HARDIN-JEFFERSON VS. KOUNTZE BROADCAST/ HJ wins 87-49!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1122938" timestamp="1321674383"]
Sounds like HJ really blew it open, must have really done a lot of running, must be really really tired and worn out for probably the next 3-4 days at least, right??  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Starters only played 1 minute in the 4th.....should be rested for the Nederland game on Monday night!!!

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1122942" timestamp="1321674439"]
this is the best HJ team I have seen in a while.....don't want to jinx it,but dang they looked good....i cant wait for the Central and Nederland game...
[/quote]

Hawks played a ton of new kids tonight.  Kids that played JV last year.  Really need to get them a little more reps, and the Hawks will be fine.  Very impressed with Johnson and Harmon for the Hawks tonight.  Bosha and Prudhomme with just a ho hum night also!!! ;) ;)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1122954" timestamp="1321674634"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=91775.msg1122942#msg1122942 date=1321674439]
this is the best HJ team I have seen in a while.....don't want to jinx it,but dang they looked good....i cant wait for the Central and Nederland game...
[/quote]

Hawks played a ton of new kids tonight.  Kids that played JV last year.  Really need to get them a little more reps, and the Hawks will be fine.  Very impressed with Johnson and Harmon for the Hawks tonight.  Bosha and Prudhomme with just a ho hum night also!!! ;) ;)
[/quote]

They did have a nice alley tonight..

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1122943" timestamp="1321674477"]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=91775.msg1122938#msg1122938 date=1321674383]
Sounds like HJ really blew it open, must have really done a lot of running, must be really really tired and worn out for probably the next 3-4 days at least, right??  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Starters only played 1 minute in the 4th.....should be rested for the Nederland game on Monday night!!!
[/quote]

Starters only played 1 minute in 4th because.........they were so exhausted, right??  ;D

Hardin Jefferson    24-23-19-18--86
Kounze                12-8-9-20-----49

Fouls---
Hardin-Jefferson 13
Kountze 18

Free Throws---
Hardin-Jefferson  16-28
Kountze  6-14

Leading Scorers for HJ---

Prudhomme  25
Johnson  17
Bosha  10
Persohn  10
Leaven  5
Stevens  4
Carr  4
Harmon  4
Vannoy  3
Gajeske  2
Mitchell  2

Leading Scorers for Kountze---

Linn  18
Williams  12
Harper  9
Powell  2
Barnes  2
Haynes  2
Lowe  2
McMahon  2

[quote name="no-look" post="1122643" timestamp="1321670840"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=91775.msg1122637#msg1122637 date=1321670650]
HJ is RAW
[/quote]Beast of the southeast?    ;D
[/quote] If they are the beast of SETX They should have enter the Pasadena Tour. then all of SETX could get a look. :o :o :o :o

I didn't know the young mans name until tonight but I won't have to call him #3 anymore, Johnson is playing good ball for the Hawks.Kountze will do fine in their district but the lack of size is going to hamper them this season.The big quick kids who usually wreck folks just aren't there this year.Hope the kid who rolled the ankle is OK.That looked bad.
THANK GOD BASKETBALL SEASON IS BACK !!!!!

Guest jettyman
#32 [b]Quietly[/b] chipped in a double - double along with 3 to 4 blocks. Not totally sure on the rebounds but it was close if not 10.  A little love from Pops!  Keep grinding.

[quote name="whsalum" post="1123155" timestamp="1321678402"]
I didn't know the young mans name until tonight but I won't have to call him #3 anymore, Johnson is playing good ball for the Hawks.Kountze will do fine in their district but the lack of size is going to hamper them this season.The big quick kids who usually wreck folks just aren't there this year.Hope the kid who rolled the ankle is OK.That looked bad.
[/quote] Sometimes believers have to see for themselves. Told you.

[quote name="whsalum" post="1123155" timestamp="1321678402"]
[/quote]

Johnson was on the end of Central's JV bench last year. He had a good showing last night. This should be a real interesting season for HJ

[quote name="proudmom#32" post="1123667" timestamp="1321725123"]
I am not suprised at all of Johnson's performance. This kid has awesome talent. Central knew what they had,and  they chose not to play him. Well their loss, HJ gain!!!Good job Devonte!!!!Keep up the good work. I am glad that HJ has allowed you the opportunity to play your game!!!!
[/quote]

Johnson will be great for HJ. Can't wait for the Central game

[quote name="bacbone9" post="1123428" timestamp="1321712990"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=91775.msg1123155#msg1123155 date=1321678402]
[/quote]

Johnson was on the end of Central's JV bench last year. He had a good showing last night. This should be a real interesting season for HJ
[/quote]

If Johnson was on the end of the JV bench last year and there was nothing personal involved in that decision, only two possibilties remain. 1.  Central will be in the state tournament this year because they are that good  2.  The staff at Central missed something when evaluating their players

I think like most coaching staffs they have their picks and chooses, and Devonte wasn't one of their picks. It is unfortunate that he had to play the end of the bench for central last year when he definitely could have been a key player on their varsity squad. I believe that this kid really loves the game and displayed great discipline and used the negativity he recieved from the coaching staff there to his advantage. Worked hard ,ranked #1 point guard in the Addidas Phenomn camp in San Diego this summer,and has landed him a great home at HJ!!!!Great KID!!!Proud of him!!!

[quote name="proudmom#32" post="1123773" timestamp="1321729281"]
I think like most coaching staffs they have their picks and chooses, and Devonte wasn't one of their picks. It is unfortunate that he had to play the end of the bench for central last year when he definitely could have been a key player on their varsity squad. I believe that this kid really loves the game and displayed great discipline and used the negativity he recieved from the coaching staff there to his advantage. Worked hard ,ranked #1 point guard in the Addidas Phenomn camp in San Diego this summer,and has landed him a great home at HJ!!!!Great KID!!!Proud of him!!!
[/quote]

I know he is a great kid and a great player.  If Central has 5  to 7 players better than him,as I said, they will be playing in Austin.  I am hopeful that Devonte's presence might do the same for HJ.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder