A different perspective on Barbers Hill

Guest ECBucFan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Inadmissible" post="1114995" timestamp="1321124028"]
Is Barbers Hill better than everyone else? Well so far in district 19 they are. Let's not forget they won a district every fall sport this year.  Football,  Volleyball,  Team Tennis and boys and girls cross country.  I'd  say that's a special place.  And they have done this for the better part of tree last ten years.  How many schools can say that?  Winning tradition in every sport!
[/quote]

I wasn't going to respond to this; but, Soulja inspired me. This is probably the "attitude" a previous BH fan posted about. Just an observation from an outsider...

Just because a team is from your "district" doesnt mean you have to pull for em. Yeah you could come on here and say my district is tougher than yours but the bottom line is you pull for "your" team. [b]He11 the OZEN fans I was sitting with last night were saying they hope DA BRONX spank PNG.[/b] I understand respect but the respect is givin when your lined up on da field not posting on a thread.....IMO  ;D
[/quote]

Don't know what fans he was sitting by but I know that Blue and Gold will at da Butch tonight. Panthers say "Let's Go Indians"!

[quote name="NDNette4life" post="1115003" timestamp="1321124471"]
We live across 3180 from BH but I'm PNG from birth. Went to the game last night to pull for Ozen (gotta support the GT and 20-4A!) and honestly, there was so much taunting by the BH players at the start of the game that went overlooked by the officials, it soured me to ever thinking about supporting BH. Clean up the attitude and maybe there won't be so much hating on you... I know, I know. A lot of folks think PNG is attitude rolled up in purple and white, but we respect our district and support which ever team(s) make it into the playoffs, be it our own or any others![b] Dayton fans were at Vidor pulling for the Pirates and on the Ozen side last night pulling for the Panthers. I even read where some Dayton fans thanked Ozen for beating yall. [/b] Treat your own district with some respect, as well! It will serve you well....
[/quote]
You have no idea what you're talking about.  Blah, Blah, Blah.... ::)

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1114674" timestamp="1321111028"]
Just a few years ago BH moved up to 4A due to the phenominal growth in West Chambers Co. The Eagles always fought hard in every game but struggled at times. Now, BH goes 9-1 and is the District 19 4A Champions. Think about that!

Last night, BH pushed (arguably) the most athletic team in SETX to the brink. This game went down to the wire and could have easily gone either way.

BH will continue to improve, and with the new coach getting his program fully established along with the continuing growth, BH's future looks very bright. Scoff or hate on 'em if you want to, but thats just the truth of it.

BH is a great school and community, and the BH Eagles are a class act from the ground up. I am proud to support our neighbors from West Chambers Co!   
[/quote]

Nice post EBUC

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="1115574" timestamp="1321145781"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=91424.msg1114674#msg1114674 date=1321111028]
Just a few years ago BH moved up to 4A due to the phenominal growth in West Chambers Co. The Eagles always fought hard in every game but struggled at times. Now, BH goes 9-1 and is the District 19 4A Champions. Think about that!

Last night, BH pushed (arguably) the most athletic team in SETX to the brink. This game went down to the wire and could have easily gone either way.

BH will continue to improve, and with the new coach getting his program fully established along with the continuing growth, BH's future looks very bright. Scoff or hate on 'em if you want to, but thats just the truth of it.

BH is a great school and community, and the BH Eagles are a class act from the ground up. I am proud to support our neighbors from West Chambers Co!   
[/quote]

Nice post EBUC
[/quote]

Thank you EBUC. ;)

[quote name="Sleepy1" post="1115115" timestamp="1321128510"]
[quote author=Inadmissible link=topic=91424.msg1114995#msg1114995 date=1321124028]
Is Barbers Hill better than everyone else? Well so far in district 19 they are. Let's not forget they won a district every fall sport this year.  Football,  Volleyball,  Team Tennis and boys and girls cross country.  I'd  say that's a special place.  And they have done this for the better part of tree last ten years.  How many schools can say that?  Winning tradition in every sport!
[/quote]

I wasn't going to respond to this; but, Soulja inspired me. This is probably the "attitude" a previous BH fan posted about. Just an observation from an outsider...
[/quote]

I am picturing a student with tears in his/her eyes while typing the original quote here. I know I am crying because I cannot quit laughing! Where is your "Special Place" people?

[quote name="badndn" post="1115067" timestamp="1321127052"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=91424.msg1114674#msg1114674 date=1321111028]
Just a few years ago BH moved up to 4A due to the phenominal growth in West Chambers Co. The Eagles always fought hard in every game but struggled at times. Now, BH goes 9-1 and is the District 19 4A Champions. Think about that! [/quote]

Southlake Carroll moved up from 4A to 5A and won a state title year one.
Others who have moved up and done well early on:
Smithson Valley
Denton Guyer
Cibolo Steele
Aledo
I am sure I could go on. Point being BH has been 4A for more than a FEW years. Been going on six or seven years now and have yet to win a 4A football playoff game, yet to read their posts you would think they were 4A kings. Especially the way they downgrade everyone else. Making the playoffs in this era is not that big a deal. Winning once you get there is!
[/quote]

Moved to 4A in '07....that would be 4 years.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1118111" timestamp="1321309336"]
5th football season. But who's counting. :)
[/quote]

I'm an accountant, Pats. You know I can't add up years.  ;)
Those 5 do include 2 district titles, 10-0 and 9-1 seasons.
Baseball, volleyball, softball have been even more successful.

[quote name="ice74" post="1115058" timestamp="1321126791"]
BH34 your post was too long to quote in its entirety but your assessment of Ozen's defense leaves me with one question.  If your basing that on the fact BH was able to move the ball effectively, then are ou also saying that BH's offense is not good? Just curious....
[/quote]

All I read on these post is how sorry our district is, and the only reason we ever win is because we play weak teams. So, according to that, I assume we must have a horrible offense and defense. Well, that weak offense pushed a great defense all over the field...wouldn't that have to be the fact acording to the assessments made by most across the Trinty? So if we're not that good, then your defense maybe in trouble.

With that said, believe this or not, I hope Ozen wins big!! In fact I hope yall win State...that means we played a very close game with the best. Just not feeling that confident about it is all.  ;D

Ecbuc fan, nice meeting you last Friday and thanks for the props for BH. 

If you sign-up on this board, or any other for that matter, expecting warm and fuzzy post by all posters, well you need help.  If you take 99% of what you read on here as fact and people being serious, well you need help.  If you cant take smack, well you need help.  Ok, well I am off to go get help too.

For example:

1. I don't smoke and never have.  At least "I didn't inhale".  ;D  Still I am Smokin Baby.
2. BH is always going to be superior to any other school.  That's just "FACT".  Sorry to dissapoint you.
3. Dayton, PNG, Nederland, WOS, WOS, WOS, WOS, Central, Ozen, Crosby, GCM, and any other team that get's a decent team will always suck.  Just a "FACT".
4. Some kids get blessed by a priest  at a certain age.  In Dayton they just pull a few teeth to look like mama.
5. Nederland fans are really in-the-closet PNG fans who refuse to wear a skirt and feathers on their head.
6. PNG fans all own Bull Dogs, however they have a vet in Orange remove their barker and put them behind a privacy fence.
7. SFA85 is really an acronym for a disorder of a partciular male body part.
8. cbear4 is someone who who is tramtized over losing Flannigan to Crosby, has an abandoned well in their living room, and keeps repeating, "it rubs the lotion on it's skin" over and over.  Kind of creepy.

[quote name="Zoneblock" post="1118771" timestamp="1321374012"]
bh-89-2

One fact you forgot to add that when the measuring stick is used to determine a schools success Barbers Hill is not used as the standard,

sorry i think yall do alot of things right over there but most of yall are dellusional in the big scheme of things on how good ur really not.
[/quote]

I will put BH athletics and academics up against any school in this area! You don't have to like it ,but records , titles and championships don't lie.

[quote name="Zoneblock" post="1118771" timestamp="1321374012"]
bh-89-2

One fact you forgot to add that when the measuring stick is used to determine a schools success Barbers Hill is not used as the standard,

sorry i think yall do alot of things right over there but most of yall are dellusional in the big scheme of things on how good ur really not.
[/quote]

Here is the skinny:

BH has managed their money and facilities VERY well over the years.  We have had GREAT superintendents (none more GREAT than the one that axed our last experiment) and good coaches.  Jury still out on new coach, but not one person will tell you the guy is not a completly honest and genuine gentlemen who really cares for the kids.  I don't see him kicking a kid's flag football team off of a run-down practice field like our previous coach did. 

All that being said, I have watched A LOT of high school football from all parts of the country.  I know a GREAT team when I see one and a GOOD team when I see one.  BH IS NOT a GREAT team from a talent standpoint.  We are always a good team, and some years we have really good players in a few key positions.  Fact is, like the movie says, "White Men Can't Jump".  We do not have the ethnic diversity to have a team full of special athletic players.  There are always that one or two kids who break that mold, however accross the country your more athletic, faster, and talented skill players are not caucasion.  Now, many will say that's just a racial statement and it really is not.  It's a fact everyone on here knows is true, but few are willing to say it.  Now, I hate to break the bad news to you ethnically diversed teams, BH has got some younger kids (two whom I am related too) whom are going to kick off in your tails.  You have not seen speed yet, but it's coming.  ;) 

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="BH 89-2" post="1118815" timestamp="1321376093"]
[quote author=Zoneblock link=topic=91424.msg1118771#msg1118771 date=1321374012]
bh-89-2

[/quote]

Here is the skinny:

BH has managed their money and facilities VERY well over the years.  We have had GREAT superintendents (none more GREAT than the one that axed our last experiment) and good coaches.  Jury still out on new coach, but not one person will tell you the guy is not a completly honest and genuine gentlemen who really cares for the kids.  I don't see him kicking a kid's flag football team off of a run-down practice field like our previous coach did. 

All that being said, I have watched A LOT of high school football from all parts of the country.  I know a GREAT team when I see one and a GOOD team when I see one.  BH IS NOT a GREAT team from a talent standpoint.  We are always a good team, and some years we have really good players in a few key positions.  Fact is, like the movie says, "White Men Can't Jump".  [size=14pt][b]We do not have the ethnic diversity to have a team full of special athletic players.[/b][/size]  There are always that one or two kids who break that mold, however accross the country your more athletic, faster, and talented skill players are not caucasion.  Now, many will say that's just a racial statement and it really is not.  It's a fact everyone on here knows is true, but few are willing to say it.  Now, I hate to break the bad news to you ethnically diversed teams, BH has got some younger kids (two whom I am related too) whom are going to kick off in your tails.  You have not seen speed yet, but it's coming.  ;) 

[/quote]

Lake Travis?

That's a lake near Austin Texas, home of Steers and Q&^s.  ;D

Good point GCM, there are those schools that can afford to buy the best coaches, best teachers, have rapid econimic growth, and whom have a geographically desirable area that attracks successful athletes.  I have a good friend who has had two sons (one currently) who moved to Austin form PNG just to have their kids be able and play for Lake Travis.  They did this because that was a place where their kids would get a look from Div-1 schools.  Both are scholorship recipients now and neither are as good as either linebacker that playes for BH.  In  the case of Lake Travis they were able to recruit a special QB and great receivers in the same year and have a huge enrollment to pull from.  Having those athletes in a spread-offense be successful has allowed them to bring in more and more special players.  Travis is likely going to be 5A in 2012.  I know the recruit word is a no-no, so maybe attract would sit better with our PNG fans. 

As much as I hate UT, I have to admit Austin is far more attractive place to live than South East Texas.  Same reason a kid might go to USC before going to A&M or Texas Tech. 

Lake Travis History (notice the coaching changes).

In 2011, Lake Travis High School will try to become the first football program in Texas to win five straight state championships. The Cavalier football dynasty began with the arrival of Jeff Dicus in 2003. From 2001-2002, LT had combined a record of 1-19.[8] The overall record since LT's inaugural season in 1982 to the arrival of Dicus stood at 79 wins, 1 draw, and 132 defeats. In his first season Dicus went 3-7. The following year, 2004, Dicus stunned the Austin community; LT had won its first outright district title with a sophomore, Todd Reesing, at quarterback. During his tenure Reesing went 27-7 winning district in 2005 and 2006. In the 2007 season, Lake Travis led by quarterback Garrett Gilbert won its first state championship. The Cavs beat Highland Park HS by a final score of 36-34. The Cavaliers ended that season with a final record of 15 wins and 1 loss. Coach Jeff Dicus, 45-15 at LT, left after that championship season to take over at 5A Duncanville High School. His successor was Chad Morris, who was 135-25 in his previous 14 years as a head coach, winning a Class 4A, Division I championship at Bay City High School in 2000. Morris coached Lake Travis for two seasons, winning the Division I Texas Class 4A State Championship both seasons. In 2008 LT went undefeated and beat Longview 48-23 in the 2008 championship game, by which time they had racked up a 30 game win streak. In 2009, Michael Brewer replaced Gilbert who had graduated. Brewer led LT to another undefeated season, once again beating Longview 24-17 in the 2009 championship game. Chad Morris finished his career at Lake Travis with a perfect record of 32-0. Morris left to accept the Offensive Coordinator position at the University of Tulsa for the Tulsa Golden Hurricane football team.

Lake Travis had a nationwide job search to find Morris's replacement. In the end LT decided that it would be wise to promote from within. Hank Carter, who had been Morris's Defensive Coordinator, was eventually selected. Many Cavalier fans were upset with this decision. Matters were made even worse when LT had its 48 game win streak snapped against Aledo. LT lost a second time to Cedar Park, a loss that would end up costing them the district championship. Things were looking bleak in 2010 eventhough they had an all-star line up; Texas Tech pledge Michael Brewer, future Texas Longhorn offensive tackle Taylor Doyle, future Tulsa Golden Hurricane wide receiver Conner Floyd, junior wide receiver Griffin Gilbert, and junior safety/fullback Colin LaGasse. LT had defeated the 5A #4 ranked team Westlake Chapparals at Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. Although the cavs were victorious, Conner Floyd suffered a broken leg and was expected to be out for the rest of the season. In the second game of the season, Michael Brewer suffered a sprained shoulder on a late hit from a Pflugerville Hendrickson player, an injury that would cause him to miss three games including crucial matches against 4A top five teams Aledo and Kerrville Tivy. With so many injuries many believed Lake Travis would fail to win a fourth straight Texas title. Many felt Carter was on the verge of being sacked as head coach. Yet the doubters were proved wrong, LT somehow managed to reach the UIL 4A State Championship Game at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington. In that game LT defeated the #3 ranked Denton Ryan Raiders 27-7; giving the Cavs their historic fourth consecutive state championship, making them the only 4A or 5A Texas school to accomplish this feat. Lake Travis is only the third team ever in all classes of Texas High School football, along with Celina HS (2A) and Sealy HS (3A), to have won 4 straight titles.[9]

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="BHFAN" post="1118803" timestamp="1321375515"]
I will put BH athletics and academics up against any school in this area! You don't have to like it ,but records , titles and championships don't lie.
[/quote]

You are right about putting up BH athletics up against the others. 9-1 District Champs IS a success. period, and the other sports are even better yet. However, I don't think there is much competition academically. BH wins going away! In the end, THATS the real victory, even though football & other sports understandably dominates the passion of the people. For most athletes, football ends before the year is out, and real life begins near the end of May. BH is a great place for that journey to start.  :) 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin