WEEK 8 POLL - Fan Poll 4A

Cougtalk

Week 8 Results
[table]
[tr][td]Ranks[/td][td]  [/td][td]Team Name[/td][td]  [/td][td]FPV[/td][td]  [/td][td]Adjusted Score [/td][td]  [/td][td]Comments[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1.[/td][td]  [/td][td]Barbers Hill[/td][td]  [/td][td](6)[/td][td]  [/td][td][center]4[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]2.[/td][td]  [/td][td]Nederland[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][center]8[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]3.[/td][td]  [/td][td]Livingston[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][center]12[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]4.[/td][td]  [/td][td]Vidor [/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][center]16[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]5.[/td][td]  [/td][td]Crosby[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][center]20[/td][td]  [/td][td](not unanimous)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]6.[/td][td]  [/td][td]Goose Creek Memorial[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][center]25[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]7.[/td][td]  [/td][td]Dayton[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][center]29[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]8.[/td][td]  [/td][td]Port Neches-Groves[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][center]30[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]9.[/td][td]  [/td][td]Beaumont Ozen[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][center]36[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]10.[/td][td]  [/td][td]Little Cypress-Mauriceville[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][center]38[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]11.[/td][td]  [/td][td]Galena Park[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][center]48[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]12.[/td][td]  [/td][td]C.E. King[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][center]51[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]13.[/td][td]  [/td][td]Baytown Lee[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][center]53[/td][td]  [/td][td]Wins on Total Points[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]14.[/td][td]  [/td][td]North Forest[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][center]53[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]15.[/td][td]  [/td][td]Beaumont Central[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][center]55[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]16.[/td][td]  [/td][td]Lumberton[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td][center]64[/td][td]  [/td][td][/td][/tr][/table] 

That's this weeks poll
Still looking for representatives from none represented schools
Central/Lumberton/Lee/North Forest/Galena park/ LCM/ PNG/ Nederland/ Ozen

Check again Mel Kyper, they are 13 while LCM is 10, change the batteries in your calculator... wait, let me mispell a couple of words then you can rag me over that like the rest of the English majors on this board.  Maybe you were watching Longhorn volleyball while you posted and got a little distracted, understandable.

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1086679" timestamp="1318914873"]
Check again Mel Kyper, they are 13 while LCM is 10, change the batteries in your calculator... wait, let me mispell a couple of words then you can rag me over that like the rest of the English majors on this board.  Maybe you were watching Longhorn volleyball while you posted and got a little distracted, understandable.
[/quote]

I am talking about the actual poll that Cougtalk posted that 6 others voted on.

Wasn't talking about your own personal poll.

But, Central did beat LCM just a week ago. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1086682" timestamp="1318915696"]
[quote author=Brubaker link=topic=90031.msg1086679#msg1086679 date=1318914873]
[/quote]

I am talking about the actual poll that Cougtalk posted that 6 others voted on.

Wasn't talking about your own personal poll.

[b]But, Central did beat LCM just a week ago[/b]. ;)
[/quote]

The term 'Blind Hog' comes to mind.  ;D ;D

If it's the Hill, I can see them with the same fate we had a couple years back...11-0 going in...Basketball Season going out. Their defense will put up a good fight against you guys like we did in '09, but as I have stated before on these sites, you can't beat Brenham, Manvel, Lamarque etc., running the Slot T, or one of the bone offenses! Gotta be diverse. When was the last time one of those offenses won a 4A or 5A State Title or even made to the title game for that matter?? Probably early 90's when BH coach was with Lewisville. Times and athletes have changed!

Wowzer... if someone actually wants into the poll let me know via pm, however... i just don't get PNG Ahead of Crosby, and i definitely don't get them ahead of Vidor.

GCM/Crosby seems to be the fight for 5th and png is a solid 7th but its whatever.

My poll week 8.
1. Barbers Hill 7-0 (4-0) W- Lee/NF/Dayton/Nederland/Lumberton/C.E. King
2. Nederland 6-1 (3-0) W- Livingston/PNG/Vidor/GCM/Central L- BH
3. Livingston 6-1 (3-1) W-PNG/Central/Lumberton L-Nederland
4. Vidor 6-1 (2-1) W- Lumberton/Ozen/LCM L- Nederland
5. Crosby 4-3 (3-1) W- NF/King/PNG/GP L- Lee
6. GC memorial 3-4 (3-1) W- GP/NF/Dayton L-King/Nederland/LCM
7. Port Neches-Groves 4-3 (1-2) W- Lumberton/ozen L- Crosby/Nederland/Livingston
8. Dayton 4-3 (2-2) W- GP/Lee L-BH/GCM
9. Beaumont Ozen 3-4 (2-2) W- Central/ LCM L- Vidor/PNG
10. Beaumont Central 2-5 (1-3) W- LCM L- Ozen/Livingston/Nederland
11. Little Cypress Mauriceville  4-3 (1-3) W-Lumberton/GCM L- Ozen/Central/Vidor
12. Baytown Lee 3-4 (1-3) W- Crosby, L-Dayton/BH/NF
13. North Forest 3-4 (1-3) W-Lee L- BH/Crosby/GCM
14. Galena Park 3-4 (1-3) W- King/ L- Dayton/GCM/Crosby
15. C.E King 3-4 (1-3) W- GCM L- GP/Crosby/BH
16. Lumberton 0-7 (0-3) L- LCM/Vidor/PNG/BH/Nederland/Livingston

Those where my votes. I put Ozen in front of Central who's in front of LCM. But the poll simply didn't turn out that way.

I think Central is getting killed by 2 factors. 1) When they beat LCM we over valued that win, and 2) the POLLSTERS think they are done... and the farthest done i.e. no shot at playoffs. While Lee still has a shot at it. and LCM definitely still has some kind of shot at 4th place. but i agree that Central is better than their record shows.

As for Badndn keep it real when you go poll and rank with accomplishments your 15th ranked team beat your 7th ranked team and lost to your 16th ranked team... yet an 0-6 team is ahead of them? that makes 0 sense.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1087386" timestamp="1318991095"]
Wowzer... if someone actually wants into the poll let me know via pm, however... i just don't get PNG Ahead of Crosby, and i definitely don't get them ahead of Vidor.

GCM/Crosby seems to be the fight for 5th and png is a solid 7th but its whatever.

My poll week 8.
1. Barbers Hill 7-0 (4-0) W- Lee/NF/Dayton/Nederland/Lumberton/C.E. King
2. Nederland 6-1 (3-0) W- Livingston/PNG/Vidor/GCM/Central L- BH
3. Livingston 6-1 (3-1) W-PNG/Central/Lumberton L-Nederland
4. Vidor 6-1 (2-1) W- Lumberton/Ozen/LCM L- Nederland
5. Crosby 4-3 (3-1) W- NF/King/PNG/GP L- Lee
6. GC memorial 3-4 (3-1) W- GP/NF/Dayton L-King/Nederland/LCM
7. Port Neches-Groves 4-3 (1-2) W- Lumberton/ozen L- Crosby/Nederland/Livingston
8. Dayton 4-3 (2-2) W- GP/Lee L-BH/GCM
9. Beaumont Ozen 3-4 (2-2) W- Central/ LCM L- Vidor/PNG
10. Beaumont Central 2-5 (1-3) W- LCM L- Ozen/Livingston/Nederland
11. Little Cypress Mauriceville  4-3 (1-3) W-Lumberton/GCM L- Ozen/Central/Vidor
12. Baytown Lee 3-4 (1-3) W- Crosby, L-Dayton/BH/NF
13. North Forest 3-4 (1-3) W-Lee L- BH/Crosby/GCM
14. Galena Park 3-4 (1-3) W- King/ L- Dayton/GCM/Crosby
15. C.E King 3-4 (1-3) W- GCM L- GP/Crosby/BH
16. Lumberton 0-7 (0-3) L- LCM/Vidor/PNG/BH/Nederland/Livingston

Those where my votes. I put Ozen in front of Central who's in front of LCM. But the poll simply didn't turn out that way.

[b]I think Central is getting killed by 2 factors. 1) When they beat LCM we over valued that win, and 2) the POLLSTERS think they are done... and the farthest done i.e. no shot at playoffs. While Lee still has a shot at it. and LCM definitely still has some kind of shot at 4th place. but i agree that Central is better than their record shows.
[/b]
As for Badndn keep it real when you go poll and rank with accomplishments your 15th ranked team beat your 7th ranked team and lost to your 16th ranked team... yet an 0-6 team is ahead of them? that makes 0 sense.
[/quote]

So you actually think LCM has a better shot at the playoffs than Central? Hmmmmm...... interesting ::)

Central's remaining schedule:

Vidor     
@ Lumberton
PNG

LCM's remaining schedule:

PNG
@ Livingston
Nederland

I can see Central possibly winning two of the three remaining games (certainly at least one, Lumberton). LCM will lose all three of their remaining games.

Oh, and if both these teams were to win out (will not happen), Central would own the tie breaker between the two with their head to head win over LCM.

Neither of these teams will make the playoffs, but clearly Central has the better chance. For anyone not to see that, they have no reason to be voting in any poll. ;) ;D

OK CougTalk...PNG over Crosby for these reasons. Sure Crosby beat PNG by 1 point in Crosby, but Crosby also lost to a 2 win Lee team. PNG lost to Nederland by 3 and had a shot to win that one late, and lost to Livingston at Livingston and had a shot to tie that one late. Besides PNG, who else has Crosby beaten? A group of 1-3 district teams!

As far as us over Vidor, thats a toss up. Vidor has yet to play Livingston or us and beat Ozen on a last drive. They could be ahead of us and I wouldn't argue the point much.

Also I have issues with GCM being above most anyone in 20-4A. Just can't get past the loss to LCM and King. And yes I feel like our 0-7 team would beat many of 19-4A lower tier teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder