Thank You Jeff Mathews!

[quote name="Gabe" post="1131858" timestamp="1322352265"]
There is something which sticks out about Jeff and it has nothing to do with football. Jeff cares about the kids and his passion is driven by wanting his players to succeed. There is just something different about this guy and it separates him from others. Jeff should have the Vidor job for life if that is what he wants.
[/quote]

Agreed! Great Post

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if jeff was smart he would take advangte of this year and move on to bigger and better things, he is amazing as a person and a coach, i would just like to see him coach a team that has true talent, he gets everything out of the kids. This years team was not very talented but played with so much heart if mathews coached somewhere like crosby, or angelton the sky would be the limit

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="1131959" timestamp="1322354808"]
if jeff was smart he would take advangte of this year and move on to bigger and better things, he is amazing as a person and a coach, i would just like to see him coach a team that has true talent, he gets everything out of the kids. This years team was not very talented but played with so much heart if mathews coached somewhere like crosby, or angelton the sky would be the limit
[/quote]

I knew you were an idiot last year when you kept slamming our QB.  You dont make it three rounds deep in the playoffs you moron without talent on the team.  Yea, go to Crosby with all those racist school board members there. Great gig.  Dumb%$#

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1131976" timestamp="1322355351"]
[quote author=GGilbert 7 2010 link=topic=92257.msg1131959#msg1131959 date=1322354808]
[/quote]

I knew you were an idiot last year when you kept slamming our QB.  You dont make it three rounds deep in the playoffs you moron without talent on the team.  Yea, go to Crosby with all those racist school board members there. Great gig.  Dumb%$#
[/quote]well if you really think that vidors quarterback was good last year than i am so sorry but he was horrible, he didnt even know what color jerseys vidor wore. now to the fact saying that you dont get to the thrid round without talent, how many kids on the vidor team do you think would have played for angelton, maybe 2 just because a team wins a couple games dont mean that they are a talented team i really wish you would get off the vidor wagon i love vidor i just state the facts buddy

[quote name="Sleepy1" post="1132027" timestamp="1322356384"]
Thank you Coach. GGilbert, you're an idiot.
[/quote] vidor homers i love it if yall would open yalls eye and see threw the black and gold haze you might realize that vidor is not the greats coaching gig there are many other schools that mathews would excel at, do i want him to leave no, anyone that comes on here talking bad about vidor or just stateing facts they get bashed it shows just how much yall really know not much

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="1132062" timestamp="1322356954"]
[quote author=Sleepy1 link=topic=92257.msg1132027#msg1132027 date=1322356384]
[/quote] vidor homers i love it if yall would open yalls eye and see threw the black and gold haze you might realize that vidor is not the greats coaching gig there are many other schools that mathews would excel at, do i want him to leave no, anyone that comes on here talking bad about vidor or just stateing facts they get bashed it shows just how much yall really know not much
[/quote]
You would represent yourself much better if you'd just shut up.  Your not only off this topic, but just flat wrong. 

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="1132062" timestamp="1322356954"]
[quote author=Sleepy1 link=topic=92257.msg1132027#msg1132027 date=1322356384]
[/quote]

Pirates, quit listening to this clown, he's from Crosby. Jeff is the 3rd highest paid coach in the area, his wife is from Vidor, his children go to Vidor's exemplary schools and if Bridge City couldn't woo him away, he ain't going nowhere. Actually, he probably has as good a situation as you could possibly want as a coach. Jeff is a Vidorian; he's been a part of the school for nearly 20 years.....most of his life. You couldn't get me to coach in Crosby if the salary were six digits given the problems they have there.

[quote name="vhs" post="1132150" timestamp="1322359178"]
[quote author=GGilbert 7 2010 link=topic=92257.msg1132126#msg1132126 date=1322358557]
yes he is in a perfect place to coach high school football playoffs 5 times since 1964 great place
[/quote]

Why do you care so much???
[/quote]

Victim of a Pirate stompin' this year....man, I sure would want to uproot my kids and put them in the Crosby school district....why didn't I think of that

[quote name="robanadana" post="1132156" timestamp="1322359376"]
[quote author=vhs link=topic=92257.msg1132150#msg1132150 date=1322359178]
[quote author=GGilbert 7 2010 link=topic=92257.msg1132126#msg1132126 date=1322358557]
yes he is in a perfect place to coach high school football playoffs 5 times since 1964 great place
[/quote]
What makes you think I am from crosby not even close, don't be mad cause vidor football is a mid county want to be I pull for vidor but not the program that most people think it is average at best
Why do you care so much???
[/quote]

Victim of a Pirate stompin' this year....man, I sure would want to uproot my kids and put them in the Crosby school district....why didn't I think of that
[/quote]

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1132376" timestamp="1322363537"]
[/quote]

Just remember when you are sacking those groceries that the colds go with the colds you moron
[/quote]you are so funny if you knew anything about football you would realize I am right you must really really have bad case of I can't see past vidor is the best at everything you are an idiot for thinking last year qb was good and that is being nice he was a nice guy but being nice don't get you far on the field sorry for speaking the truth

Hey Gilbert, I don't think you have room to to say anything bad about our Vidor qb from last year. Seriously, your screen name is GGilbert and you have his pic up. I'm a huge Horns fan and that dude was a terrible qb. Why don't you quit ragging on kids playing high school ball. GROW UP!

Dang, I just figured it out! Vidor's qb from last year must have stolen your girlfriend!

[quote name="jimbob82" post="1132278" timestamp="1322361531"]
hes not from Crosby, but good ol Lumberton.
[/quote]

Like I said before, victim of a good ol' Vidor stompin'. BTW, ya'll still working on implementing our offense? Spread too complicated? I'm sure lots of people would like to see Jeff leave Vidor; I'm pretty sure he won't anytime soon. If we only win one game in district, your the one I want. You guys were the worse posters on our old website; we had to go in and delete your message threads and block posters constantly because of the vulgarity and hate. Disgusting.

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="1131959" timestamp="1322354808"]
[/quote]This cpming from the same guy that got banned last year for trashing a high school player and the Vidor program in general....What a moron...3 rounds deep and no talent you say...

I'm not going to get in to details, but all I will say is I played under Mathews at Vidor for four years (started on varsity for one) and I have NO respect for that man.  Once your tenure is over playing under him, you're considered as nothing of use to him.  He made me (as well as at least a dozen players in my class) feel as if four years of our extracurricular lives were wasted.  We truly felt like all the hard work and effort we gave was for nothing.  That is the God honest truth.

Wow,  funny I played for coach Mathews from 1999-2001.  He still calls me, He still hugs me when he sees me.  He does the same with every former and current player I have ever seen him come across.  The only former players that do not like him are ones that feel like they did not play enough or in the right position..  I remember one thing he told us..Please dont judge how much I care about you by the amount of time you play.  This thread was started to thank him.  Dont try and bash him because of the playing time you did not receive.  50 kids on a team only 30-35 get to play..

[quote name="BetweenTheBuriedAndMe" post="1132646" timestamp="1322392995"]
I'm not going to get in to details, but all I will say is I played under Mathews at Vidor for four years (started on varsity for one) and I have NO respect for that man.  Once your tenure is over playing under him, you're considered as nothing of use to him.  He made me (as well as at least a dozen players in my class) feel as if four years of our extracurricular lives were wasted.  We truly felt like all the hard work and effort we gave was for nothing.  That is the God honest truth.
[/quote]

Really?  I think you summed it up when you said that you played four years under Mathews and only one on varsity.  That statement screams the reality of the situation.  All I can say is that before every game and before the boys would run out of the skull, my 3-year-old daughter would yell, "Jeff!" and run to him.  He would pick her up and hug her as if she was his own daughter.  I don't know how many head coaches would do that....usually they are so focused on the task at hand that they are oblivious to things around them.  So if he is willingly to validate the feelings of a 3-year-old girl seconds before a game, I can only imagine the love and lessons he is teaching these boys.  Sorry your experience was different, but I bet it is in the small minority and you have truly missed out on a wonderful relationship.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder