WEST ORANGE-STARK VS. SILSBEE BROADCAST/WOS WINS 24-13!!!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="One4All" post="1098378" timestamp="1319859565"]
[quote author=bdm06 link=topic=90557.msg1098221#msg1098221 date=1319857372]
Not only did we win against a decent silsbee team [b]we won against their refs too[/b].
[/quote] that's what I heard also......
[/quote]

I am not sure how far on the track you have to get tackled for it to be a penalty but a WOS player has his imprint on the track.  I guess he would have had to have been tackled in the concession stand to get a flag....of course it would it to be discussed at length. 

WOS Chain Gang Defense stepped up in the 2nd half, virtually shutting down the Tigers. The 3rd quarter was purely dominant by the Mustang defense. Silsbee only had 6 offensive plays in that quarter, gaining a minus 2 yards. Silsbee had a -16 yards rushing in the second half after gaining 100 yards in the first half. Silsbee did throw for 200 yards for the game, ending with a total of 284 yards of offense.

WOS's offense finally decided to go to the run game after their first two offensive possessions were 3 and outs, and it paid off dearly. Mustangs rushed for over 250 yards, exploiting the Tiger's defense in the middle, with Lindsey and Salter having very good games on the ground. Salter did pass for 95 yards and a TD. Silsbee's defense just wore down in the second half.

Silsbee's offense relied on the big play tonight and had it not been for 4 big plays, the Tiger offense would have been shut out. Just too much speed on that Mustang D.

It should also be noted that penalties killed the Mustangs tonight. Had it not been for some very untimely penalties on WOS, the Mustangs probably win this game by 3-4 TD's.

Congrats WOS on a very good game and win. You were clearly the better team. Congrats on your district championship.

Silsbee, keep your head up. Got one game left and a win over Hamshire-Fannett will send you guys to the playoffs once again.

The mustangs are starting to click at the right time just like I hoped for! Dominant 2nd half by the stands! The offense showed up big tonight even with the penalties! Defense came out beasting in the 2nd half. Our defensive line was too much all night long and the silsbee dline was exploited in the middle all night! Was very impressed with the halftime adjustments by coach t! The game should have been about 40-13 but I'll take a solid 11 point win over a good silsbee team! Congrats to the mustang on yet another district 21-3a title!

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1098418" timestamp="1319860210"]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=90557.msg1098378#msg1098378 date=1319859565]
[quote author=bdm06 link=topic=90557.msg1098221#msg1098221 date=1319857372]
Not only did we win against a decent silsbee team [b]we won against their refs too[/b].
[/quote] that's what I heard also......
[/quote]

I am not sure how far on the track you have to get tackled for it to be a penalty but a WOS player has his imprint on the track.  I guess he would have had to have been tackled in the concession stand to get a flag....of course it would it to be discussed at length.
[/quote]

I didn't know a defender wasn't allowed to make a play on the ball also. The pass interference call on wos was terrible he was CLEARLY turned looking to make a play on the ball. And what was up with the blocked field goal. First call it a touchdown then take it back. The rule is you can't advance a blocked kick if im not mistaken. Our player clearly caught the ball in the air off of a silsbee defender IN the endzone. No need to advance when you are already in the endzone. This list could go on and on. IMO the silsbee refs gave a better fight than the tigers.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1098464" timestamp="1319861107"]
WOS Chain Gang Defense stepped up in the 2nd half, virtually shutting down the Tigers. The 3rd quarter was purely dominant by the Mustang defense. Silsbee only had 6 offensive plays in that quarter, gaining a minus 2 yards. Silsbee had a -16 yards rushing in the second half after gaining 100 yards in the first half. Silsbee did throw for 200 yards for the game, ending with a total of 284 yards of offense.

WOS's offense finally decided to go to the run game after their first two offensive possessions were 3 and outs, and it paid off dearly. Mustangs rushed for over 250 yards, exploiting the Tiger's defense in the middle, with Lindsey and Salter having very good games on the ground. Salter did pass for 95 yards and a TD. Silsbee's defense just wore down in the second half.

Silsbee's offense relied on the big play tonight and had it not been for 4 big plays, the Tiger offense would have been shut out. Just too much speed on that Mustang D.

It should also be noted that penalties killed the Mustangs tonight. Had it not been for some very untimely penalties on WOS, the Mustangs probably win this game by 3-4 TD's.

Congrats WOS on a very good game and win. You were clearly the better team. Congrats on your district championship.

Silsbee, keep your head up. Got one game left and a win over Hamshire-Fannett will send you guys to the playoffs once again.
[/quote]

Classy post!

[quote name="Judex" post="1098536" timestamp="1319862704"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90557.msg1098464#msg1098464 date=1319861107]

[/quote]

Classy post!
[/quote]

I agree, very objective post AAW.

I don't know what refs you saw, but I know they missed some pretty big calls that should have gone for silsbee. Maybe I wasn't paying attention to the ones your talking about but I saw pass interferences called correctly and the right call on the field goal block. You won so why worry about the refs? WOS has a good team, they just lack discipline.

[quote name="stigers12" post="1098641" timestamp="1319866906"]
I don't know what refs you saw, but I know they missed some pretty big calls that should have gone for silsbee. Maybe I wasn't paying attention to the ones your talking about but I saw pass interferences called correctly and the right call on the field goal block. You won so why worry about the refs? WOS has a good team, they just lack discipline.
[/quote]

Lack discipline? What game where you at? We ARE discipline. Silsbee was dominated because of the discipline that we have. If not for the most horrid officiating I hqve ever seen in my life, it would have been a blowout. Now, saying that to you, I appreciate AAW's very objective and classy post. I am proud to beat a good team like silsbee. Looks like this district run will help us in the playoffs finally, we hqve played very hard every game to win. Not just run over 7 teams in a row. It creates determination and yes, DISCIPLINE.

Just some quick stats:

1  2  3  4    T
WO-S        7  7  7  3  24
Silsbee      7  6  0  0  13
[b]Silsbee[/b]                            [b]WO-S[/b]
[u]Passing[/u]
Reed    5-12-144-2-1          Salter  12-21-138-1-1
Drake  4-10- 50
[u]Rushing[/u]
Reed        10-73                  Lindsey  28-180
Spearman  6-17                  Slater    11-51  2TD
Gaines      3-11
Drake        3- -15
Elers          1- -2
  23-84  3.6 ypr                  39-231  5.9 ypr
[u]Receiving[/u]
Spearman  2-52 TD              Ledet  6-69  TD
Holmes      2-52                    Rhodes 2-36
Drake        1-36 TD              Colbert  2-22
Gaines      2-15                    Sonnier 1-13
Turk          1-14                    Lindsey  1- -2
Garcia      1-25
        12              First Downs        19
        6-28 avg.    Punts              4-33.5 avg.
          1              Turnover(s)          1
      4-25 25%    3rd Down        5-13 38%
      1-2  50%    4th Down        1-2  50%
      1-2              PAT                3-3
      0-0              FG                  1-1
      5-48            Penalties          8-78
      21:06          TOP                26:54

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member