What's wrong with WOS varsity? ?

[quote name="td" post="1080395" timestamp="1318389618"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=89570.msg1080200#msg1080200 date=1318372283]
Well, the whole thing doesn't make sense to me. One, the dude bleeds blue and silver. He just won the 3A track meet for the third time in a row. Second, his own father got the Orangefield job without being a OC or DC for the Mustangs.

So, you are telling me even though he put his name in the hat for the WO-S job he was leaving?

Then you are made aware Coach Hooks is retiring but you don't think Toby Foreman knew?
[/quote]

No, he was leaving if he didn't get the job. I agree with Gas, he had valid reasons that made it hard to argue with him. No hard feelings. Toby is still a Mustang and always will be.
[/quote]

Okay maybe Toby didn't know 100% that someone within the staff would be promoted to head coach by the school board but I bet it was a pretty high number.

I even posted someone in the coaching staff  would get the job on one of the message boards before it was announced.

I'm done here as I guess Toby is close enough to the two of you to say he and Coach Thomspon has a different philosophy and they don't agree on the best way to play HS football on the offensive side of the ball.

Fair enough, good luck to WOS the rest of the season.

Re:Dan Hooks retires from [b]WOS 6 months, 4 weeks ago [/b] #9083 bigred360

Supporting Member

I can't believe this. That program and school has been hit hard this year.

Coach Hooks is a great coach. Maybe what happened Reggie Garrett and Coach Barbay effected him and lead him to this decision.

He is a coaching legend in SE Texas and will be missed.

I believe WO-S will stay in house and hire from within the program. 

Just posted this post of mine so you didn't think I wasn't truthful.

This article was written Wednesday, April 20, 2011, it's about Cornell Thompson being named HC.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Cornel-Thompson-to-be-next-WO-S-football-coach-1345594.php#loopbegin

The article about Toby Foreman was written Tuesday, May 17, 2011.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/WO-S-assistant-football-coach-Foreman-accepts-job-1383521.php#ixzz1MeeGDUc8

Why so much time if he knew he was already leaving?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigred360" post="1080500" timestamp="1318424016"]
[quote author=td link=topic=89570.msg1080395#msg1080395 date=1318389618]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=89570.msg1080200#msg1080200 date=1318372283]
Well, the whole thing doesn't make sense to me. One, the dude bleeds blue and silver. He just won the 3A track meet for the third time in a row. Second, his own father got the Orangefield job without being a OC or DC for the Mustangs.

So, you are telling me even though he put his name in the hat for the WO-S job he was leaving?

Then you are made aware Coach Hooks is retiring but you don't think Toby Foreman knew?
[/quote]

No, he was leaving if he didn't get the job. I agree with Gas, he had valid reasons that made it hard to argue with him. No hard feelings. Toby is still a Mustang and always will be.
[/quote]

Okay maybe Toby didn't know 100% that someone within the staff would be promoted to head coach by the school board but I bet it was a pretty high number.

I even posted someone in the coaching staff  would get the job on one of the message boards before it was announced.

I'm done here as I guess Toby is close enough to the two of you to say he and Coach Thomspon has a different philosophy and they don't agree on the best way to play HS football on the offensive side of the ball.

Fair enough, good luck to WOS the rest of the season.

Re:Dan Hooks retires from [b]WOS 6 months, 4 weeks ago [/b] #9083 bigred360

Supporting Member

I can't believe this. That program and school has been hit hard this year.

Coach Hooks is a great coach. Maybe what happened Reggie Garrett and Coach Barbay effected him and lead him to this decision.

He is a coaching legend in SE Texas and will be missed.

I believe WO-S will stay in house and hire from within the program. 

Just posted this post of mine so you didn't think I wasn't truthful.

This article was written Wednesday, April 20, 2011, it's about Cornell Thompson being named HC.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Cornel-Thompson-to-be-next-WO-S-football-coach-1345594.php#loopbegin

The article about Toby Foreman was written Tuesday, May 17, 2011.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/WO-S-assistant-football-coach-Foreman-accepts-job-1383521.php#ixzz1MeeGDUc8

Why so much time if he knew he was already leaving?
[/quote]

He had to have a job that was approved by the school board. These questions would be better answered by Toby if you really want/need to know. I'm done here too.

Should be a good game between WOS and BC. Looking forward to watching that one.

Good luck to WOS, even though I attended BC until HS I live in West Orange, graduated from LC-M and attend Community. So those are the 3 schools in pull for. WOS, LCM and CCS.

Good luck to all three.

In closing my brother was a high school coach and if the HC/AD wants you the approval by the school board is a formality.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1080583" timestamp="1318431003"]
Good luck to WOS, even though I attended BC until HS I live in West Orange, graduated from LC-M and attend Community. So those are the 3 schools in pull for. WOS, LCM and CCS.

Good luck to all three.

In closing my brother was a high school coach and if the HC/AD wants you the approval by the school board is a formality.
[/quote]

You win. Your mind is made up and it is and will be as you perceive it regardless of the facts. Therefore you must be right.

[quote name="Judex" post="1080123" timestamp="1318367576"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=89570.msg1079834#msg1079834 date=1318348657]
[quote author=td link=topic=89570.msg1079715#msg1079715 date=1318333375]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=89570.msg1079661#msg1079661 date=1318305534]
Well, he wasn't going to be the OC under Coach Thompson so the writing was on the wall so to speak. BTW, I think you know my sister Kim Rose (married to Darwin Brack).
[/quote]

I just met her this weekend.

I disagree that the writing was on the wall. He always intended to leave if he didn't get the head job. Those words from his mouth to my ears. He told me that right after he applied and long before any decision was to be made.
[/quote]

He told me the exact same thing. In fact, we spent, literally, hours on the phone with me trying to talk him out of it, but he had his mind set. He had logical reasons why he didn't want to say that, in the end, were hard to argue with, but the bottom line is he was not staying if he didn't get the job. Period.

I love Toby, he is as much Blue and Silver as Coach Thompson and I HATED to see him leave. But he had his reasons and ultimately, you had to respect his decision, but they were made LONG before the head coach decision was made.
[/quote]

I am still holding out hope that he will come back as the OC while Coach T is still at the helm. The sooner the better!
[/quote]

I am not trying to wish anyone out of a job. The OC position is filled at this point. But, if it were to come open in the future, I would love to see that happen as well.

[quote name="td" post="1081176" timestamp="1318506894"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=89570.msg1080583#msg1080583 date=1318431003]

Good luck to all three.

[/quote]

You win. Your mind is made up and it is and will be as you perceive it regardless of the facts. Therefore you must be right.
[/quote]

No, I don't win. But yes after talking to several people in the community of WO-S I'm not the only one that has these questions. (Or how I perceive the facts.)

I haven't stated anything bad about the program and you're the one taking this personal. Coach Thompson is a great coach and like I stated before went out of his way to help a family member who didn't even attend WO-S.

Finally, like I just posted WO-S, LC-M and CCS are the schools I follow and want to win every game. (since WO-S and LC-M) haven't played in at few years excepted a scrimmage I haven't had to cheer against WO-S.

Good luck against Orangefield.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1081389" timestamp="1318522696"]
[quote author=td link=topic=89570.msg1081176#msg1081176 date=1318506894]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=89570.msg1080583#msg1080583 date=1318431003]

Good luck to all three.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I don't win. But yes after talking to several people in the community of WO-S I'm not the only one that has these questions. (Or how I perceive the facts.)

I haven't stated anything bad about the program and you're the one taking this personal. Coach Thompson is a great coach and like I stated before went out of his way to help a family member who didn't even attend WO-S.

Finally, like I just posted WO-S, LC-M and CCS are the schools I follow and want to win every game. (since WO-S and LC-M) haven't played in at few years excepted a scrimmage I haven't had to cheer against WO-S.

Good luck against Orangefield.
[/quote]

I'll add one more thing, a fact is a fact, it's not left up for "interpretation" or "perception". It is what it is. You can't "percieve" a fact, something is "percieved" a certain way due to a lack of facts. Which is what the many you speak of are doing.

The problem is that, even when presented with facts, many are still going to "percieve" it the way they want, not because their aren't any facts presented, but because they choose to ignore them and would rather live with their "perceptions". ;)

Fact. Toby Foreman was the OC at WOS and runs the spread offense
Fact. Coach Hooks retires
Fact. Both Toby and Cornell apply for the Head Coach/Athletic directors position.
Fact. Fact Coach Thompson is named HC/AD
Fact. Toby resigning and is hired as the WR coach at Texas High under Barry Norton (former WOS OC) I'm sure that took a long time getting through
Fact. Coach Thompson hires Stan Hodges as OC and he doesn't run the spread offense.
Fact. It is a better job at WOS as OC than position coach at Texas High.
Fact. Coach Thompson hired Mike Pierce as DC. He was an D I-AA All-American FS at McNeese State. I have a relative who played on the McNeese team Pierce's senior year.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1081444" timestamp="1318526205"]
Fact. Both Toby and Cornell apply for the Head Coach/Athletic directors position.
Fact. Toby resigning and is hired as the WR coach at Texas High under Barry Norton (former WOS OC) [b]I'm sure that took a long time getting through. ([i]Opinion[/i])[/b]
Fact. Coach Thompson hires Stan Hodges as OC and he doesn't run the spread offense.
Fact. [b]It is a better job at WOS as OC than position coach at Texas High.  ([i]Opinion[/i])[/b]
Fact. Coach Thompson hired Mike Pierce as DC. He was an D I-AA All-American FS at McNeese State. [b]I have a relative who played on the McNeese team Pierce's senior year.  ([i]Random Fact[/i])[/b].
[/quote]

Just poking fun

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1081464" timestamp="1318527264"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=89570.msg1081444#msg1081444 date=1318526205]
Fact. Toby resigning and is hired as the WR coach at Texas High under Barry Norton (former WOS OC) [b]I'm sure that took a long time getting through. ([i]Opinion[/i])[/b] Sarcasm?
Fact. [b]It is a better job at WOS as OC than position coach at Texas High.  ([i]Opinion[/i])[/b] You don't think WOS OC is a better job?? ::)
Fact. Coach Thompson hired Mike Pierce as DC. He was an D I-AA All-American FS at McNeese State. [b]I have a relative who played on the McNeese team Pierce's senior year.  ([i]Random Fact[/i])[/b]. Well, it is a fact.
[/quote]
[/quote]

See there we got something in common as I too like my paycheck, retirement and schedule 3x12hrs = full time. So I make a lot and have 4 days off a week.

As for Coach Foreman, I don't think a position coach at a 4A school makes more than the OC at WO-S at the 3A level . I don't have proof of that so that is my (perception).

Didn't Vidor beat Texas High this season?

[quote name="wos_112%" post="1081388" timestamp="1318522679"]
Our problems are not with the coaches, its our kids playing this year. They don't put forth the effort they should.  We have so much talent, but its like they don't care. And personally I'm really glad toby left.
[/quote]

not giving 100% is wrong, but did you think their excuse might be because of an outside coach trying to impliment something that has NEVER worked for him and were not equipped for?? just a thought...

i think that coach has lost his players.  JMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics