Coldspring-Oakhurst vs. Bridge City

[quote name="Trigger" post="1110384" timestamp="1320893476"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=91072.msg1110376#msg1110376 date=1320892142]
[quote author=Bridge City Kitty link=topic=91072.msg1107511#msg1107511 date=1320644238]
Here is hoping that Coldspring shows better sportsmanship than last year!!!
[/quote]

[size=18pt] [b]I think[/b][/size] BC does have a chance in this one. Go big red prove all the doubter's wrong. ;D
[/quote]

First its the "discipline comment"  :o now the "I think this"...

I bet you are a "deep thinker" ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Very deep thinker. ;D ;D 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=91072.msg1110376#msg1110376 date=1320892142]
[quote author=Bridge City Kitty link=topic=91072.msg1107511#msg1107511 date=1320644238]
[/quote]

[size=18pt] [b]I think[/b][/size] BC does have a chance in this one. Go big red prove all the doubter's wrong. ;D
[/quote]

[/quote]

;)

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

;)

[quote name="kicker" post="1107159" timestamp="1320617389"]
It seems that people are saying coldspring is the best thing theve seen since color tv. I hope they underestimate BC. Those boys are winners and they play downright hard. This will not be a blowout. As a matter of fact, I say BC can win this. Any team that plays Coldspring's schedule would look good. I'm not saying they aren't a great team, I'm just saying that this song and dance is heard every year from different teams. I.e. Brownwood last year. Sorry guys, I don't buy CS being the ultimate team.
[/quote]
CS has speed. VERY well coached and play really hard. I saw 2 of their games last year, and 3 of their games this year, so either I went on the wrong nights or something but IMO they were WAY better last year. This year I saw 2 of Bridge Cities games, and  of Coldsprings, CS is better but this could be a game. BC has to play near perfect, but if they open up the passing game they have a chance. Liberty was passing on them fairly well but there defense is horrible. BC actually has a good D

[quote name="AOO7" post="1110505" timestamp="1320900582"]
CS has speed. VERY well coached and play really hard. I saw 2 of their games last year, and 3 of their games this year, so either I went on the wrong nights or something but IMO they were WAY better last year. This year I saw 2 of Bridge Cities games, and  of Coldsprings, CS is better but this could be a game. BC has to play near perfect, but if they open up the passing game they have a chance. Liberty was passing on them fairly well but there defense is horrible. BC actually has a good D
[/quote]

I've watched all of Coldsprings games the last several years and I honestly go back and forth on whether this years squad is indeed better than last years...I could probably understand a compelling argument being made for either side of the argument...Last years squad set the bar very high and ran roughshod through most of their playoff games...Most fans will probably not consider this years team to be better than last years unless they go back to the finals and win (or possibly lose in a very close game)....

In reality it's state championship or bust this year for coaches, players, and fans...That being said it's still a tall task to win 6 games in a row against increasingly better competition....Honestly, in my mind, until someone beats Carthage they're still the team to beat since they seem to play their best come playoff time and are 18-0 the last 3 years in the playoff...

I have seen Coldspring this year against Kirbyville, Orangefield and Huffman.  The Kville and OF games were not very competitive for CS, however, based on how Huffman played the night I saw them I believe they are underrated and have a VERY good football team.  That being said, Coldspring’s defense is a brick wall.  They have speed in the d-backs and linebackers and the defensive line is strong and fast as well.

I saw the BC vs. OF game.  BC has a really good team and handled OF much better than I would have predicted.  I had seen OF in previous games, including the WOS game, and I expected a much closer game between BC and OF.

IMO, BC is the underdog in this one.  They will have to figure out a way to move the ball against a great defense.  On defense, BC will have to contain lots of weapons.  CS can do more than just hand the ball to Gilbert…that won’t be the only offensive weapon BC will have to shut down.

I don’t think it will be the blowout others have predicted, but I do believe CS will win.  Good luck to both teams!  I pray both teams come away without any injuries.

FYI, for those who havn't seen it yet, in the Travis Stewart Playoff Predictions and the Greg Tepper Playoff Predictions on Dave Campbell's Texas Football website Coldsring is predicted to win state in 3A-DII...

http://www.texasfootball.com/playoffs/

[quote name="1fan" post="1112490" timestamp="1321023810"]
FYI, for those who havn't seen it yet, in the Travis Stewart Playoff Predictions and the Greg Tepper Playoff Predictions on Dave Campbell's Texas Football website Coldsring is predicted to win state in 3A-DII...

http://www.texasfootball.com/playoffs/
[/quote]

I kinda wish that we weren't predicted to win, now we're going to get everybody's best game and everybody will be gunning for us.  I do believe though  that we can stay grounded and remember that underdog mentality that got us to state last year, let's stay hungry boys!!!!!! 

By the way, I wonder how dctf's predictions have gone in 3-a that last couple of years?, just curious

[quote name="bambam33" post="1112498" timestamp="1321024124"]
GO GET EM COLD SPRINGS. This is a blowout and possibly turn into an ugly football game. CS has too many weapons and the fastest D I have witnessed in my many years of football. Good luck to both squads!
[/quote]

I'm about to OD on Coldspring..lol  What does Coldspring expect teams to do...Just forfiet the games and Crown them State champs..Come onnnnnnnnnn man...Any one can be beat including Coldspring....Get over your-selves and play the game...Good Luck to both teams...

** I know I will feel the wrath,But so be it... ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder