A different perspective on Barbers Hill

Guest ECBucFan

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="BH 89-2" post="1118832" timestamp="1321376975"]
That's a lake near Austin Texas, home of Steers and Q&^s.  ;D

Good point GCM, there are those schools that can afford to buy the best coaches, best teachers, have rapid econimic growth, and whom have a geographically desirable area that attracks successful athletes.  I have a good friend who has had two sons (one currently) who moved to Austin form PNG just to have their kids be able and play for Lake Travis.  They did this because that was a place where their kids would get a look from Div-1 schools.  Both are scholorship recipients now and neither are as good as either linebacker that playes for BH.  In  the case of Lake Travis they were able to recruit a special QB and great receivers in the same year and have a huge enrollment to pull from.  Having those athletes in a spread-offense be successful has allowed them to bring in more and more special players.  Travis is likely going to be 5A in 2012.  I know the recruit word is a no-no, so maybe attract would sit better with our PNG fans. 

As much as I hate UT, I have to admit Austin is far more attractive place to live than South East Texas.  Same reason a kid might go to USC before going to A&M or Texas Tech.
[/quote]

I've seen steers in Austin, but I've never looked for the other. (I'll take your word on that one.)

BH is a good, local athletic program. They struggle once they leave the confines of Chambers and Harris County.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1118848" timestamp="1321377907"]
[quote author=BH 89-2 link=topic=91424.msg1118832#msg1118832 date=1321376975]

Good point GCM, there are those schools that can afford to buy the best coaches, best teachers, have rapid econimic growth, and whom have a geographically desirable area that attracks successful athletes.  I have a good friend who has had two sons (one currently) who moved to Austin form PNG just to have their kids be able and play for Lake Travis.  They did this because that was a place where their kids would get a look from Div-1 schools.  Both are scholorship recipients now and neither are as good as either linebacker that playes for BH.  In  the case of Lake Travis they were able to recruit a special QB and great receivers in the same year and have a huge enrollment to pull from.  Having those athletes in a spread-offense be successful has allowed them to bring in more and more special players.  Travis is likely going to be 5A in 2012.  I know the recruit word is a no-no, so maybe attract would sit better with our PNG fans. 

As much as I hate UT, I have to admit Austin is far more attractive place to live than South East Texas.  Same reason a kid might go to USC before going to A&M or Texas Tech.
[/quote]

I've seen steers in Austin, but I've never looked for the other. (I'll take your word on that one.)

BH is a good, local athletic program. They struggle once they leave the confines of Chambers and Harris County.
[/quote]

What You Talking about Willis?  Heck, we struggle at Eagle Stadium on a routine basis.  ;D ;D  I hate when we have to play an important game there.  Maybe we need one of those Toby Keith songs to get a dead crowd going.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="BHFAN" post="1118855" timestamp="1321378665"]
Also just to throw something else out BH is the smallest enrollment in 4A not only in this district ,but most neighboring it 8) We do more with less  ;D I couldn't imagine what we could do with a 1800 enrollment :o
[/quote]

It will happen. People recognize a great environment, and reinforcements are continually moving in.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1118862" timestamp="1321378811"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=91424.msg1118855#msg1118855 date=1321378665]
Also just to throw something else out BH is the smallest enrollment in 4A not only in this district ,but most neighboring it 8) We do more with less  ;D I couldn't imagine what we could do with a 1800 enrollment :o
[/quote]

It will happen. People recognize a great environment, and reinforcements are continually moving in.
[/quote]

I hope so or I'm about to go down to an adoption agency and start taking kids 40 times ;D

Your academics is Spelling and Vocabulary, and One Act Play. There were several from other area schools right there with BH ie. Buna, HF, HJ,EC, BC, OF, Nederland, Deweyville, and Groveton to name a few. BH is a good school, but they don't hold a candle to places like Friendswood in academics. I could name school after school that is better academically then BH. Just say it's a good school, when you start trying to show stats, that's when people are going to show you they are just mediocre.

schooldigger has ya'll ranked 144th out of 1517 high schools in Texas for what that's worth ::)

Bh89 you are truly ignorant. You say you know alot about high school football but I call bull crap. Coaching is everything in high school look at katy and lake travis the two best programs in their classification. Do you think they have the best talent every year. No they have great programs. Bh got beat by a team that vidor and png both beat just live with the fact bh is not that good and quit making excuses

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1118871" timestamp="1321379148"]
Your academics is Spelling and Vocabulary, and One Act Play. There were several from other area schools right there with BH ie. Buna, HF, HJ,EC, BC, OF, Nederland, Deweyville, and Groveton to name a few. BH is a good school, but they don't hold a candle to places like Friendswood in academics. I could name school after school that is better academically then BH. Just say it's a good school, when you start trying to show stats, that's when people are going to show you they are just mediocre.
[/quote]

Not saying BH is a state power just better than most in the area. Friendswood is another exceptional school and BH isn't even close to them. All the schools you listed are good schools as well I am not knocking them. Some schools just don't get it though, they think because they are good in football that is all that matters then graduation comes!

