What's wrong with WOS varsity? ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1078461" timestamp="1318203191"]
Don't believe any team in 21-3A would be close to taking Nederland to a 2 point conversion win at the buzzer.
[/quote]I believe Nederland is in 1st in 20-4a.

[quote name="77" post="1078480" timestamp="1318204386"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=89570.msg1078461#msg1078461 date=1318203191]
Don't believe any team in 21-3A would be close to taking Nederland to a 2 point conversion win at the buzzer.
[/quote]

I think that was a compliment to WOS.

[quote name="baddog" post="1078497" timestamp="1318206443"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=89570.msg1078480#msg1078480 date=1318204386]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=89570.msg1078461#msg1078461 date=1318203191]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think he was just completing what was said. I take it as a big compliment. The way Ned. Has played, just shows how good we CAN be. Right now it seems like we are a Jeckyl/Hyde team. Were playing to our opponents. That is not good. Hopefully last Friday was just a fluke and we will step it up.

[quote name="baddog" post="1078497" timestamp="1318206443"]
[/quote]

[/quote]Yes that is exactly how I meant it. Nederland is a quality team.

[quote name="kicker" post="1078505" timestamp="1318207430"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=89570.msg1078497#msg1078497 date=1318206443]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think he was just completing what was said. I take it as a big compliment. The way Ned. Has played, just shows how good we CAN be. Right now it seems like we are a Jeckyl/Hyde team. Were playing to our opponents. That is not good. Hopefully last Friday was just a fluke and we will step it up.
[/quote]

Not sure I agree, how do you think Orangefield, HJ, Ham-Fan, BC would fare against Nederland, Friendswood, and Giddings? Probably close to the OF-Coldspring results, unfortunately (that is why they don't schedule those type of schools). I don't think we played down against Kirbyville. GO back and look at past season, at least one close game. We can't always score 40-50 points. Mustang land should just calm down. We will be in the playoffs and have a good shot at winning the district. Shoot we are just a handful of plays from being undefeated. There are things to be worked on for sure. We need to stretch the defenses vertically, and I am very concerned that we have given up large passing plays playing man to man. However, those things can be fixed.

I don't see how anyone can look at the way our offense is playing and say we should calm down. Yes Nederland is good. Yes Nederland is 1st in their district. But the fact is, we should have won that game. Making  the playoffs? That used to be a no-brainer. Have we become content with just making the playoffs? I have never known W O S to be content with moral victories. If that's where we are, then something is definitely wrong. Imo, its on the offensive side of the ball. No consistency.

[/quote]

Not sure I agree, how do you think Orangefield, HJ, Ham-Fan, BC would fare against Nederland, Friendswood, and Giddings? Probably close to the OF-Coldspring results,
[/quote]

You guys can NEVER give any other team in the District any dibbs.  Friendswood is 2-5 so they are really not that stellar.  If I was WOS I would worry about getting through BC, Silsbee, and OF; I think you may just have your hands full with all 3.  Lord forbid you lose to all 3 and start your basketball season early.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="VNUPE" post="1078740" timestamp="1318244309"]
I don't see how anyone can look at the way our offense is playing and say we should calm down. Yes Nederland is good. Yes Nederland is 1st in their district. But the fact is, we should have won that game. Making  the playoffs? That used to be a no-brainer. Have we become content with just making the playoffs? I have never known W O S to be content with moral victories. If that's where we are, then something is definitely wrong. Imo, its on the offensive side of the ball. [size=10pt][u][b]No consistency[/b][/u][/size].
[/quote]
You nailed it right there. They just aren't consistent. They are a good team and have the potential to be a great team but its the little things like not playing with passion and questionable decisions by the coaches and lack a lil bit of defense that's making the problem. All those little things can add up and make it seem like WOS has a big problem but its just a few small things adding up. I think WOS will be fine. Those coaches will find a way to motivate those kids and they will be just fine. But still gotta watch out for those other teams. You never what may happen on a friday night in SETX!  8)

[quote name="Paratrooper" post="1078746" timestamp="1318245497"]

[/quote]

Not sure I agree, how do you think Orangefield, HJ, Ham-Fan, BC would fare against Nederland, Friendswood, and Giddings? Probably close to the OF-Coldspring results,
[/quote]

You guys can NEVER give any other team in the District any dibbs.  Friendswood is 2-5 so they are really not that stellar.  If I was WOS I would worry about getting through BC, Silsbee, and OF; I think you may just have your hands full with all 3.  Lord forbid you lose to all 3 and start your basketball season early.
[/quote]

We won't lose all three. Will they be tough games? Sure they will. AS far as giving dibs that is certainly NOT true. I respect them a lot. However, they DON"T play anywhere near the shedule we do. Are they capable of beating us, definately. Just being honest, do they beat us on a regular basis? I give kudos to them playing Coldspring and right now I don't think WOS beats Coldspring the way we are playing but we play them much closer.

By the way, you might not want to play us in basketball and baseball in the near future, we have a lot of talent coming up in the next couple of years.

im very surprise with the reaction of some of our mustang fans...were are 3-3 on the year and 1-0 in district...so the sky is not falling...of course we are having offensive issues...but what everyone needs to understand is change is never easy...we lost a coach who had been at wos for 30 years...u dont just replace someone like that overnight...cornel thompson is a great coach and i beleive he is the right man for the job of the mustang head coach right now.. but he is not dan hooks...that era is over..wonderful memories of that era but its over and we have to move on. if we just keep living in the past we will never see in the present and  what we have to work on right now...coach hooks had some pretty first tough years at wos too..my parents tell me how when we went 3-7 in 83 everyone was ready to run coach hooks out of town..but he persevered and thank goodness the school district didnt get rid of him...also new OC, toby was a great offensive coordinator but he has moved on to another school...regardless of the circumstances as to why he left..he is not at wos anymore and thats the bottom line..we have to move on also... i think, IMO, that the mustangs are just going thru some growing pains with all the changes...its unfortunate but we have to go thru them..how we respond to the pressure is what will decide if we are going to continue to be great or just become like any ordinary football team out there...give cornel thompson a chance to build on whats already a great program and give him a chance to  leave his own mark of greatness that we can be proud of when we look back in the years to come.

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1078881" timestamp="1318257351"]
WO-S is not going to beat every team they play 50 points...That's just the way it is...JMO..Good Luck on the rest of your season..
[/quote]

thats true..good luck to kville the rest of the season.. 8)

[quote name="WOS95" post="1078884" timestamp="1318257579"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=89570.msg1078881#msg1078881 date=1318257351]
WO-S is not going to beat every team they play 50 points...That's just the way it is...JMO..Good Luck on the rest of your season..
[/quote]

thats true..good luck to kville the rest of the season.. 8)
[/quote]

;)

[quote name="WOS95" post="1078875" timestamp="1318256903"]
im very surprise with the reaction of some of our mustang fans...were are 3-3 on the year and 1-0 in district...so the sky is not falling...of course we are having offensive issues...but what everyone needs to understand is change is never easy...we lost a coach who had been at wos for 30 years...u dont just replace someone like that overnight...cornel thompson is a great coach and i beleive he is the right man for the job of the mustang head coach right now.. but he is not dan hooks...that era is over..wonderful memories of that era but its over and we have to move on. if we just keep living in the past we will never see in the present and  what we have to work on right now...coach hooks had some pretty first tough years at wos too..my parents tell me how when we went 3-7 in 83 everyone was ready to run coach hooks out of town..but he persevered and thank goodness the school district didnt get rid of him...also new OC, toby was a great offensive coordinator but he has moved on to another school...regardless of the circumstances as to why he left..he is not at wos anymore and thats the bottom line..we have to move on also... i think, IMO, that the mustangs are just going thru some growing pains...its unfortunate but we have to go thru them..how we respond to the pressure is what will decide if we are going to continue to be great or just become like any ordinary football team out there...give cornel thompson a chance to build on whats already a great program and give him a chance to  leave his own mark of greatness that we can be proud of when we look back in the years to come.
[/quote] ;D ;D

[quote name="WOS95" post="1078875" timestamp="1318256903"]
im very surprise with the reaction of some of our mustang fans...were are 3-3 on the year and 1-0 in district...so the sky is not falling...of course we are having offensive issues...but what everyone needs to understand is change is never easy...we lost a coach who had been at wos for 30 years...u dont just replace someone like that overnight...cornel thompson is a great coach and i beleive he is the right man for the job of the mustang head coach right now.. but he is not dan hooks...that era is over..wonderful memories of that era but its over and we have to move on. if we just keep living in the past we will never see in the present and  what we have to work on right now...coach hooks had some pretty first tough years at wos too..my parents tell me how when we went 3-7 in 83 everyone was ready to run coach hooks out of town..but he persevered and thank goodness the school district didnt get rid of him...also new OC, toby was a great offensive coordinator but he has moved on to another school...regardless of the circumstances as to why he left..he is not at wos anymore and thats the bottom line..we have to move on also... i think, IMO, that the mustangs are just going thru some growing pains with all the changes...its unfortunate but we have to go thru them..how we respond to the pressure is what will decide if we are going to continue to be great or just become like any ordinary football team out there...give cornel thompson a chance to build on whats already a great program and give him a chance to  leave his own mark of greatness that we can be proud of when we look back in the years to come.
[/quote]

Well said, Big Love!!!

[quote name="1motime" post="1078989" timestamp="1318263514"]
NOTHING is wrong with WOS, had one of the toughest none district schedule in the state,[b] now winning will be easy[/b].
[/quote]

Winning will be easy? Not according to some the Mustang fans. ;)

Didn't look like that first district win was easy coming against a team that is annually in the cellar of 21-3A,  team that WOS routinely beats by 50 points or more.

I still think WOS is the favorite to win district, but a few of their games remaining will not be "easy".

ive read a lot of posts saying were "ok" and we will be fine but at what point does that finally happen? do we finally start clicking when its too late? we have a tough, gritty opponent friday night who isnt intimidated like they may have been in years past who will gladly embarass us if the opportunity presents itself. i believe if we dont become "ok" by friday that may happen.

jmo

WOS is a still a good team.  You will have 3 tough games in district but one thing, to include my Cardinals, is you have history over the 3.  It seems like WOS is like a wounded lion right now and there are 3 hyena's circling smelling the blood.  However, WOS is still the team to beat in the district.

Yep, and a wounded lion has the rest of the pack to make up for him. We will be fine. Just because we didn't hang 50 on a much improved HF team doesn't mean we are done. Look at college ball, you see SEC teams barely escape defeat only to run the table and win it all. It's all about matchups. Some teams just play us better than others. And the HF team I saw Friday wasn't the same team they were the last two years. They have some great players. Time will tell us how our team will be. Remember, we have a very young O line. They will only get better and trust me, Cornell will have them in shape come title time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder