WHAT ANNOYS YOU AT A FOOTBALL GAME.

speveto

Guest momof2hornets
Ok... I know they are there to support the team, but when the band CONTINUALLY plays on and on throughout most of the game especially when your team is about to make a big play! You can't cheer or yell for the team because the band won't pipe down long enough. Oh and maybe just maybe play a newer than 70s song.
I do appreciate the band.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1059036" timestamp="1316272449"]
That dumb, "Who are we?  PNG!" chant...  (Before people start hating, let me say this...  I know PNG fans that hate that annoying chant also)

When teams or players repeat mistakes, over and over....

Parents that don't make their children behave at the game.

[b]*****Especially this one*****[/b] People that yell out for biased calls and penalties, that don't make sense, or sometimes, don't even exist!
[/quote]

I'm in agreement with you on the biased calls. Some people think every flag thrown against their team is a bad call. I have some that sit around me that get mad on every penalty called against us.

Teams that copy others traditions. I don't care for the "who are we chant" myself , don't recall that being an original PNG tradition. Another tradition copied by many was the ball bearings in the propane tanks. It was awesome for Stephenville , but annoys me when others copy it.

[quote name="liltex" post="1059090" timestamp="1316278139"]
A first for me last night,1st in line @gate.Lady says gotta call a admin.to see if they will except UIL dist pass for 19-4a-said they were only takin 18-4a DUH????Next having to empty pockets to walk thru a booth scanner.Nail clippers w/file/sm dull blade make me walk back to the truck and get back in line.Lawd could you imagine a playoff gm @ Aldine Thorne stadium w/a PNG crowd ::) ::)
[/quote]

Happened to me last night.  Said they did not honor passes, never seen them before.

[quote name="CATS80" post="1059093" timestamp="1316278686"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=88393.msg1059068#msg1059068 date=1316275484]
Homer PA announcers at a game. Silsbee has one of the worst. It is their home field and their choice to force me to listen to one accolade after another about their players on both sides of the ball when he can't even get our kids last name right. Should be neutral or turn system down so only home side can hear it. It's a form of mental torture for both the fans and the kids playing.
[/quote] ;D You havnt played Lumberton yet. Their announcer is way more homer than ours ;D
[/quote]
To me it is very disrespectful of the visiting team and their fans and smacks of "we'll do anything to win" instead of "play hard and fair". Things in life aren't always fair and some people don't see any difference in those two statements. I'm not indicating cheating by Silsbee or anything like that, it's just very distasteful to me personally to have to be forced to sit there and listen to it. Silsbee has a very good team that played hard and with a lot of heart and won. Why not let that speak for itself?

[quote name="liltex" post="1059090" timestamp="1316278139"]
A first for me last night,1st in line @gate.Lady says gotta call a admin.to see if they will except UIL dist pass for 19-4a-said they were only takin 18-4a DUH????Next having to empty pockets to walk thru a booth scanner.Nail clippers w/file/sm dull blade make me walk back to the truck and get back in line.Lawd could you imagine a playoff gm @ Aldine Thorne stadium w/a PNG crowd ::) ::)
[/quote]

Lol.  I've seen it....  They wern't happy.  ;D

[quote name="pngfan1" post="1059105" timestamp="1316280294"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=88393.msg1059036#msg1059036 date=1316272449]
That dumb, "Who are we?  PNG!" chant...  (Before people start hating, let me say this...  I know PNG fans that hate that annoying chant also)

When teams or players repeat mistakes, over and over....

Parents that don't make their children behave at the game.

[b]*****Especially this one*****[/b] People that yell out for biased calls and penalties, that don't make sense, or sometimes, don't even exist!
[/quote]

I'm in agreement with you on the biased calls. Some people think every flag thrown against their team is a bad call. I have some that sit around me that get mad on every penalty called against us.

