Beaumont Ozen vs. Beaumont Central predictions

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pirate_pride_07
This is gonna be a great game. Ozen's got there star QB back and Central is looking to make .500 on there schedule. My prediction is a battle between QB's. Who comes out in front? Idk.

I was actually waiting untill next week to post on this matter since we all have bye weeks, but since you guys have brought it up, here we go:

First of all, the name of the thread should be Central vs. Ozen (since Ozen is the Home team this time, for whatever that's worth). 

This could be a classic Soul Bowl matchup here.  Ozen gets their kid dynamite back in Green with other players that should be healthy.  Central have proved that their running attack have picked up with the 2 headed RB combo of Collier/Carter showing promise to take the pressure off of Mitchell.  Ozen will try to attack our young secondary early and often.  Central will try and get their passing attack going as they are due for a breakout game in the air.I think the ex factor will be line play.  Central's D and O lines have clearly dominated the opposition since the memorial game, and I expect them to do the same in this game.  it will be a shootout.

Central - 41

Ozen - 37

Even with Ozen getting all their players back and fully healthy, they'll be rusty coming out on the field for the first time.... Should be a fun battle of the quarterbacks with Mitchell and Green....

This is the kind of game Ozen needs to win if they want to be considered a true contender for a playoff spot.... Central needs to win this game to get a jump start on a playoff spot.... Lots on the line in this one, not to mention bragging rights.....

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="CHSJAGS1999" post="1056655" timestamp="1316008791"]
Jags all the way!!! Playing 2 (5A) tough teams (week 0 & week 1) and a great contender (week 2), the Jags are ready.
[/quote]
I wouldn't say Galveston Ball is a great contender. They are 0-3 and coming off a 1-8 season from last year.

the winner of the game will be the team who can put aside the cross town rival hype and emotions and make the less mistakes. should be a great game since both teams have d1 qbs. the team that plays 48 mins. will win in the past that edge has belonged to the jags just hope the panthers come to play in the second half this year and finally seal the deal.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1056718" timestamp="1316013957"]
[quote author=CHSJAGS1999 link=topic=88139.msg1056655#msg1056655 date=1316008791]
Jags all the way!!! Playing 2 (5A) tough teams (week 0 & week 1) and a great contender (week 2), the Jags are ready.
[/quote]
I wouldn't say Galveston Ball is a great contender. They are 0-3 and coming off a 1-8 season from last year.
[/quote]He's talking about 5a Memorial and 5a West Brook win week 0 and 1 respectively.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1056828" timestamp="1316021865"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=88139.msg1056718#msg1056718 date=1316013957]
[quote author=CHSJAGS1999 link=topic=88139.msg1056655#msg1056655 date=1316008791]
[/quote]
[/quote]He's talking about 5a Memorial and 5a West Brook win week 0 and 1 respectively.
[/quote]
Ozen played the same 2 teams also. Lots of film to prep with for both teams.

[quote name="ozens fastest@1906" post="1056871" timestamp="1316024501"]
You have all of last year too know what Green is capale of duh!!! Oh and just look at the what the enterprise had to say about last weekenn 66-6. 4 T.D.'s ENOUGH said
[/quote]Can't base it off of last year.  This year, there are probably different plays ran.  Ozen probably have different tendencies.  And most importantly, Green is probably a whole lot better than he was last year.  Same as Mitchell.  He's a year more advanced.  This could be interesting.  I still say we win by a score in a high scoring one. 

I think it will be high scoring, probably close to that 35-31 score you posted BrenhamFan, but I'm not ready to make my pick yet lol.... May not, I'll be broadcasting the game....

But I will say that I think this game will be an outstanding one if both teams show up ready to play!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder