BARBERS HILL VS DAYTON: THE OLD RIVER SHOOTOUT

How many points will the Broncos score on the Eagles?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. How many points will the Broncos score on the Eagles?

• 0 - 10
    • 10 - 20
    • 20 - 30
    • 30 -40
    • 40 -50
    • 50 +

TexasMinuteMan - Barbers Hill by a slight margin
TMM - is 20 for 20 in his predictions this year.

I have Dayton by 20 points, this week. I have made 10 predictions, and my record stands at 10-0.

So, I am calling you out Texas Minute Man..............make a wager ??? I will even keep it simple, no point spread. Just straight up, WIN or LOSE prediction. You got BH, I got the Broncos......

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="7mary3" post="1062508" timestamp="1316701055"]
[quote author=bhdog28 link=topic=88383.msg1062496#msg1062496 date=1316699820]
The Eagles will beat the broncos 17 to 14. It will be a close game but I believe the Eagles will come out with the win!!
[/quote]

Dude you are smoking crack.
[/quote]

I think you are. Your the one from Dayton!

[quote name="octfeb" post="1062499" timestamp="1316700165"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=88383.msg1062495#msg1062495 date=1316699711]
Anyone heard how Chambers is doing? Hope he's able to play Friday. They have got to find a way to get that kid some more touches. He can be very elusive!
[/quote] Isn't rule that if you have a concussion you have to sit out for 2 weeks?
[/quote]Tomorrow will be two weeks from the Angleton game  ?

[quote name="rollinac" post="1062505" timestamp="1316700881"]
[quote author=bh15 link=topic=88383.msg1062441#msg1062441 date=1316692732]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=88383.msg1062033#msg1062033 date=1316623864]
[quote author=bh15 link=topic=88383.msg1062007#msg1062007 date=1316621746]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=88383.msg1061840#msg1061840 date=1316608496]
[quote author=bh15 link=topic=88383.msg1061826#msg1061826 date=1316606807]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=88383.msg1061416#msg1061416 date=1316548973]
So I'm guessing with your uncle reffing we won't have to endure the Gage temper tantrum again?  Another onside kick to start the game?  Show up for the National Anthem this time though.
[/quote]I talked to coach Gage the next morning. He said the refs did not come to get them which they are supposed to do to let them know it was time to come out onto the field. Yes he should have looked at a watch or something but it wasn't intentional. Can we please move on.
[/quote]Excuses-------------it was classless plain and simple
[/quote]It was not classless unless he did it intentionally, which he did not. I guess you just don't get it.
[/quote]No I do get it---you were misled---BOTH locker rooms were notified by the officials and only one intentionally did not come out---the same kind of silly tactics like flipping a tire, making players wear purple shirts, and flapping your gums about a "gimmick defense"----all of which backfired
[/quote]I guess I believe Coach Gage, [color=red][b][u]who I know is an honest and honorable person[/u][/b][/color], over you.
[/quote]

I guess my standards for honest and honorable must be higher.  The timing for everything in football from practice to the games is planned down to the minute.  So you're telling me that a grown man who plans the teams' lives down to the minute did not have a watch in order to tell what time it was to come out for the game.  I can understand gamesmanship and that's fine, but there are certain things you do not do as a leader and the example for young men to follow...
[/quote]As I stated earlier, YES HE SHOULD HAVE LOOKED AT A WATCH. I didn't say he was completely blameless, I said it wasn't intentional, certainly NOT GAMESMANSHIP! Get over it, your team won the game.

Not taking cheap shots at kids!These kids have since graduated and are men now 8) The comment was made about the coaches teaching by example at BH. Well I'm just saying our football players are not turning into Criminals or lack the eductaion to pass a college course! Our coaches and staff and community at BH do lead by example which would explain why we compete in everything that the UIL can offer and then some. Don't care if you like Gage, BH or not just stating the facts 8)

walking away from soap box while mooning ;D

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1062566" timestamp="1316705346"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=88383.msg1062499#msg1062499 date=1316700165]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=88383.msg1062495#msg1062495 date=1316699711]
Anyone heard how Chambers is doing? Hope he's able to play Friday. They have got to find a way to get that kid some more touches. He can be very elusive!
[/quote] Isn't rule that if you have a concussion you have to sit out for 2 weeks?
[/quote]Tomorrow will be two weeks from the Angleton game  ?
[/quote] Yes

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1062574" timestamp="1316705630"]
Not taking cheap shots at kids!These kids have since graduated and are men now 8) The comment was made about the coaches teaching by example at BH. Well I'm just saying our football players are not turning into Criminals or lack the eductaion to pass a college course! Our coaches and staff and community at BH do lead by example which would explain why we compete in everything that the UIL can offer and then some. Don't care if you like Gage, BH or not just stating the facts 8)

[/quote] Well I guess its a good thing you don't work for the school.. cause you would be fired.. 
  and as are we from Dayton, stating facts... 

[/quote] ;D The mooning is funny stuff. I needed some humor about now.

Bh fan likes to talk about everything other than football on a football forum go figure. He always says daytons poor our kids are uneducated we all live in trailors. I can see one major problem with his statements none of that matters when you step out on the field. It doesnt matter how much money you have or were you live. The bronx are fixing to give your kids a life lesson, money cant buy you everything and when the eagles step out on that field friday and take the whoopin we all know is coming maybe daddy can buy them a new car because they will not ever have a district championship.

Tickets to the Friday night football game-$6
Hot dogs with Grey Poupan-$5 (Thats BH Prices)
Dayton Broncos dealing the BH Eagles their 1st game loss AND 1st loss on their new field -Pricless ;D

Ok lets modify.. better?

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="1062517" timestamp="1316701733"]
I took the broncos minus ten with my carpool buddy from the hill.  I don't think he is going to like wearing a purple shirt into Thriftees to buy me a steak on Monday.  He will enjoy drinking only purple kool aid while we are at work on Monday even less.  Gotta love it!
[/quote]

Dude, the Whataburger cheeseburger I owe you from last year's OR Shootout is a little green with mold but it belongs to you. You want to go double or nothing?

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="1062604" timestamp="1316708540"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=88383.msg1062517#msg1062517 date=1316701733]
I took the broncos minus ten with my carpool buddy from the hill.  I don't think he is going to like wearing a purple shirt into Thriftees to buy me a steak on Monday.  He will enjoy drinking only purple kool aid while we are at work on Monday even less.  Gotta love it!
[/quote]

Dude, the Whataburger cheeseburger I owe you from last year's OR Shootout is a little green with mole but it belongs to you. You want to go double or nothing?
[/quote]

Sounds good to me, but I'm going to want jalapenos added, so get that checkbook ready.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1062598" timestamp="1316707888"]
Tickets to the Friday night football game-$6
Hot dogs with Grey Poupan-$5 (Thats BH Prices)
Dayton Broncos dealing the BH Eagles their 1st game loss AND 1st loss on their new field -Pricless ;D

Ok lets modify.. better?
[/quote]

Grey Poupan will only be sold on the BH side. Dayton will be served the Brown POOPan Hot dogs :-[

Make it da best steak da Outback has on I-10 down the road from BH and I'll bet Dayton wins,thing is BH 89 is the only 1 that will deliver on a bet.Last yr.I bet BHfan I could tell him da score of the Dayt/Bh game (before it ever started).He took da bet and never pd up.BTW I said da score would be 0 to 0-I won.BH 89-I can't get 1 bet out of him this yr.da Ned game finished him off for da yr.bettin.Post your response for future confirmation ;D

[quote name="liltex" post="1062617" timestamp="1316710111"]
Make it da best steak da Outback has on I-10 down the road from BH and I'll bet Dayton wins,thing is BH 89 is the only 1 that will deliver on a bet.Last yr.I bet BHfan I could tell him da score of the Dayt/Bh game (before it ever started).He took da bet and never pd up.BTW I said da score would be 0 to 0-I won.BH 89-I can't get 1 bet out of him this yr.da Ned game finished him off for da yr.bettin.Post your response for future confirmation ;D
[/quote]

Give me 54 points and your on ;D

You are right.  Price did a great job of mentoring those kids over there, but that was not good enough for you all.  Winning, putting kids in school, having a complete athletic program.  Man, it is hard to work for the Hill when you do a great job with what you are given... Gage has proved nothing yet at the Hill.  He has graduated one class and that class was raised by Coach Price.  The jury is still out on Gage and his impact on Barbers Hill.

[/quote]

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="1062623" timestamp="1316710916"]
You are right.  Price did a great job of mentoring those kids over there, but that was not good enough for you all.  Winning, putting kids in school, having a complete athletic program.  Man, it is hard to work for the Hill when you do a great job with what you are given... Gage has proved nothing yet at the Hill.  He has graduated one class and that class was raised by Coach Price.  The jury is still out on Gage and his impact on Barbers Hill.

[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=88383.msg1062574#msg1062574 date=1316705630]

[/quote]
[/quote]Mr. Prices' mortal sin was that he could not compete with the Broncos---Mr. Gage will eventually suffer the same fate.

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="1062623" timestamp="1316710916"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Oh lord one of Prices menions ;D I tell you from my experiance with both men Gage has the nod from me 8) Price did a good job as well teaching an mentoring these kids you can't take that away from him, but Gage is much more personable IMHO. The talks that Gage has done for the kids that are coming up in the BH program to motivate them to being a better player far out weights anything I had seen when Price was here. The jury may still be out, but Gage seems to be a great asset for BH.

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="1062634" timestamp="1316712040"]
[quote author=SETEXFan link=topic=88383.msg1062623#msg1062623 date=1316710916]

[/quote]
[/quote]Mr. Prices' mortal sin was that he could not compete with the Broncos---Mr. Gage will eventually suffer the same fate.
[/quote]

You Broncos are so full of your selfs its just funny ;D If somehow yall could distribute that pride through your whole school you may not have to get your butts kicked through out the year ;D 8)

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1062648" timestamp="1316712839"]
Does anyone know if there will be an A and B freshman game played tonight?  Also, is the JV game at Barbers Hill?
The Bronco Stampede starts soon.
[/quote]There are 2 games @ Bronco Stadium today....

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1062642" timestamp="1316712283"]
[quote author=SETEXFan link=topic=88383.msg1062623#msg1062623 date=1316710916]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Oh lord one of Prices menions ;D I tell you from my experiance with both men Gage has the nod from me 8) Price did a good job as well teaching an mentoring these kids you can't take that away from him, but Gage is much more personable IMHO. The talks that Gage has done for the kids that are coming up in the BH program to motivate them to being a better player far out weights anything I had seen when Price was here. The jury may still be out, but Gage seems to be a great asset for BH.
[/quote]Coach Gage is involved. He doesn't coach from 30yds down the sideline with his arms crossed. The kids love him and the coaches he has brought with him.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder