*** OZEN vs BRENHAM ***

SgtRey

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1120788" timestamp="1321513177"]
In real life...who would win in a fight a cub or a panther? I'm thinking a panther because its full grown. A cub just sounds too cute...but that could be its bait?  ;D
[/quote]

This is real life....  Lol.  I'll have an answer for you Saturday night!  ;D

You know where there's a cub, there's usually protective parents not far behind!

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1120790" timestamp="1321513864"]
[quote author=Purple Runs Deep link=topic=91404.msg1120788#msg1120788 date=1321513177]
In real life...who would win in a fight a cub or a panther? I'm thinking a panther because its full grown. A cub just sounds too cute...but that could be its bait?  ;D
[/quote]

You know where there's a cub, there's usually protective parents not far behind!
[/quote]

I think I meant outside of this football game  ;D Yeah Momma bears are real protective!  :o

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1120791" timestamp="1321514240"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91404.msg1120790#msg1120790 date=1321513864]
[quote author=Purple Runs Deep link=topic=91404.msg1120788#msg1120788 date=1321513177]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think I meant outside of this football game  ;D Yeah Momma bears are real protective!  :o
[/quote]

I know, I was giving you a hard time.  BTW, we're not bear cubs, we're lion cubs.  So it would be a lioness and the rest of the pride all over the panther.  ;)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1120792" timestamp="1321514580"]
[quote author=Purple Runs Deep link=topic=91404.msg1120791#msg1120791 date=1321514240]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91404.msg1120790#msg1120790 date=1321513864]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know, I was giving you a hard time.  BTW, we're not bear cubs, we're lion cubs.  So it would be a lioness and the rest of the pride all over the panther.  ;)
[/quote]

Brenham 101...I did not know that  ;D

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1120794" timestamp="1321514665"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91404.msg1120792#msg1120792 date=1321514580]
[quote author=Purple Runs Deep link=topic=91404.msg1120791#msg1120791 date=1321514240]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Brenham 101...I did not know that  ;D
[/quote]

I seriously teach somebody that every week.  Lol

You would be surprised how many people don't know that! 8)

[quote name="Cub90" post="1120813" timestamp="1321529531"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91404.msg1120727#msg1120727 date=1321502688]
Roll call....  Who all is going to this one?
[/quote]

BrenhamFan, I will be there.  Wouldn't miss it!!  Go Cubs!!
[/quote]
Wow!  Now the reinforcements are rolling in.  I got family on board....this is getting good. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1120727" timestamp="1321502688"]
Roll call....  Who all is going to this one?
[/quote]My streak right now is 22 straight games.  I live in the Houston area, so this is kinda a home game for me....I would not miss a playoff game.  I will be there!!

[quote name="Torn ACL" post="1120878" timestamp="1321539651"]
I have not missed a Brenham Cub Football game since 2004. I will be there, I will be the one wearing green.
[/quote]
WOW....since 2004!!  Now that is a fairly long streak.  I made a lot of the games since all the way back to around 1980 I guess, AND I played during my time in school.  My brother played in the years right after I graduated, and I continued to be involved afterwards.  Coach West's era really bought a renewed interest in the program for me, and I think a lot of people.  But man, I gotta tip my hat to you ACL, that is a pretty good streak.  My wardrobe is pretty much all green, so I imagine I will have some on Saturday too!

[quote name="Lions#80" post="1120880" timestamp="1321539734"]
Saturday will show Brenham is overrated :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
[/quote]

We will see who is overrated.  Remember, Livingston was supposed to win 20-4A and y'all didn't even make the playoffs.  Now that sounds a bit overrated to me....  Not that the #3 team is undefeated and taking care of business!

[quote name="Lions#80" post="1120880" timestamp="1321539734"]
Saturday will show Brenham is overrated :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
[/quote]
Ummm, normally I ignore such unsupported statements, BUT I gotta ask Mr. Lion.  What do you base this statement on?  I mean, if I were going to make such a statement, I would have some sort of facts to back it up.  Have you seen Brenham play?  I could care less about the #3 ranking if that is what you are referring to.  The only thing that I truly concern myself with is the next opponent on the schedule, and at this point in time, it is Ozen.  Feel free to list the reasons on why you feel that Brenham is overrated, AND how you think that this week will show why we are that....

We will see who is overrated.  Remember, Livingston was supposed to win 20-4A and y'all didn't even make the playoffs.  Now that sounds a bit overrated to me....  Not that the #3 team is undefeated and taking care of business!
[/quote]

Let all of the naysayers talk down on Brenham, nobody ever takes us serious, and honestly the Cubs like it that way. Coach West would much rather have no publicity whatsoever and be a silent killer. It's funny how all of these people think Brenham is overrated, back to back to back district champs going 29-1 in district...with a State Championship appearance in '09...I wouldn't call that overrated. If the Panthers think they can hang...let em dream. Saturday will do the talking for us.

[quote name="btxk11" post="1121057" timestamp="1321551659"]
[/quote]

[b]Let all of the naysayers talk down on Brenham[/b], nobody ever takes us serious, and honestly the Cubs like it that way. Coach West would much rather have no publicity whatsoever and be a silent killer. It's funny how [b]all of these people think Brenham is overrated[/b], back to back to back district champs going 29-1 in district...with a State Championship appearance in '09...I wouldn't call that overrated. If the Panthers think they can hang...let em dream. Saturday will do the talking for us.
[/quote]

;Dalright spurrier/holtz..... don't try to poor boy it. Folks know who Brenham is. dont let the bull on this board get you so stirred up. ;)

[quote name="btxk11" post="1121057" timestamp="1321551659"]
Let all of the naysayers talk down on Brenham, [b]nobody ever takes us serious[/b], and honestly the Cubs like it that way. Coach West would much rather have no publicity whatsoever and be a silent killer. It's funny how all of these people think Brenham is overrated, back to back to back district champs going 29-1 in district...with a State Championship appearance in '09...I wouldn't call that overrated. If the Panthers think they can hang...let em dream. Saturday will do the talking for us.
[/quote]
That's the biggest understatement of the year lol.

[quote name="vp32" post="1121079" timestamp="1321552930"]
[quote author=btxk11 link=topic=91404.msg1121057#msg1121057 date=1321551659]
Let all of the naysayers talk down on Brenham, [b]nobody ever takes us serious[/b], and honestly the Cubs like it that way. Coach West would much rather have no publicity whatsoever and be a silent killer. It's funny how all of these people think Brenham is overrated, back to back to back district champs going 29-1 in district...with a State Championship appearance in '09...I wouldn't call that overrated. If the Panthers think they can hang...let em dream. Saturday will do the talking for us.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Is it? Read the majority of the posts on here which was what I referred to and tell me I'm wrong. And I'm not angry..I said all that with a smile on my face. Anyone that says Brenham is overrated...obviously has never played them, never seen them play, or pays no attention to 4a football. :)

[quote name="SASQUASH22" post="1121119" timestamp="1321556952"]

At this point both teams are 1-0 ! Throw everything else out of the window. It's a new season and anything is possible ! JUST SAYING !

I am looking forward to a great game on Saturday between the Cubs and Panthers.  LET'S GET IT ON !

GO PANTHERS !
[/quote]
I would have to agree....

[quote name="SASQUASH22" post="1121119" timestamp="1321556952"]

At this point both teams are 1-0 ! Throw everything else out of the window. It's a new season and anything is possible ! JUST SAYING !

I am looking forward to a great game on Saturday between the Cubs and Panthers.  LET'S GET IT ON !

GO PANTHERS !
[/quote] ;)

[quote name="vp32" post="1121079" timestamp="1321552930"]
[quote author=btxk11 link=topic=91404.msg1121057#msg1121057 date=1321551659]
[/quote]
[/quote]

People in the south take us serious, and with good reason.  It's region 1 & 2, that don't....  I've been told by Stephenville, Aledo, Everman, Highland Park, Denton Ryan, Denison, Sulphur Springs & several other schools from the DFW area, that "Brenham is a joke".  Most people on here are just pulling your chain.  I doubt they mean anything by it.  It's just the Yankees of Texas that underestimate us.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nanoflowcell
    Newest Member
    nanoflowcell