Nederland vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville Game Thread/Nederland wins!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="baddog" post="1105759" timestamp="1320504757"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=90964.msg1105683#msg1105683 date=1320499793]
I would if "it" bad calls against Orange County teams didn't happen EVERY year. As for as the Bears, they had a though season and things didn't go their way a lot. Hope for a great off-season and better luck next year.
[/quote]

C'mon big red. You seem to be too intelligent of a guy to make a blanket statement like that. Hooks was probably the best at working the refs. I know, here comes all the WOS faithful, but Hooks was way out on the field a lot. Whether he got all the calls or not, he sure put forth an effort. Well, maybe just that one..... ;D

If you are talking about the holding call, I did not see it, but it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Then, when you curse the refs on the field, you are going to get multiple flags.
[/quote]Actually one of the reasons Hooks won some games...because he could intimidate the refs....Gotta hand it to him, he knew what he was doing....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="coach pops" post="1105943" timestamp="1320513668"]
If Ned would have left the starters in after a 21-0 lead 2 plays into the 3 rd and really hammered lcm we would be hearing about how unsportsmanlike running up the score was. You watch enough football you're gonna see officiating calls you don't agree with. Grow up and deal with it or become an official so you can right all the wrongs you've been dealt over the years. Orange county officials called this game so spew venom at them if you need to vent. The call you question was a non issue in this game. Of course another option is to improve your program. Lack of success isn't always someone els'es fault.
[/quote]

Read, I'm not talking about last night. Is Lucky Gamble the current Head Coach at LC-M? No. What call do you think I'm questioning?

Grow up? You're the one that needs to read a post completely before making a post with no idea what game I'm talking about.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1105947" timestamp="1320513797"]
Calls come and go both ways.  As they say it is the way the ball falls. If you really feel that one call cost yall the game last night you need to come back to reality. It was against the complete second team defense with 3 players that were pulled up from jv. Think in my opinion that if the BAD DOGS would have stayed in 7 points would have been all yall would have gotten, I'm sure you saw what happened when they got put back in shut down. If your talking about a call years ago let it go. I can say the same a few years back when Worell Grogan touch the ball 3 first plays and scored touch downs of 74,68, and 81 but they called the 81 back for a mysterious hold.( Think ref felt sorry for LCM defense). So lets all look forward to the future and good luck to Hayden Reed in track as if he needs it lol.
[/quote]

Again, this is a common theme for you guys from Nederland. I'm not talking about last nights game.

[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1105950" timestamp="1320513973"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=90964.msg1105759#msg1105759 date=1320504757]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=90964.msg1105683#msg1105683 date=1320499793]
I would if "it" bad calls against Orange County teams didn't happen EVERY year. As for as the Bears, they had a though season and things didn't go their way a lot. Hope for a great off-season and better luck next year.
[/quote]

C'mon big red. You seem to be too intelligent of a guy to make a blanket statement like that. Hooks was probably the best at working the refs. I know, here comes all the WOS faithful, but Hooks was way out on the field a lot. Whether he got all the calls or not, he sure put forth an effort. Well, maybe just that one..... ;D

If you are talking about the holding call, I did not see it, but it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Then, when you curse the refs on the field, you are going to get multiple flags.
[/quote]Actually one of the reasons Hooks won some games...because he could intimidate the refs....Gotta hand it to him, he knew what he was doing....
[/quote]

Hooks was a great coach and was a players coach. He'd do anything for those guys. I guess that is why WO-S has a winning record against just about everyone in SE Texas.

All this is in regards to refs has you have implied that the touchdown called back last night was directly related to the out come of the game some how. Is that what you are implying? I also realize that you are talking about a call years ago. Every team has them go for and against. We have had our far share of them both good and bad.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1105965" timestamp="1320514725"]
All this is in regards to refs has you have implied that the touchdown called back last night was directly related to the out come of the game some how. Is that what you are implying? I also realize that you are talking about a call years ago. Every team has them go for and against. We have had our far share of them both good and bad.
[/quote]

Again, I know Nederland is an outstanding school district but some of you guy's can't read or don't care to read. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT LAST NIGHTS GAME. GET IT!!!

The[quote name="bigred360" post="1105969" timestamp="1320514905"]
[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=90964.msg1105965#msg1105965 date=1320514725]
[/quote]

Again, I know Nederland is an outstanding school district but some of you guy's can't read or don't care to read. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT LAST NIGHTS GAME. GET IT!!!
[/quote] start a new thread....cause this one is about last night.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1105971" timestamp="1320515094"]
So why are you complaining or discussing it on this thread following last nights game. Start a new post if you do not want us Mid County people to recieve it that way.
[/quote]

You're right it is probably confusing and if no one else makes a post I'll drop the issue as it wasn't regarding last nights game.

[quote name="outanup" post="1105972" timestamp="1320515102"]
The[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=90964.msg1105969#msg1105969 date=1320514905]
[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=90964.msg1105965#msg1105965 date=1320514725]
[/quote]

[/quote] start a new thread....cause this one is about last night.
[/quote]

I get the confusion. Congratulations on the victory and good luck in the playoffs.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1105986" timestamp="1320515915"]
It's cool .I think yall have a good team of atheletes. I think there is a underlying issue maybe coaches or something.
[/quote]

Well when your coach is dumb enough to bump his fat belly up against a ref 4 times as he is walking beside him cursing him out, hes got issues. He is lucky he wasnt thrown out. Its one thing to argue with a ref, but to take it to a physical level is a whole new level. And the crew was an Orange County Crew! But you are right, Nederland still paid them off because last nights game was such a meaningful game. Which is why we had JV players in on defense in the third quarter.. sheesh  ::)

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1105999" timestamp="1320516436"]
[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=90964.msg1105986#msg1105986 date=1320515915]
It's cool .I think yall have a good team of atheletes. I think there is a underlying issue maybe coaches or something.
[/quote]

Well when your coach is dumb enough to bump his fat belly up against a ref 4 times as he is walking beside him cursing him out, hes got issues. He is lucky he wasnt thrown out. Its one thing to argue with a ref, but to take it to a physical level is a whole new level. And the crew was an Orange County Crew! But you are right, Nederland still paid them off because last nights game was such a meaningful game. Which is why we had JV players in on defense in the third quarter.. sheesh  ::)
[/quote]

I was hoping this was over. I even congratulated you guys and wished you success in the playoffs and now 27 has to make this post. I don't know why because I already stated if someone is cussing a refs the flags will be thrown. This is the first I've ever heard of our Head Coach losing control of his emotions and making things physicial. If he did indeed do that he should have been thrown out of the game.

Are you bragging about your first out-right district title since 1965? You may want to check out LC-M as we were outright district champs in the mid 90's.  ;)

[quote name="bigred360" post="1106011" timestamp="1320517004"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=90964.msg1105999#msg1105999 date=1320516436]
[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=90964.msg1105986#msg1105986 date=1320515915]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was hoping this was over. I even congratulated you guys and wished you success in the playoffs and now 27 has to make this post. I don't know why because I already stated if someone is cussing a refs the flags will be thrown. This is the first I've ever heard of our Head Coach losing control of his emotions and making things physicial. If he did indeed do that he should have been thrown out of the game.

Are you bragging about your first out-right district title since 1965? You may want to check out LC-M as we were outright district champs in the mid 90's.  ;)
[/quote]

Never bragged about anything or mentioned anything about the District Championship. Glad to have it but my post was in reference to what you kept on saying about the Orange County Officiating Crew. Guess your own people cant see! You are welcome to come support the Dogs Friday night at Lamar. If you get there early enough you might be able to snag a seat.

Nederland Bulldogs - A Tradition of Excellence = not bragging?

27, the game I was in reference to was a game several years ago at Nederland with Beaumont officials. Fact! Sorry you can't get that through your head. I've stated it several times now it wasn't last nights game I was referring to.

Good luck in the playoffs starting Friday at Lamar. I doubt I have to worry about a seat in the 16,000 seat Provost Umphrey Stadium.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1106041" timestamp="1320518880"]

27, the game I was in reference to was a game several years ago at Nederland with Beaumont officials. Fact! Sorry you can't get that through your head. I've stated it several times now it wasn't last nights game I was referring to.

Good luck in the playoffs starting Friday at Lamar. I doubt I have to worry about a seat in the 16,000 seat Provost Umphrey Stadium.
[/quote]

Thats been my signature on all my posts for many years. And i understand that you are saying it wasnt about last nights game. What i dont understand is why its on this thread?

[quote name="bigred360" post="1106041" timestamp="1320518880"]

[/quote]

Since you keep mentioning that you are griping about 10-15 years ago or whenever this happened, start another thread and stay on topic on this one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder