turned heads up there.  Even as a freshman he made the highlight shows for the Big 12.  Either one of them can be game changers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder