LIVINGSTON VS. BEAUMONT OZEN/Ozen says NOT SO FAST!!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From an outsider looking in it was a awful game.Mishandled kick-offs,bad snaps,motion penalties,bad tackling,poor passing and some of the worst kicking/punting I've ever seen,both ways.I was asked by a Liv fan that knows me if I'd seen Vidor play?Yes I said.Do you think we can beat Vidor he asked.I said No before the half.Oh they never called out the split da pot ticket so buyer beware.And Ozen could have scored again near the goal but took a knee to win.Could be a bad mistake by points toward a playoff spot.What the heck,coach???

[quote name="liltex" post="1091586" timestamp="1319338318"]
From an outsider looking in it was a awful game.Mishandled kick-offs,bad snaps,motion penalties,bad tackling,poor passing and some of the worst kicking/punting I've ever seen,both ways.I was asked by a Liv fan that knows me if I'd seen Vidor play?Yes I said.Do you think we can beat Vidor he asked.I said No before the half.Oh they never called out the split da pot ticket so buyer beware.And Ozen could have scored again near the goal but took a knee to win.Could be a bad mistake by points toward a playoff spot.What the heck,coach???
[/quote]

Actually, he was just trying to seal the win. 

If Ozen scores and gets the xtra point, they then lead 36-28 and Livingston gets one more shot with the ball.  If Livingston is able to score and hit a 2 pt conversion, they tie things up and they go to overtime leaving Ozen with the possibility of losing and facing a big uphill battle for a playoff spot.  Don't want to risk getting a win over a tiebreaker that may never happen.

[quote name="liltex" post="1091586" timestamp="1319338318"]
[/quote]
I won split the pot...we smoked it up!!! lol ;D

As I said, I didn't know about this one. I really hate that I have so much insight about this team. And have to watch these kids play so hard and lose because the coaches are determine not to fix their problem on defense.  This team defense is playing 9 against 11 and it's a shame they have the players to fix it but for some reason the coaches refuse to do so. Even without fixing the problem they will win their next game, but Vidor will give them a beat down if they still refuse to fix the problem. Hat off to Ozen players and coaches, they worked on Livingston's weekness and got a well deserved victory. 

I watched the game last night. It looked like ozen wanted it a lot more to me than did liv. I think liv only had 3 or 4 first downs in the second half.. they just ain't the same team without mays. He was averaging 10 yards a carry and yes I think that makes a big difference! Without that important weapon they just look horrible. Their qb was in all kind of trouble in the second half, nothing went their way. Great game by ozen mr playmaker jones slashed their defense to pieces. Last two weeks will be real interesting!

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1091794" timestamp="1319370987"]
I watched the game last night. It looked like ozen wanted it a lot more to me than did liv. I think liv only had 3 or 4 first downs in the second half.. they just ain't the same team without mays. He was averaging 10 yards a carry and yes I think that makes a big difference! Without that important weapon they just look horrible. Their qb was in all kind of trouble in the second half, nothing went their way. Great game by ozen mr playmaker jones slashed their defense to pieces. Last two weeks will be real interesting!
[/quote]

I haven't followed his injury, so is Mays out for the season or coming back?

[quote name="maverick" post="1092008" timestamp="1319392363"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=90258.msg1091794#msg1091794 date=1319370987]
[/quote]

I haven't followed his injury, so is Mays out for the season or coming back?
[/quote]He' out for the season, unless a miracle happens?

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1091794" timestamp="1319370987"]
[/quote]I'm wondering if we can even make the playoffs now, but there will be a lot of pressure on the lions coaches this week, but it's their own fault.

Went to this game last night to get my daily dose of mosquito bites.  Geez BISD, don't one of your locals have a crop duster???????? 

As for the game, well I have seen worse teams, not sure who they were, but I am sure there are two somewhere.  What a joke 20-4A is turning out to be.  Nederland is your only hope of not getting swept the 1st round, and I am not so sure that's a lock.  Neither of these teams have a defense and the offenses wer not much better.  I realize Livingston has their star running back out, but come on.  As for Ozen, well the have athletes but until someone teaches a center to snap and a line not to jump offsides, good luck.

Got two weeks for 4 teams to get it together.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1092323" timestamp="1319415159"]
Went to this game last night to get my daily dose of mosquito bites.  Geez BISD, don't one of your locals have a crop duster???????? 

As for the game, well I have seen worse teams, not sure who they were, but I am sure there are two somewhere.  [b]What a joke 20-4A is turning out to be.  Nederland is your only hope of not getting swept the 1st round, and I am not so sure that's a lock.[/b]  Neither of these teams have a defense and the offenses wer not much better.  I realize Livingston has their star running back out, but come on.  As for Ozen, well the have athletes but until someone teaches a center to snap and a line not to jump offsides, good luck.

[/quote]

Head to head 19-4a leads 3 games to 2, including BH's 3 point win in OT and Crosby's 1 point win over PNG.  Congrats to BH for beating winless Lumberton by 18. 

20-4a wins include Nederland by 18 over GCM and LCM over GCM.  LCM is currently 7th place in district and beat your 3rd place team by 12 points early in the year.

How can you say 20-4a is a joke?  That's a legit question, I'm just trying to figure out your logic.

[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=90258.msg1092373#msg1092373
How can you say 20-4a is a joke?  That's a legit question, I'm just trying to figure out your [b]logic.[/b]
[/quote]

There is your confusion, PM.  You are assuming that logic is being used.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1092373" timestamp="1319417717"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=90258.msg1092323#msg1092323 date=1319415159]

As for the game, well I have seen worse teams, not sure who they were, but I am sure there are two somewhere.  [b]What a joke 20-4A is turning out to be.  Nederland is your only hope of not getting swept the 1st round, and I am not so sure that's a lock.[/b]  Neither of these teams have a defense and the offenses wer not much better.  I realize Livingston has their star running back out, but come on.  As for Ozen, well the have athletes but until someone teaches a center to snap and a line not to jump offsides, good luck.

[/quote]

Head to head 19-4a leads 3 games to 2, including BH's 3 point win in OT and Crosby's 1 point win over PNG.  Congrats to BH for beating winless Lumberton by 18. 

20-4a wins include Nederland by 18 over GCM and LCM over GCM.  LCM is currently 7th place in district and beat your 3rd place team by 12 points early in the year.

How can you say 20-4a is a joke?  That's a legit question, I'm just trying to figure out your logic.
[/quote]

I watch a LOT of high school football and it's not hard to see the clear differences in team tallent between these teams. Just like when you watch a good team and a state championship team.........BIG difference.  As for your point diffrential comparisons, those were all early season scores.  BH beat Nederland and really didn't show it's offense during that game.  BH is a better team than Nederland saw, as is Crosby, GCM, and Lee.  19-4A is much better week 8 and some of the teams in 20-4A are far worse (Livingston especially).   

You will see what happens in the first round.  20-4A will be lucky to win one game. 

Most importantly, I am NEVER wrong!  ;D

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="bh89-2" post="1092397" timestamp="1319419091"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=90258.msg1092373#msg1092373 date=1319417717]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=90258.msg1092323#msg1092323 date=1319415159]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I watch a LOT of high school football and it's not hard to see the clear differences in team tallent between these teams. Just like when you watch a good team and a state championship team.........BIG difference.  As for your point diffrential comparisons, those were all early season scores.  BH beat Nederland and really didn't show it's offense during that game.  BH is a better team than Nederland saw, as is Crosby, GCM, and Lee.  19-4A is much better week 8 and some of the teams in 20-4A are far worse (Livingston especially).   

You will see what happens in the first round.  20-4A will be lucky to win one game. 

Most importantly, I am NEVER wrong!  ;D
[/quote]
You haven't figured in that PNG is better than they were when they lost to Crosby by 1 point and Crosby has had a few hickups. Nederland is also better than they were when they faced BH. I mean shutting out two teams and holding them to less than a hundred yards in the game is saying something right there. I believe that if BH and Nederland faced again then it would be a different story but we may never know that. And you also gotta remember you haven't faced Ozen or Vidor either. And those are two very good teams.

livingston coaches need to find away to change the pace of a game especially when teams r shutting down the run. liv is not a passing team but i think there r some things coaches can do to help this team that is really missing bull mays. i would like to see a hurry up or no huddle offense to help change the pace  of a close game. maybe even put #4 at qb and #14 at running back at certain times of the game

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin