HARDIN-JEFFERSON VS. SILSBEE BROADCAST/SILSBEE WINS 54-7!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ATEEL07" post="1090508" timestamp="1319257912"]
Mike is it still possible for Silsbee to win district? If so what would have to happen?
[/quote]

For an outright district championship, Silsbee needs to win out and have BC lose to HF or Orangefield, WOS to lose to HJ.

Lot's of other scenarios for co or tri champs. Silsbee has to beat WOS in all scenarios to get a piece of the district championship.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1090516" timestamp="1319258169"]
[quote author=ATEEL07 link=topic=90169.msg1090508#msg1090508 date=1319257912]
Mike is it still possible for Silsbee to win district? If so what would have to happen?
[/quote]

For an outright district championship, Silsbee needs to win out and have BC lose to HF or Orangefield, WOS to lose to HJ.

Lot's of other scenarios for co or tri champs. Silsbee has to beat WOS in all scenarios to get a piece of the district championship. I see so what if silsbee wins out and BC loses another game does that give them the championship since they would hold the head to head against wo-s
[/quote]

[quote name="ATEEL07" post="1090523" timestamp="1319258488"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90169.msg1090516#msg1090516 date=1319258169]
[/quote]

Lot's of other scenarios for co or tri champs. Silsbee has to beat WOS in all scenarios to get a piece of the district championship. I see so what if silsbee wins out and BC loses another game does that give them the championship since they would hold the head to head against wo-s
[/quote]
[/quote]

If Silsbee and WOS finish tied at 4-1, it's still considered a co-championship even with Silsbee winning the head to head.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1090528" timestamp="1319258580"]
[quote author=ATEEL07 link=topic=90169.msg1090523#msg1090523 date=1319258488]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90169.msg1090516#msg1090516 date=1319258169]
[/quote] so pretty much an outright district championship is not gonna because west orange will not lose to HJ

[/quote]
[/quote]

If Silsbee and WOS finish tied at 4-1, it's still considered a co-championship even with Silsbee winning the head to head.
[/quote]

Just some quick stats:
            1  2  3  4  T
H-J        0  0  0  7  7
Silsbee  14  20  7  13  54

[b]Silsbee [/b]                    [b] H-J[/b]
[u]Passing[/u]
Drake  10-13-195-5-0    Gieseke 13-20-177-1-2
[u]Rushing[/u]
Scott      6-75  2TD      Taylor  9-56
Ellers        2-56    TD    Richard 9-29
Turk        4-43            Vennoy  2-20
Brydson    11-42          Lively    1-8
Drake      2-31            Walker  1- -8
Spearman 5-26            Gieseke 7- -19
Gaines      2-4
  32-277  8.7 ypr          29-86  2.9 ypr
[u]Recieving[/u]
Turk        4-53 2TD      Richard  4-103 TD
Gaines    2-78 2TD      Vennoy  5-48
Holmes    2-45  TD        Martel    2-20
Spearman 1-13            Lively    1-3
Brydson    1-6              Taylor    1-3

18        First Down      9
  2-50 25 avj  Punts        3-75  25 avj
      3-8        3rd Down      2-9
      2-3        4th Down        0-4
      6-8          PAT            1-1
        1            TOD            2
      20:41        TOP          27:19
[i]INT[/i] 
Keefer, Jenkins

Guest speechless
[quote]Seems that is all that matters over there, which is pretty sad.[/quote]

Another example of you popping off about things that you have no idea.

Kind of crappy for a "moderator" to come on here and make comments like that about another school when that "moderator" has absolutely NO CLUE what goes on at that school.

PITIFUL!

[quote name="speechless" post="1091256" timestamp="1319324301"]
[quote]Seems that is all that matters over there, which is pretty sad.[/quote]

Another example of you popping off about things that you have no idea.

Kind of crappy for a "moderator" to come on here and make comments like that about another school when that "moderator" has absolutely NO CLUE what goes on at that school.

PITIFUL!
[/quote]It appears more to me that he was commenting to the individuals from HJ that was coming on a football forum to talk nothing but basketball. Thats pretty crappy.

Guest speechless
I agree the comments regarding basketball were unnecessary but, what does his accusation of "that's all that seems to matter over there" have to do with anything?

That is an uneducated and inappropriate statement directed toward the school, coaches, players, administration, and fans.....and most importantly....not true AT ALL!

His comment about HJ's crowd which is what started it all was not necessary.  He was taking a shot at the number of people showing up to a game which has nothing to do with whether or not a sport "matters" or someone "caring about it" The bottom line is....when you are winning people will show up and when you are not they don't.  It would be that way if Silsbee was 1-7, if Newton was 1-7, if anybody was 1-7.  Why bring it up?  I have never seen him speak on Bridge City's crowds at a basketball game. 

[quote name="mactiger" post="1092224" timestamp="1319407876"]
I wasn't impressed with the number of fans on Silsbee's side either.  Where was everyone?  Lots of empty seats on both sides of the stadium.
[/quote]Hey Mac I have a new mascot that would just love to have one of those seats. ;D

[quote name="speechless" post="1092181" timestamp="1319405832"]
I agree the comments regarding basketball were unnecessary but, what does his accusation of "that's all that seems to matter over there" have to do with anything?

That is an uneducated and inappropriate statement directed toward the school, coaches, players, administration, and fans.....and most importantly....not true AT ALL!

His comment about HJ's crowd which is what started it all was not necessary.  He was taking a shot at the number of people showing up to a game which has nothing to do with whether or not a sport "matters" or someone "caring about it" The bottom line is....when you are winning people will show up and when you are not they don't.  It would be that way if Silsbee was 1-7, if Newton was 1-7, if anybody was 1-7.  Why bring it up?  I have never seen him speak on Bridge City's crowds at a basketball game.
[/quote]I dont know Speechless. I was just reading the posts and took the comments that he was pointing his comment towards the ones that were posting about basketball. So im not sure . but the other part must have happend on his broadcast cause i didnt see this on here. But the croud on silsbees side was very small Im not sure what was going on but it musta been good cause a lot of people wasnt there. I was there And we met with freinds from HJ and took pics after the game we really enjoyed seeing them again.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1090515" timestamp="1319258134"]
You work with what talent you have.  HJ is not that deep in talent.  From what I hear they have a few Freshman playing on Varsity.  Tough when 14 year olds are playing against 17-18 year olds.

[/quote]
As far as Freshman are concerned, these boys belong. They have proven it. The Silsbee announcer acknowledged it Friday night that #54 was working hard for the Hawks. 9 tackles is not 2 shabby for a freshman defensive end, especially against a team like Big Bad Silsbee... There are only 2 freshman on that HJ team and both have proven they can play with the Big Boys. Our other Freshman made the only touchdown we scored against Bridge City and it wasnt an easy td, he had to fight to get in. He was also HJ's player of the week against Fannett with 6 tackles, the only TD, and 2 pancake blocks. I can think of 3 other freshman that I would bring up and thats not counting the injured one, that is probably the best freshman of all. Don't blame it on the freshman, thats not where the problem lies...

Guest speechless
He wasn't blaming it on the freshmen...he was saying that HJ is fairly young this year and the bottom line is that 14 year olds are rarely going to line up and beat 17-18 year olds in football

[quote name="speechless" post="1092856" timestamp="1319473452"]
He wasn't blaming it on the freshmen...[color=blue]he was saying that HJ is fairly young this year[/color] and the bottom line is that 14 year olds are rarely going to line up and beat 17-18 year olds in football
[/quote]

Love ya, Lazeek, but that was def a better way to say what you were trying to say. ;)  (I get a little protective of some of those kids that I helped raise!)

Guest speechless
Poppa,

You gotta understand, he makes comments like that without having any clue as to what may or may not be the problem.  He has no idea whether or not HJ football should be that bad but, it just sounded like the thing to say. 

[quote name="speechless" post="1092991" timestamp="1319481620"]
Poppa,

You gotta understand, he makes comments like that without having any clue as to what may or may not be the problem.  He has no idea whether or not HJ football should be that bad but, it just sounded like the thing to say.
[/quote]

Birds (Hawks) sing to me, regardless of what you think. ;)

[quote name="speechless" post="1093089" timestamp="1319487505"]
Your own "birds" won't sing to you....and you believe everything you hear?
[/quote]

I have no reason not to believe what certain people tell me.

I know and feel I have a good working relationship with the Silsbee coaching staff, that's all that matters to me.

[quote name="SportzMom" post="1092890" timestamp="1319475748"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=90169.msg1092856#msg1092856 date=1319473452]
He wasn't blaming it on the freshmen...[color=blue]he was saying that HJ is fairly young this year[/color] and the bottom line is that 14 year olds are rarely going to line up and beat 17-18 year olds in football
[/quote]

Love ya, Lazeek, but that was def a better way to say what you were trying to say. ;)  (I get a little protective of some of those kids that I helped raise!)
[/quote]

No, I meant what I said.  It is tough for Freshman to compete with Seniors!!!!!  Nothing more and nothing less!!!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1093096" timestamp="1319487875"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=90169.msg1093089#msg1093089 date=1319487505]
Your own "birds" won't sing to you....and you believe everything you hear?
[/quote]

I have no reason not to believe what certain people tell me.

I know and feel I have a good working relationship with the Silsbee coaching staff, that's all that matters to me.
[/quote]

I bet you got [b][size=18pt]plenty[/size][/b] of "birds" with those kinda comments  ;)  :D. When they are at the game they stay until it is over, which is more than I can say for many schools.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1090507" timestamp="1319257880"]
There is no reason for HJ to be this bad in football. They are actually worse than what BC is in basketball.
[/quote]

This is the comment that I believe you received the most "birds" for just in case you were wondering.... >:(  Your comment was unsolicited and uncalled for IMHO. But hey, I will take the high road.

Like it or not, Coach will get them back in the hunt.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine