Lumberton vs Central

I don't think Mitchell being back really makes a difference for Central... it was said that Central was a different offense, after coming off a narrow win with LCM... then they played Nederland and 42 points later... the biggest difference between Central and Lumberton is the amount of fire each team has... Lumberton still appears to be somewhat fired up and is playing with some unity. You let them stay in the game long enough and they can be a problem. Central on the other hand appears dead and disengaged. There's no intensity or unity.  I don't think it's lack of athleticism, but discipline... and that blame falls on the coaching staff. Depending on what Ozen does tonight, BISD might need to consider cleaning house at a few campuses. After listening to some responses from the West Brook fans, they might would like their house cleaned, as well.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Yes Mitchell played last night and although he did look good he didn't look completely healed. He looked sluggish and like he was kinda scared to run. Idk if that was cuz he was still hurting or what but thats just my opinion. Lumberton still has that fighting spirit and is looking for that first win so i take Lumberton on this one.

Fan support is not an issue.  Fans show up for both programs I know this for sure.  West Brook have kept the same coaching staff since Stump's arrival.  Central's coaching staff have changed a lot since Stowers left in 2008, and have steadily seen a decline since then till what you see now. 

[quote name="baddog" post="1092881" timestamp="1319474535"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=90257.msg1092628#msg1092628 date=1319456426]
We'll find a way to make this a struggle. 

Central - 24

L-train - 27
[/quote]

You picked against your own team?  ::)
[/quote]Yep.  2nd week in a row.  Why the eye roll? 

The L-train is due for a win!!!! Their defense played pretty good against Nederland and made some hard hits. If they can get their O working they can pull this one off. Lumberton fans have got to get behing their team even if they are not having a good season. I was hurt to see so few of fans in the stands and after half time even more empty seats. Fans are use to hearing that dang train horn and i mabe heard it 2 times Friday night. Fill the tanks up and let her rip show them boys they have support.

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1093093" timestamp="1319487803"]
If Central can eliminate the fumbles and receivers can hang onto the ball, I believe that Mitchell being back at QB gives the edge to the Jags.
[/quote]Our recievers drop every pass thrown at them.  They've done it all year.  they've done it with playoff hopes on the line, in big rivalry games, after halftime all the time.  What makes this meaningless game any different.  Mitchell back will help, but the other teams know that Mitchell is all we have and they'll all be watching him. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1093031" timestamp="1319483996"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=90257.msg1092881#msg1092881 date=1319474535]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=90257.msg1092628#msg1092628 date=1319456426]

Central - 24

L-train - 27
[/quote]

[/quote]

The eye roll is because I could not believe you picked against your team. I don't care how bad things get, I still believe we can win.

I'm praying that we can beat Lumberton.  That we are not the team that they get their lone win against.  This is the last chance for another W this year cause PN-G will beat us next week. 

Regardless of what happens, Coach Washington has a 2nd place and 1st place finish in his first 2 years.  This his 3rd year will not end with a playoff birth.  I hope he is given another year just cause he has been around the school for a long time.  But I will say he needs to bring in some new, fresh, young blood for the OC and DC positions for next year.  Not knocking any of the other schools but too much athletic talent there not to be a playoff team every year.

Central gets the W in this one.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1093031" timestamp="1319483996"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=90257.msg1092881#msg1092881 date=1319474535]

Central - 24

L-train - 27
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh man, you ranking BH has really got you messed up......... ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder