BARBERS HILL VS DAYTON: THE OLD RIVER SHOOTOUT

How many points will the Broncos score on the Eagles?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. How many points will the Broncos score on the Eagles?

• 0 - 10
    • 10 - 20
    • 20 - 30
    • 30 -40
    • 40 -50
    • 50 +

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1062721" timestamp="1316721981"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=88383.msg1062702#msg1062702 date=1316720068]
[quote author=bh15 link=topic=88383.msg1062694#msg1062694 date=1316719118]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=88383.msg1062684#msg1062684 date=1316717965]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=88383.msg1062677#msg1062677 date=1316717168]
I was sitting here wondering IF the Eagle beat the Broncos, the irrogant Bronco fans on here would hide and eat their crow with class. Then I answered myself. NO they want!!! They have to big of a attaction for Barbers Hill for some reason. By reading the post on here week end and week out you would think Dayton plays Barbers Hill every week.

Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Haha...I don't read this language...can you translate to English please?  You can be sure I'll be on here win or lose...although it probably won't be until Wed of next week or so due to travel.  Good job capitalizing that IF.
[/quote]A poem for Rollinac:    You'll learn when your older
                                                that chip on your shoulder,
                                                Which proudly you battle to guard,
                                                Has frequently shamed you and often defamed you
                                                And left you a record thats marred!
                                                When you've grown calm and steady, you won't
                                                be so ready
                                                To fight for a difference that's small,
                                                For you'll know, when your older that chip
                                                on your shoulder
                                                Is only a chip after all.

Edgar A. Guest
[/quote]

Awwww how sweet :).  You wrote me a poem...I'll treasure it forever.  Here...let me try:

Let's see....
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Only thing I say,
is STFU

How's that :)
[/quote]

I think thats a Forum Rules Violation and your suspended for 3 games for excessive language.

;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

I don't care who you root for, that's funny stuff!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="bronco1" post="1062854" timestamp="1316737503"]
Well I watched the freshman game and it didn't seem to bad. But, after one half of the JV game I have come to a conclusion. I would rather watch competitive chess than this BH offense.
[/quote]

Air Force and Nebraska (Scott Frost) in the '90s was about the only time I've seen that offense really be somewhat exciting.  Of course they threw out of it quite a bit.  It can be pretty difficult to stop if everything goes right...of course if you get down by 14 you're in somewhat deep stuff

Well alot of smack this afternoon while I was away.PNG jumping in like he'd love for UIL to move Dayt back 20-4a.BH would love that.It's been fun I didn't give any karma + or - although some were derserving I just don't unless it's not viewable material.I'm offline now for a few days good luck to all fri.night 8) 8)

GAME DAY!!!!
Congrats to the BH jv team.  They won the lottery!  For those that watched, if BH is going to win tonight they need a repeat performance of the JV game.  Dayton had the ball three times inside the 20 and didn't score.  BH's JV offensive line did an AWEsome job.  If the Broncos can't stop the run inside the Eagles have a chance.  Can't wait till 7 PM!

About 13 1/2 hrs till beat down time and hot off the press here is a preview of the BH Spirit Shirts

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/pinkant.png/][IMG]http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5086/pinkant.png[/img][/URL]

And yes they come in jr sizes for BH89  with a matching tu-tu for BHFAN  ;D

I have a question.. Dayton teaches all the players from Jr. High up to Varsity the same program, is this correct? And BH I will assume does the same thing right? If this is so, how is it that Daytons Freshman can beat BH Freshman by alot.. and Daytons JV couldn't do squat? Can I get some real answers? Not some idiotic answers!

[quote name="octfeb" post="1063102" timestamp="1316778786"]
I have a question.. Dayton teaches all the players from Jr. High up to Varsity the same program, is this correct? And BH I will assume does the same thing right? If this is so, how is it that Daytons Freshman can beat BH Freshman by alot.. and Daytons JV couldn't do squat? Can I get some real answers? Not some idiotic answers!
[/quote]

Could be  Talent? or the Varsity and JV has sucked up more of the Freshman Players than Dayton has. Underclass man scores really don't paint to much of a picture, although Purple forever thinks they are his crystal ball 8) Does the JV score indicate a BH win next year? Heck no, but it does indicate that there is a kink in the force! Can Darth Dayton over come the rebels LOL ;D ;D ;D

Almost game time can't wait!!! BH is about to go Jedi on your arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing that hurts daytons jv is that most kids that can really get after it are on varsity by the time they are sophmores. I saw at least 5 freshman that will prob never play jv. Look at a program tonight and look at the talent we have that are juniors and sophmores on varsity the year we played brenham in the regional finals we had 4 starters on offense that were sophmores one of them was our qb.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1063119" timestamp="1316780086"]
One thing that hurts daytons jv is that most kids that can really get after it are on varsity by the time they are sophmores. I saw at least 5 freshman that will prob never play jv. Look at a program tonight and look at the talent we have that are juniors and sophmores on varsity the year we played brenham in the regional finals we had 4 starters on offense that were sophmores one of them was our qb.
[/quote]

This isn't just Daytons philosiphy, all schools do the same thing. If you are good enough to play varisity then you will play varsity. BH has a Sophmore QB this year which started last year as a Freshman. We also have a large amount of underclass man on the BH Varisty.

Gameday! Looking forward to a good game tonight. I know BH is a much improved team this year. Denny is a talented QB with a good team around him. This flexbone type offense has been successful against the Broncos (to a certain degree) in the past. Both Vidor and Livingston were able to sustain drives. Just not enough of them. It'll be interesting to see how the young Bronco defense responds. Ironically, this year the Bronco defense seems to be better against the pass than the run.

BH defense is also much improved. Good LB's and a stingy secondary. This strength of the Dayton offense is the O line. (as it usually is) Can they control the line of scrimmage enough to pound out some first downs on the ground? I think if they can, this will freeze those aggresive linebackers enough to open up some other options. I'm thinking 35 - 24 Dayton but we shall see.

Good luck to both teams tonight. Here's to a clean and injury free game!

[quote name="octfeb" post="1063102" timestamp="1316778786"]
[/quote]
It's completely different.  There's not really much game planning for a freshman or JV game and adjustments aren't really made that much.  Thrown in the fact that most JV's are actually the scout team for varsity and spend most of the week running the other team's offense.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1063130" timestamp="1316781387"]
Gameday! Looking forward to a good game tonight. I know BH is a much improved team this year. Denny is a talented QB with a good team around him. This flexbone type offense has been successful against the Broncos (to a certain degree) in the past. Both Vidor and Livingston were able to sustain drives. Just not enough of them. It'll be interesting to see how the young Bronco defense responds. Ironically, this year the Bronco defense seems to be better against the pass than the run.

BH defense is also much improved. Good LB's and a stingy secondary. This strength of the Dayton offense is the O line. (as it usually is) Can they control the line of scrimmage enough to pound out some first downs on the ground? I think if they can, this will freeze those aggresive linebackers enough to open up some other options. I'm thinking 35 - 24 Dayton but we shall see.

Good luck to both teams tonight. Here's to a clean and injury free game!
[/quote]

Agreed Hawkeye! I hope this is a good game and I think it will be, but if BH gets the fumbles tonight you can rest assure that Dayton will make us pay dearly :'( Can't wait to see Eagle stadium packed tonight and I too hope that the game is clean an played with class on both sides!

[quote name="rollinac" post="1063141" timestamp="1316782283"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=88383.msg1063102#msg1063102 date=1316778786]
[/quote]
It's completely different.  There's not really much game planning for a freshman or JV game and adjustments aren't really made that much.  Thrown in the fact that most JV's are actually the scout team for varsity and spend most of the week running the other team's offense.
[/quote]
very well put there rollinac

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1063144" timestamp="1316782378"]
Never said it was only dayton that fielded underclassman was just answering somebodys post no need to get upset bh jv played really good
[/quote]Does anyone know why Dayton B freshman game was forfeited? Dayton had about 60 players on the sideline, certainly more than enough for two teams. BH played the Fresh A team in the 1st half and the B team in the 2nd half.  Final score was Day 36 BH 6. Dayton scored all the pts in the 1st half and made it look easy. Glad the JV stepped it up on defense and won.

[quote name="bh15" post="1063153" timestamp="1316782830"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=88383.msg1063144#msg1063144 date=1316782378]
Never said it was only dayton that fielded underclassman was just answering somebodys post no need to get upset bh jv played really good
[/quote]Does anyone know why Dayton B freshman game was forfeited? Dayton had about 60 players on the sideline, certainly more than enough for two teams. BH played the Fresh A team in the 1st half and the B team in the 2nd half.  Final score was Day 36 BH 6. Dayton scored all the pts in the 1st half and made it look easy. Glad the JV stepped it up on defense and won.
[/quote]We don't really have a freshmen B team--last year we split them up to form a B team just to accommodate BH, had a couple of injuries, so two kids had to play a couple of plays on both teams and someone threw a "little girl " hissy fit about it. That might be the reason it didn't happen again--maybe

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="1063167" timestamp="1316784128"]
[quote author=bh15 link=topic=88383.msg1063153#msg1063153 date=1316782830]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=88383.msg1063144#msg1063144 date=1316782378]
[/quote]We don't really have a freshmen B team--last year we split them up to form a B team just to accommodate BH, had a couple of injuries, so two kids had to play a couple of plays on both teams and someone threw a "little girl " hissy fit about it. That might be the reason it didn't happen again--maybe
[/quote]

Cheating deservs a hissy fit 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder