Vidor considers Nederland it's biggest rival

AggiesAreWe

[quote name="cougars" post="1062086" timestamp="1316629456"]
[b]Honestly i dont know why Nederland cares so much what Vidor. thinks if yall consider them just another game on the schedule then dont worry about it..[/b].but I am willing to bet this isnt just another game on the schedule because i think nederland probably wants to beat vidor pretty bad cause how persistant they are... I still say vidor wins this one.. everyone from nederland will not be logging in to setxsports cause they wont want to here what vidor has to say about this one..... either that or this comment will come back to bite me lol ;)
[/quote]

LMBO...;D ;D ;D..........Yea the funny thing is right now Vidor is living rent free in some of these Nederland fans head.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are so may Nederland fans upset with Vidor calling us their rival? We should take that as a compliment. To me I would not care if any of the other teams in the district called us their rival either. Yes, PNG is our big rival. But I believe one sided rivalries are more of a measuring stick for the other team. Or respect for the football team that Nederland puts on the field year in and year out. But as head coach you don't tell your players that. You call it a rivalry!! Let's face it, for Vidor to make the playoffs they have to beat the "Big 4". (Central, Livingston, PNG and Nederland) So they could all be a Challenge, Measuring stick or Rivalry or whatever they want to call it. Calling Nederland doesn't bother me a bit. [b][u]I APPRECIATE IT![/u][/b] Good luck Vidor, I hope it’s a great game!!

[quote name="EX-Ceauxch" post="1062205" timestamp="1316643561"]
Why are so may Nederland fans upset with Vidor calling us their rival? We should take that as a compliment. To me I would not care if any of the other teams in the district called us their rival either. Yes, PNG is our big rival. But I believe one sided rivalries are more of a measuring stick for the other team. Or respect for the football team that Nederland puts on the field year in and year out. But as head coach you don't tell your players that. You call it a rivalry!! Let's face it, for Vidor to make the playoffs they have to beat the "Big 4". (Central, Livingston, PNG and Nederland) So they could all be a Challenge, Measuring stick or Rivalry or whatever they want to call it. Calling Nederland doesn't bother me a bit. [b][u]I APPRECIATE IT![/u][/b] Good luck Vidor, I hope it’s a great game!!
[/quote]

Great post! I've had a hard time understanding the whole issue. It has been very interesting to see such strong responses from Nederland.  The funny thing is the most recent version of this debate was started on another thread by a Nederland fan two weeks ago.  It has been great entertainment ever since.
Coach Mathews has built a respectable program in Vidor, but I realize that to take it to the next level will involve beating the "Big 4" you mention.  As a lifelong Vidor fan, I can tell you that its nice to finally be at a place where we are putting a competitive team on the field that has a fighting chance against these teams.  I'm not sure how this game is going to turn out, but I think its going to be a great game and I hope Vidor comes out on top.  Good luck to both teams!

[quote name="Ned11str8" post="1062219" timestamp="1316646107"]
Vidor had a true rivalry ( St. Thomas ) but they don't play them anymore
[/quote]

11 Straight, the way you go on and on about Vidor it almost seems like you
a. have some deep issues with Vidor that go much deeper than football. 
b. you have a secret shame of actually loving our team and you are just "in the closet"
or
c. You see Vidor as the true rivalry that you don't want us to be

By the way, having 11 straight as your screen name since that streak has been broken is like BISD keeping the Recognized sign in their front yard!

[quote name="vhs" post="1062222" timestamp="1316646710"]
[quote author=Ned11str8 link=topic=88551.msg1062219#msg1062219 date=1316646107]
[/quote]

b. you have a secret shame of actually loving our team and you are just "in the closet"
or

By the way, having 11 straight as your screen name since that streak has been broken is like BISD keeping the Recognized sign in their front yard!
[/quote]

How many straight does Vidor have ?

[quote name="bigdog" post="1062223" timestamp="1316646760"]
[quote author=vhs link=topic=88551.msg1062222#msg1062222 date=1316646710]
[/quote]

or

[/quote]

[/quote]

Typical response by another closet Vidor fan

[/quote]

or

By the way, having 11 straight as your screen name since that streak has been broken is like [b]BISD keeping the Recognized sign in their front yard![/b][/quote]You don't want to go there.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1062223" timestamp="1316646760"]
[/quote]

or

[/quote]

[/quote]

During Vidors entire history I believe their record is [size=14pt][color=red]1 straight[/color][/size]  :-*;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D  :-* :P:D ;D ;D ;D :) ;) :D ;D :D ;) :) :-* :-*

[/quote]

or

[/quote]

Then I will change it to Vid1str8

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1062264" timestamp="1316651732"]
[/quote]

or

By the way, having 11 straight as your screen name since that streak has been broken is like [b]BISD keeping the Recognized sign in their front yard![/b][/quote]You don't want to go there.
[/quote]

Ok, Soulja I won't go there, but I got to say I never took you to be the sensitive type

[quote name="robanadana" post="1062233" timestamp="1316647602"]
navydawg31, I called ya'll "nerdervillians" meaning you are a citizen of "nerderville" not [i][b]villain[/b][/i]. Check your spelling; however, considering the school you went to I understand....
[/quote]

Dont worry i didnt go to nederland if thats what your emphasizing their sport. Proud Graduate of La Porte Bulldogs. Yeah i messed up on the spelling big deal i did not know setxsports became a spelling bee. i was up all night on watch protecting YOUR freedom so next time when you criticize someone serving the country better watch yourself buddy. HOOAH!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="navydawg31" post="1062372" timestamp="1316662460"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=88551.msg1062233#msg1062233 date=1316647602]
navydawg31, I called ya'll "nerdervillians" meaning you are a citizen of "nerderville" not [i][b]villain[/b][/i]. Check your spelling; however, considering the school you went to I understand....
[/quote]

Dont worry i didnt go to nederland if thats what your emphasizing their sport. Proud Graduate of La Porte Bulldogs. Yeah i messed up on the spelling big deal i did not know setxsports became a spelling bee. i was up all night on watch protecting YOUR freedom so next time when you criticize someone serving the country better watch yourself buddy. HOOAH!
[/quote]
First off booter HOOAH is army. Incase you haven't heard Navy is HOOYAH. And why so sensitive? I know you took more verbal abuse in boot than that. And what watch did you do? I bet i've done worse and longer.

[quote name="my.two.cents" post="1062376" timestamp="1316662804"]
[quote author=navydawg31 link=topic=88551.msg1062372#msg1062372 date=1316662460]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=88551.msg1062233#msg1062233 date=1316647602]
[/quote]

[/quote]
First off booter HOOAH is army. Incase you haven't heard Navy is HOOYAH. And why so sensitive? I know you took more verbal abuse in boot than that. And what watch did you do? I bet i've done worse and longer.
[/quote]

What Branch were you in? And yes Army is HOOAH but Army is not the only one who uses it they might have started it but  SWCC uses it just as much we work very closely with the army rangers thats how we started it. Dont know what SWCC is just look it up on youtube plenty of videos or better yet im in for the first time since iraq on monday and ill be gladly to show you photos and videos. And right now we are under lockdown we have been getting threats and i was up all 49 hours and then 9 hours off and we just went off of lockdown at 1900. So i was just a wee bit tired.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="navydawg31" post="1062392" timestamp="1316664693"]
[quote author=my.two.cents link=topic=88551.msg1062376#msg1062376 date=1316662804]
[quote author=navydawg31 link=topic=88551.msg1062372#msg1062372 date=1316662460]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

What Branch were you in? And yes Army is HOOAH but Army is not the only one who uses it they might have started it but  SWCC uses it just as much we work very closely with the army rangers thats how we started it. Dont know what SWCC is just look it up on youtube plenty of videos or better yet im in for the first time since iraq on monday and ill be gladly to show you photos and videos. And right now we are under lockdown we have been getting threats and i was up all 49 hours and then 9 hours off and we just went off of lockdown at 1900. So i was just a wee bit tired.
[/quote]
Well dead gum. Didn't realize you were joe navy. And yall may use HOOAH in your company or whatever it is your in but i'll stick to navy talk. Not downing you or anything just saying. You do your thing and i'll do mine. And Yes i do know what SWCC is. I'm not that dumb. And dang 49 hours plus 9. Thats a total 58 hours. Dang man. You must be tired. Try doing a 96 hour Ordnance onload on a Carrier that has 4 different magazines ranging from frames 54 to 138 and 3 decks on each magazine and packing them all up full and not getting one break cuz your the only one who can run a forklift in your mag. And if you can't tell i'm a NAVY AO. IYAOYAS!

navydawg31, thank you for your service. However, that doesn't give you the right to give anyone a lesson on grammar or spelling especially if you call yourself "dawg" on a message thread concerning Vidor and nederville (puppies) and attack my disdain for their arrogance. I promise you don't want a verbal battle with me. You can ask BMTSoulJa1 about that. I will defend my Pirates until the very end....even from half a world away....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298