Teams that copy others traditions. I don't care for the "who are we chant" myself , don't recall that being an original PNG tradition. Another tradition copied by many was the ball bearings in the propane tanks. It was awesome for Stephenville , but annoys me when others copy it.
[/quote]

Ya, Aledo does the propane tanks too....  ::)

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1059118" timestamp="1316281416"]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=88393.msg1059093#msg1059093 date=1316278686]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=88393.msg1059068#msg1059068 date=1316275484]
Homer PA announcers at a game. Silsbee has one of the worst. It is their home field and their choice to force me to listen to one accolade after another about their players on both sides of the ball when he can't even get our kids last name right. Should be neutral or turn system down so only home side can hear it. It's a form of mental torture for both the fans and the kids playing.
[/quote] ;D You havnt played Lumberton yet. Their announcer is way more homer than ours ;D
[/quote]
To me it is very disrespectful of the visiting team and their fans and smacks of "we'll do anything to win" instead of "play hard and fair". Things in life aren't always fair and some people don't see any difference in those two statements. I'm not indicating cheating by Silsbee or anything like that, it's just very distasteful to me personally to have to be forced to sit there and listen to it. Silsbee has a very good team that played hard and with a lot of heart and won. Why not let that speak for itself?
[/quote]Wow!  Someone forced you to go to the game and sit thru That.      I assure you no one at silsbee was trying to be disrespectfull to anyone at Newton. Newton Has a very good football team. And it was a very good game. Hats off to Newton. But it sounds to me someone just didnt like the outcome and is expressing it in an odd way.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1059118" timestamp="1316281416"]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=88393.msg1059093#msg1059093 date=1316278686]
[/quote]
[/quote]
What Champ is trying to say is that he gets very annoyed when Newton loses.  I feel ya Champ...I get this way too. 

I cant stand it when they try to say something good about their [b]home[/b] team.  Who do they think they are?...Proud parents or fans? Cant they see that my team is losing?! I cant concentrate  @#!*.....we are losing!  And it is [b]all[/b] the announcers fault! ;D

[quote name="bcjag10" post="1059128" timestamp="1316282442"]
I'm annoyed, when the offense is on the field. The QB is called to the side line to get the play. Upon returning to the field, time is running out on the clock. A flag is thrown and the QB is charged with the delay of game instead of the bone headed coaches >:(
[/quote]

I am with you on this one. I hate when they run the Quarterback to the sideline after every play to get the next one. If your going to have WR come in and out every play, give them the play.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1059120" timestamp="1316281729"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=88393.msg1059090#msg1059090 date=1316278139]
[/quote]

Lol.  I've seen it....  They wern't happy.  ;D
[/quote]

Wow, UIL rule.  They have to accept UIL District Passes.  These are handed out to coaches for scouting.

Here we go again. Silsbee won the game and I have no problem with that. I've said that. The thread was about annoyances at a football game. I've been to hundreds of games and to me Silsbee has the most annoying PA announcer that I personally have ever heard. This is about an opinion and it can't be wrong. Enjoy the rest of the season with the winning Silsbee team. Just don't plug a mike in for the announcer ;D.

Rowdy, bad-natured fans who spend their time screaming at individual players and criticizing those on the field and on the sideline.  Also, those who seek to put a damper on rowdy, good-natured fans (think spirited student section) who are having a good time in the stands in a positive way.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1059207" timestamp="1316291966"]
Here we go again. Silsbee won the game and I have no problem with that. I've said that. The thread was about annoyances at a football game. I've been to hundreds of games and to me Silsbee has the most annoying PA announcer that I personally have ever heard. This is about an opinion and it can't be wrong. Enjoy the rest of the season with the winning Silsbee team. Just don't plug a mike in for the announcer ;D.
[/quote]We Are cool With all that  ;D But we do have to protect our announcer too he is part of us also. And oh yea we have to protect Santa too as much as we hate it. Him too.  ;D ;D

I can't stand any negative comments about the players or the coaches.  Thanks to CATS80 for taking care of the ignorant people behind me at the Cleveland game.  I was ready to scrap with those two...and they were from Silsbee!!!!

As for the Silsbee announcer.....I heard great things about the kids from both sides last night.  He gave props to the Newton kids just as he did the Silsbee kids.  In fact, on one play I thought he should have given our kids more credit, but he applauded your qb instead.  Get over it! It was a great game on both sides! 

[quote name="mactiger" post="1059402" timestamp="1316306021"]
I can't stand any negative comments about the players or the coaches.  Thanks to CATS80 for taking care of the ignorant people behind me at the Cleveland game.  I was ready to scrap with those two...and they were from Silsbee!!!!

As for the Silsbee announcer.....I heard great things about the kids from both sides last night.  He gave props to the Newton kids just as he did the Silsbee kids.  In fact, on one play I thought he should have given our kids more credit, but he applauded your qb instead.  Get over it! It was a great game on both sides!
[/quote]Your welcome. It was my pleasure  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder