No contact football

Are we going to rubber coat the rooms and floor so that they don't hurt their litte heads?  Are we gonna give them crayons to write with so that they don't risk hurting themselves with pencils or pens?

I think you get the idea where I am going with this.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1099531" timestamp="1319939309"]
Are we going to rubber coat the rooms and floor so that they don't hurt their litte heads?  Are we gonna give them crayons to write with so that they don't risk hurting themselves with pencils or pens?

I think you get the idea where I am going with this.
[/quote]

I'm with WOS on this, they could hurt themselves going down the steps or a wet floor. Each person has to make that decision for themselves.

Maybe it should be played on the jumbotron in the end zone. Both teams could be hooked up Madden 12 and play each position independently. Like each team's quarterback can be the one on screen, each lineman can control his corresponding position, etc.

The only thing that they need to be on the field for is the pregame handshake and the flip of the coin. The rest will be on the big screen.

It could even be streamed to homes on pay per view so the crowd doesn't even need to show up if they don't want to. It would sure beat standing in line for tickets.

Just think of the possibilities.........

[quote name="tvc184" post="1099694" timestamp="1319957910"]
Maybe it should be played on the jumbotron in the end zone. Both teams could be hooked up Madden 12 and play each position independently. Like each team's quarterback can be the one on screen, each lineman can control his corresponding position, etc.

The only thing that they need to be on the field for is the pregame handshake and the flip of the coin. The rest will be on the big screen.

It could even be streamed to homes on pay per view so the crowd doesn't even need to show up if they don't want to. It would sure beat standing in line for tickets.

Just think of the possibilities.........
[/quote]

not gonna work.  somebody might get carpal tunnel... from now on, whoever wins the coin toss wins the game.

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1099713" timestamp="1319977130"]
[quote author=speveto link=topic=90679.msg1099704#msg1099704 date=1319969657]
Don`t  they call that [b]"FAG FOOTBALL"[/b].
[/quote]

In Cali its got a different name  ;D
[/quote]

I understand that sometimes change is hard but something like flag football would be so much safer for the kids to play, and maybe a little quieter in the stands would help. Bridge City Cops have been pushing for less noise particularly from the visitors side.    ???

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Buck2Hands" post="1099908" timestamp="1319998579"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=90679.msg1099713#msg1099713 date=1319977130]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I understand that sometimes change is hard but something like flag football would be so much safer for the kids to play, and maybe a little quieter in the stands would help. Bridge City Cops have been pushing for less noise particularly from the visitors side.    ???
[/quote]
Wow. You just made my day. I'm picking myself up from the floor after that one.

[quote name="Buck2Hands" post="1099908" timestamp="1319998579"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Football is an emotional and intense game...You are supposed to make racket,go half nuts and yell things you wouldn't want your Mother to find out about... If you need a quieter sport take up GOLF but leave our football alone ...I guess we could all just hold up signs instead of yelling.... ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1099916" timestamp="1319998826"]
[quote author=Buck2Hands link=topic=90679.msg1099908#msg1099908 date=1319998579]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Wow. You just made my day. I'm picking myself up from the floor after that one.
[/quote]

How about this "Illusion Foot Ball?  ;D

I think all parents should just keep their children home and away from all contact with other children.  They should never be allowed outside to play, either.  They should be kept inside furniture-less, padded rooms.  That way, there's no risk of injury at all.

All kidding aside, I have a friend whose son broke an arm playing little league baseball.  And another whose son got a concussion falling on the gym floor.  Injuries happen off the football field all the time.  Kids are accidents just looking for a place to happen.

[quote name="LilBobcatMom" post="1100114" timestamp="1320014871"]
I think all parents should just keep their children home and away from all contact with other children.  They should never be allowed outside to play, either.  They should be kept inside furniture-less, padded rooms.  That way, there's no risk of injury at all.

All kidding aside, I have a friend whose son broke an arm playing little league baseball.  And another whose son got a concussion falling on the gym floor.  Injuries happen off the football field all the time.  Kids are accidents just looking for a place to happen.
[/quote]

Good post.

[/quote]

OK I know that I must be wrong about this "no contact football" and many of you are very censer about the sport that you love. So lets play some football!!!!!!! ;D LMAO

[quote name="Buck2Hands" post="1100197" timestamp="1320020158"]
OK I know that I must be wrong about this "no contact football" and many of you are very censer about the sport that you love. So lets play some football!!!!!!! ;D LMAO
[/quote] 
what??? :-\

[quote name="MEM" post="1100213" timestamp="1320021338"]
[quote author=Buck2Hands link=topic=90679.msg1100197#msg1100197 date=1320020158]
[/quote] 
what??? :-\
[/quote]

I am jerking u-alls chain. ;D

[/quote]

Ever seen Surrogates??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder