Dayton vs Manvel

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="7mary3" post="1127564" timestamp="1321989566"]
[quote author=songone link=topic=91921.msg1127556#msg1127556 date=1321988793]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=91921.msg1127491#msg1127491 date=1321986142]
My two cents. Manvel has only played two teams on their schedule that would even be considered deep playoff contenders, LaMarque & Dawson, in which they both beat.  La Marque gave them a run for their money and Dawson not so much.  El Campo shouldnt even be in the mix.  Manvel will be a huge test for the Broncos and both offenses are going to put sum points on the board.  This game will come down to defense and turnovers.  Dayton will just have to contain Manvels offense and hope to catch some breaks. 
[/quote]El Campo is a very good team.... All losses to top 10 teams... Terry, Angleton, Manvel & Westside (5A).  And each team squeaked by!  Maybe you'll want to include those guys in the mix as well!
[/quote]

Dayton owns the Ricebirds.......rankings dont mean squat this deep in the playoffs.
[/quote]I agree bout rankings... But to discredit El Campo, in an attempt to water down Manvels opponents is crazy.  I know that you guys may have beat them in the past ... But Manvel punished Goose Creek and they beat Dayton from pillow to post.  That doesn't mean Manvel will smoke Dayton, game is played on the field.  But I love Manvel's chances of victory!

[quote name="yfan" post="1127583" timestamp="1321990970"]
manvel doesnt kick FG's will run all over dayton. on to the next round. Manvel will not lose unless they beat themselves
[/quote]I dont think it will be a blowout bud, but if you couldve seen dayton saturday you would know that their chances are good in this one.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1127606" timestamp="1321992250"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=91921.msg1127572#msg1127572 date=1321990174]
Reality starts this week for the Bronco's, your back to playing real teams like BH and GCM ;D

Manvel by 75
[/quote]playing teams like bh this is the third round not the first round. Go back to your cross country website.
[/quote]

Nah I'm going to hang out this week to watch the purple tears fly when they find out third round or not Dayton still sucks 8) I just hope they let yall score some, so you won't be completly dissapointed :'( See ya on the basketball forum  ;)

[quote name="yfan" post="1127583" timestamp="1321990970"]
manvel doesnt kick FG's will run all over dayton. on to the next round. Manvel will not lose unless they beat themselves
[/quote]
The Manvel fans I talked at our game were not so quick to dismiss the broncos, as a matter of fact, they were quite impressed. We as fans love to think we can't be beat, but reallity is , it can happen at any time. Look at Dayton , we lost to BH, a team that 9 out of 10 games we demolish. They are not even in our league. Friday night we will see a very competitive ball game, the team that does not turn the ball over will win. There will not be a blow out, it will come down to conditioning and exicution, and I like the Broncos chances.

[quote name="broncoman" post="1127611" timestamp="1321992593"]
[quote author=yfan link=topic=91921.msg1127583#msg1127583 date=1321990970]
[/quote]
The Manvel fans I talked at our game were not so quick to dismiss the broncos, as a matter of fact, they were quite impressed. We as fans love to think we can't be beat, but reallity is , it can happen at any time. Look at Dayton , we lost to BH, a team that 9 out of 10 games we demolish. They are not even in our league. Friday night we will see a very competitive ball game, the team that does not turn the ball over will win. There will not be a blow out, it will come down to conditioning and exicution, and I like the Broncos chances.
[/quote]

BH kicked your rear just like Manvel is going to. Oh and this BH team that isn't even in your league beat you 5 out of 8 times in football this year from 7th to Varsity ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1127612" timestamp="1321992774"]
[quote author=broncoman link=topic=91921.msg1127611#msg1127611 date=1321992593]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[b]BH kicked your rear[/b] just like Manvel is going to. Oh and this BH team that isn't even in your league beat you 5 out of 8 times in football this year from 7th to Varsity ;D
[/quote]Hes waiting for a bite :o

[/quote]
[/quote]

[b]BH kicked your rear just like Manvel is going to. Oh and this BH team that isn't even in your league beat you 5 out of 8 times in football this year from 7th to Varsity [/b] ;D
[/quote]

Translation:  BHFAN is sorry for doubting the Broncos at playoff time. 

On behalf of all Daytonians to the Barbers Hillarians, we will let you claim one of our many playoff wins as your own.  It was getting hard to count them all anyway.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="1127640" timestamp="1321994079"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=91921.msg1127612#msg1127612 date=1321992774]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[b]BH kicked your rear just like Manvel is going to. Oh and this BH team that isn't even in your league beat you 5 out of 8 times in football this year from 7th to Varsity [/b] ;D
[/quote]

Translation:  BHFAN is sorry for doubting the Broncos at playoff time. 

On behalf of all Daytonians to the Barbers Hillarians, we will let you claim one of our many playoff wins as your own.  It was getting hard to count them all anyway.
[/quote]Holy Taco , thats some funny stuff... :P

[/quote]
[/quote]

BH kicked your rear just like Manvel is going to. Oh and this BH team that isn't even in your league beat you 5 out of 8 times in football this year from 7th to Varsity ;D
[/quote]

So you are admitting that Crosby kicked BH's rear?  It was the same point spread!

[quote name="oldrock" post="1127655" timestamp="1321995184"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=91921.msg1127612#msg1127612 date=1321992774]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So you are admitting that Crosby kicked BH's rear?  It was the same point spread!
[/quote]

Yes they did ;D

Click here for reality
||
[url=http://youtu.be/XjQYuJ8e8rc]http://youtu.be/XjQYuJ8e8rc[/url]

[quote name="olc71749" post="1127602" timestamp="1321992103"]
[/quote]I dont think it will be a blowout bud, but if you couldve seen dayton saturday you would know that their chances are good in this one.
[/quote]Mag West too slow to make a comparison... Manvel has a better crop of athlete all the way around the field!

I got Manvel winning this 38-24. I've seen both and although Dayton has a real good team, Manvel is just playing on another level. Manvel has the perfect combination of size, speed, depth and coaching to win it all. Dayton is playing lights out though, but I just think Manvel will be too much for the Broncos. Just my opinion.

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1127689" timestamp="1321997968"]
I got Manvel winning this 38-24. I've seen both and although Dayton has a real good team, Manvel is just playing on another level. Manvel has the perfect combination of size, speed, depth and coaching to win it all. Dayton is playing lights out though, but I just think Manvel will be too much for the Broncos. Just my opinion.
[/quote]
This , my friend, is a good educated post. It does not bother me when posters that know what they are talking about picks the other team to win, but when you have these predictions from guys with an IQ lower than their playoff win total, it tends to bother me. (not really) I know Man is the best team we will have played all year, but I also know that dayton plays up to their opponent. That could explain the loss to BH, if you know what I mean.

[quote name="broncoman" post="1127814" timestamp="1322005841"]
[quote author=ATWILDCAT link=topic=91921.msg1127689#msg1127689 date=1321997968]
[/quote]
This , my friend, is a good educated post. It does not bother me when posters that know what they are talking about picks the other team to win, but when you have these predictions from guys with an IQ lower than their playoff win total, it tends to bother me. (not really) I know Man is the best team we will have played all year, but I also know that dayton plays up to their opponent. That could explain the loss to BH, if you know what I mean.
[/quote]

I for one was pulling for Dayton all year. The Broncos played Angleton 2 good games these past 2 years and both could have gone either way. Sat with a few Dayton fans this past year when they played Angleton and they were very respectful of Angleton and very passionate for their Bronco team. No trash talking was going on between the kids from both schools, as far as I know. They just played good football.
As far as the game with Manvel, it's going to be tough for the Broncos, but anything can happen. A turnover here and there and Dayton could go home with a victory. Manvel is just about a 15-20 drive up 288 from Angleton, so I was able to catch a few games and they are the real deal.  Dayton just needs to play the best they can and just see what happens after 48 minutes. 

Going to be a good one.  To me it just doesn't phase Dayton when it comes to records, rankings, stud RB, stud QB, size, speed yada yada yada.  I really thought MW was going to give Dayton fits with their size, stud RB, and stud QB......they were absolutely stunned, heard me.  If Manvel scores then Dayton will do the same, doesn't matter how many studs etc are on the opposing team.

[quote name="songone" post="1127576" timestamp="1321990522"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=91921.msg1127564#msg1127564 date=1321989566]
[quote author=songone link=topic=91921.msg1127556#msg1127556 date=1321988793]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=91921.msg1127491#msg1127491 date=1321986142]
My two cents. Manvel has only played two teams on their schedule that would even be considered deep playoff contenders, LaMarque & Dawson, in which they both beat.  La Marque gave them a run for their money and Dawson not so much.  El Campo shouldnt even be in the mix.  Manvel will be a huge test for the Broncos and both offenses are going to put sum points on the board.  This game will come down to defense and turnovers.  Dayton will just have to contain Manvels offense and hope to catch some breaks. 
[/quote]El Campo is a very good team.... All losses to top 10 teams... Terry, Angleton, Manvel & Westside (5A).  And each team squeaked by!  Maybe you'll want to include those guys in the mix as well!
[/quote]

Dayton owns the Ricebirds.......rankings dont mean squat this deep in the playoffs.
[/quote]I agree bout rankings... But to discredit El Campo, in an attempt to water down Manvels opponents is crazy.  I know that you guys may have beat them in the past ... But Manvel punished Goose Creek and they beat Dayton from pillow to post.  That doesn't mean Manvel will smoke Dayton, game is played on the field.  But I love Manvel's chances of victory!
[/quote]

Well, then to discredit Manvels opponents I should have listed them all but what good would that have done.  I feel like La Marque and Dawson were the better of the schedule/credible wins and Dayton has already proven that it can hang with and beat 5A programs, along with beating El Campo, not that it matters.  Also, Dayton's game between them and Angleton could have gone either way and some will say Dayton should have won that one, not that it matters.  I will give credit where credit is due and Manvel is definetely the favorite over Dayton and well deserving of the ranking etc.  Dayton has been battle tested through and through every year when it comes to big games and that helps tremendously.  Depending on which Dayton team shows up, Dayton will be the underdog no doubt but [color=red][i]they still have to play the game[/i][/color].  Going to be fun.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder