Kendrick King- Hamshire Fannett School

C'mon people, its time to give super major props to this young man for his exploits on the football field. Major talent! The kid is quick, fast, strong, durable, etc, etc, whew-www! I haven't seen a team stop him. I sometimes measure talent from the growth from the previous season. He gets better each season. Last night I saw Kendrick fake,  reverse his field, juke, slash, and slither the HJ's defense. On one play, it seemed like they should have dropped a flag on HJ's defense because all 11 players missed Kendrick [color=red]TWICE on ONE PLAY![/color] You would have thought HJ had 22 players on the field 8)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1082120" timestamp="1318602320"]
C'mon people, its time to give super major props to this young man for his exploits on the football field. Major talent! The kid is quick, fast, strong, durable, etc, etc, whew-www! I haven't seen a team stop him. I sometimes measure talent from the growth from the previous season. He gets better each season. Last night I saw Kendrick fake,  reverse his field, juke, slash, and slither the HJ's defense. On one play, it seemed like they should have dropped a flag on HJ's defense because all 11 players missed Kendrick [color=red]TWICE on ONE PLAY![/color] You would have thought HJ had 22 players on the field 8)
[/quote] I hear you DOVE I have been watching this young man myself and he is a great talent, I just hope HF can hold onto to him.

[quote name="HORNSFAN86" post="1082152" timestamp="1318604427"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=89786.msg1082120#msg1082120 date=1318602320]
[/quote] I hear you DOVE I have been watching this young man myself and he is a great talent, I just hope HF can hold onto to him.
[/quote]HF should be able to keep him.

My son is an 8th grader and he plays multiple sports versus King, so I've seen him in action. I can't help but give it up to this kid. He's good. Plain and simple.

The other nice thing I have to say is that in interactions on the field and track, my son has had nothing but good things to say about him and his attitude as well. Yes, King knows he's good, but he's not out of control arrogant. THAT is what I hope HF can keep.  :)

I have to agree, King is by far the most athletic kid on the field week in and week out. He can score at any moment of the game, esp. when we gets into space, kinda like that punt return. But not to take anything from how good he is, that group of kids is by far one of the best teams I have seen in a very long time. He gets alot of help from a big offensive line, some already weighing over 200#, and some really good players in the other skill positions. The defense on this team is no push-over either, with a huge D-line and a secondary that doesnt give up any big plays. The weakest point on defense is the line backers and that seems to get better each week. These boys play as a team and compliments each other. I think with the move to 2A next year with a return of a great rivalry between HF and EC, you will see alot of good football in the next few years!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="LongHornPride" post="1082420" timestamp="1318625692"]
I have to agree, King is by far the most athletic kid on the field week in and week out. He can score at any moment of the game, esp. when we gets into space, kinda like that punt return. But not to take anything from how good he is, that group of kids is by far one of the best teams I have seen in a very long time. He gets alot of help from a big offensive line, some already weighing over 200#, and some really good players in the other skill positions. The defense on this team is no push-over either, with a huge D-line and a secondary that doesnt give up any big plays. The weakest point on defense is the line backers and that seems to get better each week. These boys play as a team and compliments each other. [size=14pt]I think with the move to 2A next year with a return of a great rivalry between HF and EC, you will see alot of good football in the next few years!!!!![/size]
[/quote]

Where did you get this information? Can you provide a link or your source?

[quote name="LongHornPride" post="1082420" timestamp="1318625692"]
I have to agree, King is by far the most athletic kid on the field week in and week out. He can score at any moment of the game, esp. when we gets into space, kinda like that punt return. But not to take anything from how good he is, that group of kids is by far one of the best teams I have seen in a very long time. He gets alot of help from a big offensive line, some already weighing over 200#, and some really good players in the other skill positions. The defense on this team is no push-over either, with a huge D-line and a secondary that doesnt give up any big plays. The weakest point on defense is the line backers and that seems to get better each week. These boys play as a team and compliments each other. I think with the move to 2A next year with a return of a great rivalry between HF and EC, you will see alot of good football in the next few years!!!!!
[/quote]

HF turned in 533. Not going to get you into 2A...

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1093003" timestamp="1319482909"]
[quote author=LongHornPride link=topic=89786.msg1082420#msg1082420 date=1318625692]
[/quote]

HF turned in 533. Not going to get you into 2A...
[/quote] 531 official count

I read that under the high school forum >mock realignments....it is nothing set in stone but with relignments coming up this year and and enrollment number to go up for each classification it could happen...all rumors and just talk right now but i think it would be good for the school and the athletics dept...

[quote name="LongHornPride" post="1095843" timestamp="1319733673"]
I read that under the high school forum >mock realignments....it is nothing set in stone but with relignments coming up this year and and enrollment number to go up for each classification it could happen...all rumors and just talk right now but i think it would be good for the school and the athletics dept...
[/quote]Just talk

Guest Dovehunter25
Really.... Is this what it has come down to posting something like this has to have an alternative motive. Sure anyone can see watching HF Play 8th grade football against 3a schools which really but for Silsbee doesn't have any good teams that Kendrick is the best athlete on the field. But do you have to post it. What's your angle sOmething in it for you. How bout posting that the best true football player on that team is Kye Williams 34. What about defensively Kendrick plays center field and will not come up to fill a hole. If your going to start a thread how bout making it a team thread. Unless you want Ozen to read this and recruit. Why can't grown men just let KIDS play. Remember KARMA is A *****

[quote name="Dovehunter25" post="1096885" timestamp="1319807579"]
Really.... Is this what it has come down to posting something like this has to have an alternative motive. Sure anyone can see watching HF Play 8th grade football against 3a schools which really but for Silsbee doesn't have any good teams that Kendrick is the best athlete on the field. But do you have to post it. What's your angle sOmething in it for you. How bout posting that the best true football player on that team is Kye Williams 34. What about defensively Kendrick plays center field and will not come up to fill a hole. If your going to start a thread how bout making it a team thread. Unless you want Ozen to read this and recruit. Why can't grown men just let KIDS play. Remember KARMA is A *****
[/quote] Ouch! Misdirected anger I presume  ;) Alternative motive? NO! Oh, you're upset because you can't handle my honesty and truth about the situation. Well, let me give you more honesty since you want to start something. I could give a flying flip about 8th grade football because my kids are thru with the 8th grade football. I call it like I see it.

Here is another tip for you.  I can't remember the other running back's name (oh wait a minute while I make a quick call). Ah got it, Charles is his first name. Kid would be a beast at running back if they let him play. But thats another story.

Kendrick is a [color=red]dominant[/color] & special player. My comment does not take away anything from the other players. Last night against Bridge City (BC)on the opening kickoff, BC kicked the ball away from Kendrick (you saw this didn't you but you really didn't want to see it did you?) Guess what? On the very first play of the game, ol' twinkle toes ran for a 55+ yard touchdown. Okay maybe it was for 52 yards, my mistake. You saw this didn't you but you really didn't did you? Now, what really impressed me is when ol' twinkle toes played centerfield and (actually) CAUGHT the ball for an interception. I emphasize "caught" and a few true fans will understand my emphasis on "caught." The kid juked, faked, spinned, and ran the wrong way to the other end of the opponents one yard line, realized he ran the wrong way, reversed his field and juked, faked, spinned thru 11 players and at least 5 BC coaches for a 99 yard touchdown on an interception. You saw this didn't you- but you really didn't; did you?

HF's 8th grade football is a good team.

Now what else did you say? Oh yeah Ozen and that karma thing. That has nothing to do with the topic. This thread is/was about a very special football player on HF's 8th grade football team. And as a grown man, I haven't stopped any kid from playing but please don't try and put down a very talented player. It don't work. He's too talented

Well said Dove3.  I have also seen this kid play football since peewee and he is extraordinary!!! I do believe the same attitude was there too with not running him until the 3rd or 4th down to prove a poin that per say the whole team was good.......well noone disputes that it takes a team to win but if u have a player like this kid ot makes them exceptional instead of just good. Well maybe he should go to Ozen or Westbrook where his talents will get noticed and appreciated. We would love to have him in the bmt.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1096934" timestamp="1319810901"]
[quote author=Dovehunter25 link=topic=89786.msg1096885#msg1096885 date=1319807579]
[/quote] Ouch! Misdirected anger I presume  ;) Alternative motive? NO! Oh, you're upset because you can't handle my honesty and truth about the situation. Well, let me give you more honesty since you want to start something. I could give a flying flip about 8th grade football because my kids are thru with the 8th grade football. I call it like I see it.

Here is another tip for you.  I can't remember the other running back's name (oh wait a minute while I make a quick call). Ah got it, Charles is his first name. Kid would be a beast at running back if they let him play. But thats another story.

Kendrick is a [color=red]dominant[/color] & special player. My comment does not take away anything from the other players. Last night against Bridge City (BC)on the opening kickoff, BC kicked the ball away from Kendrick (you saw this didn't you but you really didn't want to see it did you?) Guess what? On the very first play of the game, ol' twinkle toes ran for a 55+ yard touchdown. Okay maybe it was for 52 yards, my mistake. You saw this didn't you but you really didn't did you? Now, what really impressed me is when ol' twinkle toes played centerfield and (actually) CAUGHT the ball for an interception. I emphasize "caught" and a few true fans will understand my emphasis on "caught." The kid juked, faked, spinned, and ran the wrong way to the other end of the opponents one yard line, realized he ran the wrong way, reversed his field and juked, faked, spinned thru 11 players and at least 5 BC coaches for a 99 yard touchdown on an interception. You saw this didn't you- but you really didn't; did you?

HF's 8th grade football is a good team.

Now what else did you say? Oh yeah Ozen and that karma thing. That has nothing to do with the topic. This thread is/was about a very special football player on HF's 8th grade football team. And as a grown man, I haven't stopped any kid from playing but please don't try and put down a very talented player. It don't work. He's too talented
[/quote]

Hey Dove, the truth hurts, my man. To many little johnny's on that team not getting enough recognition. Those of us unbiased observers appreciate the kids talents more than those who's children benefit from them.

Ill say it again, HF team without King is decent, King makes them great. If that truth stings to much then maybe your being a little to selfish.

For all the little johnny parents out there. Here is a hint to make you feel better. When you have a kid like Kendrick on your high school team, you better hope and pray your kid has put in the work when the opportunity comes. Guess what?  Scouts will be in the stands watching players like Kendrick. Guess what? If "little johnny" is truly ready, he will be seen by a college scout. So, don't beat the hand that may feed you.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1097237" timestamp="1319826003"]
For all the little johnny parents out there. Here is a hint to make you feel better. When you have a kid like Kendrick on your high school team, you better hope and pray your kid has put in the work when the opportunity comes. Guess what?  Scouts will be in the stands watching players like Kendrick. Guess what? If "little johnny" is truly ready, he will be seen by a college scout. So, don't beat the hand that may feed you.
[/quote]EXACTLY!!!!  Very true.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1097237" timestamp="1319826003"]
[/quote]

Sooooooo very true. Happens all of the time! In other words, don't hate... APPRECIATE!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder