Almost 1,000 yards rushing

STINGER

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1054741" timestamp="1315764560"]
You know i'm willing to bet that if Twine had the same program and budget and training and coaches and oppurtunities as gray that he would be just as good in that school as gray is if not better but yet he's doing in with a smaller school and less money. Never doubt a man's skill because of the school he is from or how good the team's he plays against are.
[/quote]

what this kid is doing is special.. nothing but respect from me.. but lets not compare him to j. gray just yet..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest momof2hornets
[quote name="dodiej" post="1056794" timestamp="1316019581"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=88043.msg1054741#msg1054741 date=1315764560]
You know i'm willing to bet that if Twine had the same program and budget and training and coaches and oppurtunities as gray that he would be just as good in that school as gray is if not better but yet he's doing in with a smaller school and less money. Never doubt a man's skill because of the school he is from or how good the team's he plays against are.
[/quote]

what this kid is doing is special.. nothing but respect from me.. but lets not compare him to j. gray just yet..
[/quote]

Yes, he's doing good for a 15 year old kid. Respect to both athletes.

As a longtime sportswriter I have seen a lot of high school football. One of my favorite kids to watch was Jeff Spikes in Burkeville. He ran for more than 3,000 yards in 1994. Won the Willie Ray Smith Award that year, I believe. They would run a misdirection out of a wishbone and before you could find him, he'd be gone.
Thing is ... he only played the first half of most games he was in ... which showed the coach had some class and some caring for the health of his athletes.

[quote name="gdickert" post="1057021" timestamp="1316035095"]
As a longtime sportswriter I have seen a lot of high school football. One of my favorite kids to watch was Jeff Spikes in Burkeville. He ran for more than 3,000 yards in 1994. Won the Willie Ray Smith Award that year, I believe. They would run a misdirection out of a wishbone and before you could find him, he'd be gone.
Thing is ... he only played the first half of most games he was in ... which showed the coach had some class and some caring for the health of his athletes.
[/quote]I played against Jeff Spikes and he was a BEAST but this Twine kid is better and only in the 10th grade.  I'm not from Hemphill just stating what I have seen from him, as a sportswriter you should go check him out.

I think another thing everyone is forgetting is that this kid is going to be a monster baseball player too! He hit 9 homers as a freshman and threw in the 80's already. I watched him hit 3 in one game against West Orange Stark an a Jasper tournament before our game. All around incredible athelete.

Guest momof2hornets
[quote name="stigers12" post="1057387" timestamp="1316094832"]
I think another thing everyone is forgetting is that this kid is going to be a monster baseball player too! He hit 9 homers as a freshman and threw in the 80's already. I watched him hit 3 in one game against West Orange Stark an a Jasper tournament before our game. All around incredible athelete.
[/quote]

Baseball is what he loves to do! He plays for Ray DeLeon of the Houston Banditos, a great program.

[quote name="greenhornet" post="1057509" timestamp="1316109877"]
[quote author=stigers12 link=topic=88043.msg1057387#msg1057387 date=1316094832]
[/quote]

Baseball is what he loves to do! He plays for Ray DeLeon of the Houston Banditos, a great program.
[/quote]

Yes the banditos are an excellent program. I played for them when I was in hs.

Hats off to both the Twine brothers for an amazing game tonight in Buna.  Jordan is good, but Justin is simply amazing.  Not sure how tough he is to bring down, because we couldn't catch him to bring him down.  Outstanding perfomance gentlemen.  Mr. Twine completely lived up to the hype.  Good luck on the rest of your season.  It was a pleasure to watch you guys tonight.  Amazing game, 64-60 Buna, simply amazing game.  The fourth quarter was like 6 man football.  Back and forth. 

[quote name="cougars" post="1054594" timestamp="1315717581"]
obviously gray's yard are more respectable... he is a runningback playing 5A football... are this QB's yard from scrambling or designed running plays??? how good was that team they beat scoring 77? they are like 3A right?
[/quote]

Is it to late to change my mind on this kid???? outstanding game! I can not believe he is a sophmore.. I really wanna follow this kid see how far he makes it.

[quote name="cougars" post="1058880" timestamp="1316238137"]
[quote author=cougars link=topic=88043.msg1054594#msg1054594 date=1315717581]
obviously gray's yard are more respectable... he is a runningback playing 5A football... are this QB's yard from scrambling or designed running plays??? how good was that team they beat scoring 77? they are like 3A right?
[/quote]

Is it to late to change my mind on this kid???? outstanding game! I can not believe he is a sophmore.. I really wanna follow this kid see how far he makes it.
[/quote]great post

[quote name="cougars" post="1054594" timestamp="1315717581"]
[/quote]No dog in this hunt .... BUT ..... yards are yards .... 11 on 11 right ... the games he is having and the yards he is putting up, I am sure, are just as hard as Gray's ... (by the way Aledo is 4A, dufus) ... Another one of those big school ...we are superior, people ... GEEZ

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="1059140" timestamp="1316283519"]
[quote author=cougars link=topic=88043.msg1054594#msg1054594 date=1315717581]
[/quote]No dog in this hunt .... BUT ..... yards are yards .... 11 on 11 right ... the games he is having and the yards he is putting up, I am sure, are just as hard as Gray's ... (by the way Aledo is 4A, dufus) ... Another one of those big school ...we are superior, people ... GEEZ
[/quote]
you dummy i already retracted that statement! haha

Twine is on pace to set a national record in rushing yards as a sophomore. If this kid keeps his grades up, and plays like this over the next two years be could be a very serious D1 recruit. I don't feel he will be a college QB but maybe. Percy Harvin type back. Would like to see what he could do if he were at a 4A or even 3A school. Is he originally from Hemphill?

I shudder to think how many MORE yards he would have if he had the O-line that Gray and Aledo does. This kid sounds like a freight train as he runs by you! Everyone in the stadium(in the COUNTY, for that matter) at Buna Friday night KNEW he was getting the ball and he still went for 475, I believe. Amazing athlete! And West Sabine is a 1A school, for all those that were asking. We had so much respect for his kick return abilities we never punted or kicked it to him the entire night.

[quote name="bulldogs1990" post="1062446" timestamp="1316692999"]
This kid is amazing but if u think hes good on the football field go watch him play baseball u will have 5 or 6 MLB recruites there they all are wanting this kid he will be number 1 draft pick in baseball out of high school his mom says he plays football to keep in shape
[/quote]

Kinda early to say he will be the number 1 pick. He hasent even played his sophmore year yet.

[quote name="SlickWick" post="1062582" timestamp="1316706077"]
In my opinion this kid is overrated, he has played three teams that if they were combined wld probably rate 6 or lower on a scale of 1-10. When he plays someone good they gonna bust em in the mouth and everyone will find out that hes overated
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure buna is a good team I even think they got a few votes in the last ap poll.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder