WHAT ANNOYS YOU AT A FOOTBALL GAME.

speveto

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1058999" timestamp="1316270164"]
When a ref 5 yrds from a play doesnt signal or make a call and the ref 40 yrds away makes the call.  I know each got their responsibility but COME ON MAN.  ;D
[/quote]
Yeah that really gets to me but what honestly gets to me is when the other team blows a train sounding horn. I mean IMO the crowd is loud enough for when they score you don't need a horn and honestly that dang PNG song and how many times they play it. I swear after that game i have that flipping song stuck in my head for a week lol.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. You've changed my opinion. I'm over it. Silsbee has the greatest team ever, the classiest announcer, the finest stadium, cutest cheerleaders, the most knowledgeable fans that have the utmost modesty about their overall winningest program ever in Texas high school football history! I was very honored to have been allowed to even be in the presence of such greatness. What was I thinking? ;)

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1059426" timestamp="1316307360"]
OK. You've changed my opinion. I'm over it. Silsbee has the greatest team ever, the classiest announcer, the finest stadium, cutest cheerleaders, the most knowledgeable fans that have the utmost modesty about their overall winningest program ever in Texas high school football history! I was very honored to have been allowed to even be in the presence of such greatness. What was I thinking? ;)
[/quote]

Come on, Dude....Be the Champion your name implies.  Every team has a "homer" announcer.  Did you think we were going to let your announcer in our press box???  I do think our announcer is as fair as he can be.  Like I said earlier, I was waiting to hear my kids name and he gave your kid the praise.  As for the cheerleaders and band....I stood up and clapped for your cheerleaders when they cheered on our side and I did the same for your band. They did a great job and the people around me acknowledged it.  I enjoyed the game between our two teams and always have.  I missed seeing Coach Barbay on the sidelines, but knew he was in the stadium anyway. I look forward every year to the Silsbee/Newton game.  I never said we had the best anything. I just don't agree that our announcer is as one-sided as you  seem to think. Feel free to pm me and make me aware of exactly what he said that aggravated you.  I would really like to know.  Maybe I was just too caught up in the action to have heard it....

Cheerleaders throwing the mini footballs into the stands at the beginning of the third quarter, I mean the game is on and folks are standing up trying to catch the balls, blocking the view of the field.  If you gotta throw 'em, throw 'em after the bands are through and before third quarter action starts or between quarters, not during the game.

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1059476" timestamp="1316309871"]
Cheerleaders throwing the mini footballs into the stands at the beginning of the third quarter, I mean the game is on and folks are standing up trying to catch the balls, blocking the view of the field.  If you gotta throw 'em, throw 'em after the bands are through and before third quarter action starts or between quarters, not during the game.
[/quote]

I'm with ya on that on, your trying to focus on the game and on of those little plastic footballs ding ya in the head.  :o

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1059426" timestamp="1316307360"]
[/quote]
Its ok Champ.......I know you were upset at the loss.  You are forgiven. ;)
Now that you have the knowledge......use it to make your life better.  You could change your name to ChampionTiger and we would have your back....not be on it. ;D

I haven't heard the Silsbee announcer. I have heard the Lumberton announcer ... another Lumberton  1st down, which backfired on them when they played PNG last time there and the whole PNG fan base started saying that back to them everytime PNG made a 1st down.

But, the most annoying, biased, home announcer goes to Livingston hands down... 'he's still on his feet, he's still on his feet!!.... Fumble!!!  get that ball... in a shrill high pitched Reba Macintire (sp?) like voice.  :o

What annoys me is MY WIFE! OMG......Takes 4EVER to get dolled up like she is 16. Screams during the game like she is still a cheerleader. Asks questions like........Can he hit LIL JOEY like that? AND browses the crowd to see who she can socialize with! Hey how bout watching the dang game and cheering in our inside voice! I down a dozen Migraine Excedrins after every single Friday night on the way home! I LUV HER! LOL

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="bambam33" post="1060388" timestamp="1316405498"]
What annoys me is MY WIFE! OMG......Takes 4EVER to get dolled up like she is 16. Screams during the game like she is still a cheerleader. Asks questions like........Can he hit LIL JOEY like that? AND browses the crowd to see who she can socialize with! Hey how bout watching the dang game and cheering in our inside voice! I down a dozen Migraine Excedrins after every single Friday night on the way home! I LUV HER! LOL
[/quote]

That is too cool!  8)  LOL!

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1060389" timestamp="1316405601"]
[quote author=bambam33 link=topic=88393.msg1060388#msg1060388 date=1316405498]
[/quote]have mercy

That is too cool!  8)  LOL!
[/quote]

[quote name="Joharr73" post="1059064" timestamp="1316275332"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=88393.msg1058999#msg1058999 date=1316270164]
When a ref 5 yrds from a play doesnt signal or make a call and the ref 40 yrds away makes the call.  I know each got their responsibility but COME ON MAN.  ;D
[/quote]

I'm with you on this topic!  This happened to us last night against Kountze.
[/quote]
Being an ex ref, it is very difficult to see the entire spectrum of the play when your that close, a facemask, yes. The game and the calls must happen in a matter of seconds, and you do have areas that you are responsible for. It is much easier to see more form the stands. Everyone ought to be a ref for a game and get yelled at a few times and you might have a little different perspective. All I'm saying 'bout that!

[/quote]Sounds like your wife would be a great home side next seat over heckler.  She would definatly get other area fans hyped! 

"Hood football"A team is outmatched,losing,getting pushed up/dwn the field and your opponent resorts to cursing,shooting rods,hitting late,throwing fist in a pile up, pushing for you to counter-act to get key players ejected to improve there odds to get back in da game #2 Ref's not takin control of the tempo of da game by issuing warnings to both sides before things get out of control.#3 The number of watergate meetings refs have now days on penalties

For years it has annoyed me (and still does) whenever we (Ned) score or do something positive, and I'm wanting to hear our band play our fight song.......and NOTHING! For a band of our size, we should be able to hear them every once in a while. Instead, we all have 'Cherokee' engrained into our minds and ears. Come on band, make some noise or just stay home!  :P

Guest ECBucFan
[/quote]

Bambam33, what schools games do you & your wife attend? If possible, I definitely want to check it out! LOL!

[quote name="pe2009" post="1060487" timestamp="1316443180"]
Bands that play....when their team is on OFFENSE.
[/quote]

The Coldspring band would never get to play.

8)

The only real gripe I have at the football games is the lack of respect some of the teams seem to show when the national anthem is being played.  This is not the time to be making noise by hammering on the shoulder pads of the guy in front of you.  It is a time to show your respect for your country and those who have fought and died for your freedoms.  Your hand goes over your heart .... not on the shoulder pads of those in front or beside you.

[quote name="ABNINF" post="1060492" timestamp="1316444047"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=88393.msg1060487#msg1060487 date=1316443180]
Bands that play....when their team is on OFFENSE.
[/quote]

The Coldspring band would never get to play.

8)

The only real gripe I have at the football games is the lack of respect some of the teams seem to show when the national anthem is being played.  This is not the time to be making noise by hammering on the shoulder pads of the guy in front of you.  It is a time to show your respect for your country and those who have fought and died for your freedoms.  Your hand goes over your heart .... not on the shoulder pads of those in front or beside you.
[/quote]They are showing respect.  The players begin slapping shoulder pads after the 'o' the land of the free!' part.  That's the equivalant of an exciting hand clap, which you would get anywhere else the National anthem is sung or played.  I find nothing wrong with that.  The are still standing there with their helmets off and faced toward the flag.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1060498" timestamp="1316444557"]
They are showing respect.  The players begin slapping shoulder pads after the 'o' the land of the free!' part.  That's the equivalant of an exciting hand clap, which you would get anywhere else the National anthem is sung or played.  I find nothing wrong with that.  The are still standing there with their helmets off and faced toward the flag.
[/quote]

Let them tell that to the Drill Sergeant when they get to basic training.  I'm sure it will go over just fine.

[quote name="ABNINF" post="1060501" timestamp="1316444729"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=88393.msg1060498#msg1060498 date=1316444557]
They are showing respect.  The players begin slapping shoulder pads after the 'o' the land of the free!' part.  That's the equivalant of an exciting hand clap, which you would get anywhere else the National anthem is sung or played.  I find nothing wrong with that.  The are still standing there with their helmets off and faced toward the flag.
[/quote]

Let them tell that to the Drill Sergeant when they get to basic training.  I'm sure it will go over just fine.
[/quote]Losen up, man.  Those are no cadets.  They are football players.  Everyone gets excited on the breakdown part of the national anthem.  Some people clap, some people sing louder.  They slap shoulder pads. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• It's common knowledge that this sort of thing happens on ranches.  I'd be willing to bet more people than not in this forum have had to do it.  That said, she's an absolute moron for putting it in a book, period.  The act of killing the dog can be justified, but publicizing it is inexcusable for someone in her position.  I honestly have no clue what she was thinking.
    • There are times when certain things are appropriate, and when they are not.  We can agree to disagree on the appropriateness of star baseball players doing contact football drills in the days leading up the baseball playoffs.  
    • are you suggesting that if the football coach runs spring drills then the kids won't play fall ball without supervision?  Because if not, this argument has no relevance.  One doesn't take the place of the other.  one the AD has control of, the other he just tries to.  
    • I don't think it is overly hyped.. I am seeing less and less multi-sport kids when it can all be prevented.. A coach teaches l loyalty, work ethic, comradery, integrity, perseverance, etc.. to get kids to buy into their program. They talk about brotherhood and doing what is best for their community.... But some mean all of this  just for football... Kids see into this double standard and will quit.. either while on the field or off...  drives me crazy!!  and again... I work with these kids.. they tell me what they think.. so you can agree or disagree.. its their point of view!!
  • Topics