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1118848" timestamp="1321377907"]
[quote author=BH 89-2 link=topic=91424.msg1118832#msg1118832 date=1321376975]

[/quote]

[b]I've seen steers in Austin, but I've never looked for the other. (I'll take your word on that one.)[/b]BH is a good, local athletic program. They struggle once they leave the confines of Chambers and Harris County.
[/quote]

You have not been on 6th street when suddenly realizing it is 4 in the morning.  ;)

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1118844" timestamp="1321377445"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=91424.msg1118803#msg1118803 date=1321375515]
I will put BH athletics and academics up against any school in this area! You don't have to like it ,but records , titles and championships don't lie.
[/quote]

You are right about putting up BH athletics up against the others. 9-1 District Champs IS a success. period, and the other sports are even better yet. However, I don't think there is much competition academically. BH wins going away! In the end, THATS the real victory, even though football & other sports understandably dominates the passion of the people. For most athletes, football ends before the year is out, and real life begins near the end of May. BH is a great place for that journey to start.  :)
[/quote]

This ^^^^^^^^

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1118973" timestamp="1321383721"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=91424.msg1118844#msg1118844 date=1321377445]
I will put BH athletics and academics up against any school in this area! You don't have to like it ,but records , titles and championships don't lie.
[/quote]

You are right about putting up BH athletics up against the others. 9-1 District Champs IS a success. period, and the other sports are even better yet. However, I don't think there is much competition academically. BH wins going away! In the end, THATS the real victory, even though football & other sports understandably dominates the passion of the people. For most athletes, football ends before the year is out, and real life begins near the end of May. BH is a great place for that journey to start.  :)
[/quote]

This ^^^^^^^^
[/quote]
I think most of the schools in the area send thier fair share of kids to colleges including Ivy League, West Point, Rice, and others. When you win in academics through the UIL, let's face it there is only like 5-10 kids on the team. You can't compare that to an entire school and say your better then the next school. BH might have an edge on the average SAT scores, but like I said, all area high schools are sending kids to the same colleges BH kids are going to.

So that would bring you back to sports. Overall, BH compete's, but can't get over the [b]Hill[/b] to beat a 20-4A school in football and most other sports. ;D

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1119031" timestamp="1321387569"]
.......and, time machines aside, your team is sitting at home this weekend the same as BH. Why all the hate?
[/quote]
No hate at all. Just throwing in the other side of a debate that one of your fans started. I gave BH props this year and was probably one of the only guys that said they were good early on. Most of the stuff I put is just poking fun, but you do have to admit that there are alot of BH posters that get on here and demand for others to look up to BH because of whatever is going on. Just having a little fun while throwing facts out there. I don't think anyone hates BH, just alot of people reeling ya'll in like a fish. Posters like to see reactions from comments they put. I've been on here for I guess about 5 years, so I've seen my fair share of arguments for one school or community and such. It's all in good fun.

enrollment,race,coaching,less talent etc... all excuses that lead to defeat.theres schools that face those problems every year & stay successfull.just becuz a person is white,black,brown or yellow doesnt determine they will be good at anything.if a kid is raised right ,taught right & coached right they will be winners on & off the field no matter how many lame excuses they hear from people like bh89.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1118803" timestamp="1321375515"]
[quote author=Zoneblock link=topic=91424.msg1118771#msg1118771 date=1321374012]
bh-89-2

One fact you forgot to add that when the measuring stick is used to determine a schools success Barbers Hill is not used as the standard,

sorry i think yall do alot of things right over there but most of yall are dellusional in the big scheme of things on how good ur really not.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, how has that worked out so far??  :)

[quote name="bigdog" post="1119104" timestamp="1321390608"]
[quote author=Zoneblock link=topic=91424.msg1118771#msg1118771 date=1321374012]
bh-89-2

One fact you forgot to add that when the measuring stick is used to determine a schools success Barbers Hill is not used as the standard,

sorry i think yall do alot of things right over there but most of yall are dellusional in the big scheme of things on how good ur really not.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, how has that worked out so far??  :)
[/quote]

Pretty good! We beat you and have won 5 district championships this school year 8) Hows Ned doing ;D

[quote name="diego cruz" post="1119067" timestamp="1321389156"]
enrollment,race,coaching,less talent etc... all excuses that lead to defeat.theres schools that face those problems every year & stay successfull.just becuz a person is white,black,brown or yellow doesnt determine they will be good at anything.if a kid is raised right ,taught right & coached right they will be winners on & off the field no matter how many lame excuses they hear from people like bh89.
[/quote]

No excuses, it is what it is.  If we had 2500 kids to pull from we would be smoking all your arses.......just saying.  Be careful, I might just put on the Indian Outfit next year and go Cherokee on your team......... ;D

BH posters should have slowed down with all that talk. Maybe BH is a "classy" community, but their posters on this site for the most part were not. After the Dayton win they thought they were the best thing football has ever seen. I can't explain to you how good it feels, being from neither Ozen or BH to watch the Eagles fall to a 4 seed in the 1st round. This is a program that is going to take some time to build up, their fans need to recognize that and except them for what they are.

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1119795" timestamp="1321446972"]
I like Barbers Hill.......

Just because they seem to be [b]the only program that folks love to hate[/b] more than PN-G.
  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]It's not the program.. it's 75% of the people who live in BH that everyone loves to hate That 75% think they are superior to everyone else...the other 25% are good people...

[quote name="octfeb" post="1120034" timestamp="1321461225"]
[quote author=KHS 89 link=topic=91424.msg1119795#msg1119795 date=1321446972]
I like Barbers Hill.......

Just because they seem to be [b]the only program that folks love to hate[/b] more than PN-G.
  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]It's not the program.. it's 75% of the people who live in BH that everyone loves to hate That 75% think they are superior to everyone else...the other 25% are good people...
[/quote]

Your profile has an image saying "16-years and counting"  Be honest, can anyone in Dayton really count to 16?  ;D ;D ;D

If you all had an athlete or two I'd say have them move to BH where we are still trying to count to 1, so may be less stressful for them.  ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder