Woodville vs. Warren Game Thread/Woodville wins 54-0!!

WOSgrad

They ran three different plays from what i saw. Just out-played them. Ran faster and more physically, blocked harder and more dominatingly, and the defense stuffed the run and shut down the pass. If this game is broken down to percentages id say Woodville 97% Warren 2%. Remaining percent to the guy who started the fight in the first quarter and fired up the Woodville Eagles.

It was. The warren player started it with a cheap shot after the  play. The Woodville player shoved him and #89 from warren started throwing punches and ripped off the Woodville player's helmet. Another warren player shoved a woodville player and he retaliated and that escalated into another fight. Players ran over from both sidelines. Id say about 15 players from each team were involved. It lasted about 10 minutes. 3 personal fouls and #89 was ejected from Warren was ejected. There were constant cheap shots throughout the game. The fight was uncalled for and im sure there are things being done in both programs to prevent something like this from happening in the future.

Hillister,

It seems like you have asked this type of question before. You obviously are a person that wants to stir things up for your coach, and I don't understand why. If you don't like the direction the program is going, then get a teaching certificate, pay your dues as a coach, and then try to become the Head Coach at Warren.

Give the guy some time. The program is not going to turn around over night. Looking at the score, it wasn't the coaching that was the problem.

In my opinion, a coach's job is more than simple wins and losses. The Coach needs to be a person that instills discipline on the students, is a good role model for the students, and teaches the sport of football as a game of life.

[quote name="Hillister" post="1071558" timestamp="1317520071"]
How much time will Coach Barbay be given to turn Warren around?  It doesn't look very good at this point.
[/quote]

You could have Tom Landry back from the dead go in and coach the warriors and you would still get the same results they have gotten under Barbay and previous coach Ramsey.  Warren is in a district where they have the least talented team and very tealnted district.  Do you honestly think Warren will ever be able to compete with Newton,Anahuac, or EC?  Even Buna?  or Hardin? Can't blame the coach always.  You still have to have the tools in the shed to do the job.  A good carpenter has a hammer and nails right?  Samething in coaching.  No talent...very little chance of success! JMO 

No it was not the coaching, Woodville was just bigger and more physical up front. As a matter of fact Coach Barbara got control of his team just shortly after the fight and everything settled down to a tolerable. Level by halftime. Good luck to both coaches. Coach Barbay keep up the good work one day its gonna happen!

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1072041" timestamp="1317585441"]
I know this isn't much of a measuring stick, but #11 for Woodville hiwed me alot tonight. He had well over 150 yds and two 50+ yd touchdown runs. He runs hard and has more speed than I thought.
[/quote]

Trent Daniels- #11, had 17 carries for 283 yards and 3 TDs

[quote name="Wreckem2011" post="1071589" timestamp="1317523599"]
Hillister,

It seems like you have asked this type of question before. You obviously are a person that wants to stir things up for your coach, and I don't understand why. If you don't like the direction the program is going, then get a teaching certificate, pay your dues as a coach, and then try to become the Head Coach at Warren.

Give the guy some time. The program is not going to turn around over night. Looking at the score, it wasn't the coaching that was the problem.

In my opinion, a coach's job is more than simple wins and losses. The Coach needs to be a person that instills discipline on the students, is a good role model for the students, and teaches the sport of football as a game of life.
[/quote]I agree wreckem.I believe the coach has a good scheme, he's just going to have to get his kids in the weight room and bulk them up a little on both the o=line and the d-line.I am curious about the young man that has had the ejections.I'm not close to the program but I know he will have to address that if it's gonna get turned around.

[quote name="wildcats35" post="1071645" timestamp="1317529560"]
[quote author=Hillister link=topic=89103.msg1071558#msg1071558 date=1317520071]
How much time will Coach Barbay be given to turn Warren around?  It doesn't look very good at this point.
[/quote]

You could have Tom Landry back from the dead go in and coach the warriors and you would still get the same results they have gotten under Barbay and previous coach Ramsey.  Warren is in a district where they have the least talented team and very tealnted district.  Do you honestly think Warren will ever be able to compete with Newton,Anahuac, or EC?  Even Buna?  or Hardin? Can't blame the coach always.  You still have to have the tools in the shed to do the job.  A good carpenter has a hammer and nails right?  Samething in coaching.  No talent...very little chance of success! JMO 
[/quote]
Well said.  Numerous posters keep hoping for more weight room time, better offseason program, and numerous other things that might make some improvement, but plain and simple, Warren does not field the same athletes that these other schools do.  It has been and will be hard for them to compete, especially in this district.  Tough, too tough.

I'm not a foobal guru and I know the tradition in Newton/EC and elsewhere can't be questioned but you have to look to start with strength and conditioning to build a football program.Numbers wise Warren isn't the smallest school in the district yet in numbers and size of their players they have been  smaller than every opponent they have played this season.I have seen other programs turned around in Warren by the players and community buying in to a new coaches system.While I don't look for the Warriors to challenge for a playoff spot anytime soon I think given time this young coach will have them respectable in football.And in all honesty that will be an accomplishment.

[quote name="wildcats35" post="1071645" timestamp="1317529560"]
[quote author=Hillister link=topic=89103.msg1071558#msg1071558 date=1317520071]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Talent comes and goes, Kirbyville is a good example. I remember at times Buna and Kirbyville went winless in district play. Both of these teams have had some recent success ( last 10 years or so). I also find the statement about talent to be funny, of course you need talent to win, but talent can be overrated. Sorry to use another kville example, but they were definetly the most talented team in the two state playoff games they were in. Blame it on coaching or choking, but if talent was the key to winning they would have had two championships.

As for winning against EC, Anahuac, and Newton, the Warriors have beaten each of these teams in the past, some of them a long time ago, proving my point talent comes and goes. To be successful someone is going to have to come to Warren and get the community to buy into the program and support it, and most importantly stay there longer than 3 or four years. 

[quote name="hattie" post="1072243" timestamp="1317598164"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=89103.msg1072041#msg1072041 date=1317585441]
I know this isn't much of a measuring stick, but #11 for Woodville hiwed me alot tonight. He had well over 150 yds and two 50+ yd touchdown runs. He runs hard and has more speed than I thought.
[/quote]

Trent Daniels- #11, had 17 carries for 283 yards and 3 TDs
[/quote]
Well obviously my assumption was an under-estimate. I think he proved a little something last friday. Whether it was Warren or not.

Coach Ramsey was there 10 years and besides the one year in the playoffs...they never won more than 4 games in a season athough they were competitive while he was there most of the time.  He truly got the most out of his kids while he was there!  I think barbay will too eventually but talent comes and goes but talent seems to be more consistent in Newton,EC, and Anahuac,etc.  You might have a real talented group come through Warren every 10 years.  JMO.....as long as they are tryin....keep your heads up warriors!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245