*** OZEN vs BRENHAM ***

SgtRey

[quote name="7mary3" post="1114863" timestamp="1321118558"]
Like I've said in another post in reference to certain teams, each year you plan to win the State Championship and nothing else. [b] Brenham is on a totally different level than any other team in this area, including Dayton, Nederland, PNG, Vidor etc etc etc...[/b]This game won't even be close.  If you've seen a team that makes it to the state finals then you know what I'm talking about, talent wise.  Brenham has that team AGAIN.  Ozen beat an overrated BH team IMO and is just a bump in the road for Brenham's run.  Don't get me wrong Ozen may have some studs but Brenham's whole team is full of Div I talent.  If Brenham does lose it won't be by a 20-4A team.
[/quote]

I thought this was one of the most interesting threads until I read this statement. Then I got really PO'd! But I swallowed my tongue for the good of the board knowing there is a reason the UIL mandated we play the games. Brenham pulled the same stunt they did last year. The read too many press clippings, looked ahead to the next week, and now, that next week will be the hardwood and an orange round ball. A little humility can go along way!

Let me add, I'm not a Brenham hater. The good folks there have waited a long time for a championship that's more elusive than cortisone cream after a $2 trick. But hang in there folks, you'll get that ring in due time.

PS: West is a great coach but I think he spends too much time trying to show everyone he's great versus making sound decisions to win. That fake field goal, I'm still shaking my head on that one. 

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest beechnut
[quote name="cougartino" post="1125055" timestamp="1321763314"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=91404.msg1114863#msg1114863 date=1321118558]
Like I've said in another post in reference to certain teams, each year you plan to win the State Championship and nothing else. [b] Brenham is on a totally different level than any other team in this area, including Dayton, Nederland, PNG, Vidor etc etc etc...[/b]This game won't even be close.  If you've seen a team that makes it to the state finals then you know what I'm talking about, talent wise.  Brenham has that team AGAIN.  Ozen beat an overrated BH team IMO and is just a bump in the road for Brenham's run.  Don't get me wrong Ozen may have some studs but Brenham's whole team is full of Div I talent.  If Brenham does lose it won't be by a 20-4A team.
[/quote]

I thought this was one of the most interesting threads until I read this statement. Then I got really PO'd! But I swallowed my tongue for the good of the board knowing there is a reason the UIL mandated we play the games. Brenham pulled the same stunt they did last year. The read too many press clippings, looked ahead to the next week, and now, that next week will be the hardwood and an orange round ball. A little humility can go along way!

Let me add, I'm not a Brenham hater. The good folks there have waited a long time for a championship that's more elusive than cortisone cream after a $2 trick. But hang in there folks, you'll get that ring in due time.

PS: West is a great coach but I think he spends too much time trying to show everyone he's great versus making sound decisions to win. That fake field goal, I'm still shaking my head on that one.
[/quote]

Why are you skaing your head? Kid dropped the ball in the enzone and would have put them up. Sounds to me like you have axe to grind.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1123521" timestamp="1321718158"]
[quote author=Mark F Barnes link=topic=91404.msg1114760#msg1114760 date=1321113736]
Ozen has yet to face a six in the box threat that lurks in the land of cookies and cream. I'm being very serious in saying, the offensive line for Ozen will be overwhelmed, and Mr. Green may have escaped the rushes of Lumberton, Livingston, etc. etc. NONE of the teams on their schedule have the defensive firepower of the Ice Cream Boys.

[b]Sorry to break it to ya...but it's going to be ugly........ Cubbies by 5 TD's[/b][/quote]

Are you going?
[/quote]Seems like the Cub players bought into this line of thinking as well? Everyone that has seen Ozen play at the end of the year tried to tell the 17-4a supporters not to take them lightly..Not only did the fans but the Brenham players did as well and paid for it with a 2nd round loss..JMO

[quote name="beechnut" post="1125070" timestamp="1321763829"]
[quote author=cougartino link=topic=91404.msg1125055#msg1125055 date=1321763314]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why are you skaing your head? Kid dropped the ball in the enzone and would have put them up. Sounds to me like you have axe to grind.
[/quote]

What axe? We have 5 championship flags in our stadium's end zone. If an axe were the case, I would have been more critical. And by the way, I have some friends in Brenham who feel the same way about that play.

Now take some time, go reread the tone of my post and see what spurned me to write it in the first place.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="cougartino" post="1125085" timestamp="1321764565"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=91404.msg1125070#msg1125070 date=1321763829]
[quote author=cougartino link=topic=91404.msg1125055#msg1125055 date=1321763314]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What axe? We have 5 championship flags in our stadium's end zone. If an axe were the case, I would have been more critical. And by the way, I have some friends in Brenham who feel the same way about that play.

Now take some time, go reread the tone of my post and see what spurned me to write it in the first place.
[/quote]

How can you question the fake fg when the qb put the ball right in the basket of  number twenty four? Kid dropped ball plain and simple.

PS I really care if you have a hundred flags bc you aint getting one this year.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1125096" timestamp="1321764823"]
[quote author=cougartino link=topic=91404.msg1125085#msg1125085 date=1321764565]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]How can you question[/b] the fake fg when the qb put the ball right in the basket of  number twenty four? Kid dropped ball plain and simple.

[/quote]

You must have flunked government. See there's this document call the Constitution. Ever heard of it? Like I said on another thread, sounds like you got your PP hurt today. (personal pride).

PS: Keep 'em coming 'cause I haven't laughed this much in some time!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1120925" timestamp="1321543881"]
[quote author=Lions#80 link=topic=91404.msg1120880#msg1120880 date=1321539734]
Saturday will show Brenham is overrated :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
[/quote]

We will see who is overrated.  Remember, Livingston was supposed to win 20-4A and y'all didn't even make the playoffs.  Now that sounds a bit overrated to me....  Not that the #3 team is undefeated and taking care of business!
[/quote]Well, Well, Well. At least Livingston had it's only Div 1 player out for the year!! But Brenham had all those great Div 1 players playing and guess what? You're RIGHT, OVERATED. Ladies and Gentleman, THE LIVINGSTON LIONS would like to welcome the MIGHTY BRENHAM CUBBIES to the SIDELINES, It ain't that bad now to see all these Div 1 players standing beside us. SUCK it up You will get use to it!!!! :-* :-* :-* :-*   

[quote name="cougartino" post="1125123" timestamp="1321765865"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=91404.msg1125096#msg1125096 date=1321764823]
[quote author=cougartino link=topic=91404.msg1125085#msg1125085 date=1321764565]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]How can you question[/b] the fake fg when the qb put the ball right in the basket of  number twenty four? Kid dropped ball plain and simple.

[/quote]

You must have flunked government. See there's this document call the Constitution. Ever heard of it? Like I said on another thread, sounds like you got your PP hurt today. (personal pride).

PS: Keep 'em coming 'cause I haven't laughed this much in some time!
[/quote]
Cougartino, that is why when I was in school, and in the LM dominance of the 90's that I became so respectful of the LM program and tradition.  However, maybe you need to re-word some of your posts in order for them to not sound as if you are a hater.  There is nothing wrong with being passionate about your alma mater, AND the program that you follow.  I am the same way, BUT I never knowingly down another school, or the personel associated with it publicly, unless someone comes at me sideways first.  I am always willing to crack my own family first, and I take my medicine if need be.  I do not think that was a TERRIBLE call on the fake field goal.  It depends on how you look at things.  Anyway, I do not take any of your takes on here personal, do not worry about that.  Trust me when I say that I know about your beloved championship flags.  BUT, AND PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS PERSONAL.  2002-Brenham-23 La Marque-16, and 2005-Brenham-41, La Marque-31!  SCOREBOARD!  Good luck against Ozen!  LOL!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833