Barbers Hill vs. Nederland Game Thread/BH wins in OT!

WOSgrad

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1053560" timestamp="1315623569"]
Raines has a possible concussion. I was told it was a late hit out of bounds and his head hit a piece of the concrete holding the benches. Sounded like a cheap shot from what I was told.
[/quote]

It was!

Barbers Hill outplayed us. Hats of to their LB corp. Except for the hit way out of bounds, they played a very physical game. Ned had their chance to winin regulation, but it just wasn't meant to be.

I may see something different on replay but what was with the bogus offensive pass interference call on the dogs td pass in ot? The receiver had inside leverage and the DB cut off the route! And the field goal in regulation was good! Complete classlessness and unsportsmanship by BH tonight.. Raines was several yards out of bounds when the defender plowed him into the bench. He deserved to get his ass kicked..

[quote name="TribePride75" post="1053626" timestamp="1315624867"]
Keep your heads up Nederland played a close one... we know the feeling here lately in the Purple Nation! Get em next week.
[/quote]

I agree, Dogs.  Hold your heads up!  Take it to 'em next week!  Prayers from The Reservation for Raines.

Guest TribePride75
Is it just me or has Nederland lost a QB to injury every season for the last decade? and they still find ways to win! Hope this isnt the case for Raines. Congrats BH

What a game. Both teams deserve to win. The late hit was a late hit. I blame both teams for the little skirmish. I was behind the field goal thinking I was about to leave and there is no question it was about two feet wide. The pass interference on nederland was a good call was surprised it was called in that situation. Usually let them go in that situation but both teams should be proud of there effort.

[quote name="bucketdad" post="1053669" timestamp="1315626031"]
[quote author=Mr. E link=topic=88012.msg1053664#msg1053664 date=1315625771]
It was a late hit, but I can assure you it wasn't intentional. Good victory for the eagles!
[/quote]

It was obviously intentional and classless.
[/quote]Well that's your opinion... But the fact is bh won

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1053623" timestamp="1315624844"]
I may see something different on replay but what was with the bogus offensive pass interference call on the dogs td pass in ot? The receiver had inside leverage and the DB cut off the route! And the field goal in regulation was good! Complete classlessness and unsportsmanship by BH tonight.. Raines was several yards out of bounds when the defender plowed him into the bench. He deserved to get his butt kicked..
[/quote]

Not sure about the field goal, couldn't tell from my angle, but it was close. However, you would think the highest paid football coach in the area would know to move the ball to the center of the field before you try a field goal.

Kimler made a clean catch, he beat the DB fair and square.

The late hit was classless. Hope Raines is o.k. It's one thing to get hit on the field, it's another to get hit late and have your head knocked into the concrete. The young man from BH should be suspended for the rest of the year. The hit was completely uncalled for.

[quote name="Mr. E" post="1053674" timestamp="1315626469"]
[quote author=bucketdad link=topic=88012.msg1053669#msg1053669 date=1315626031]
[quote author=Mr. E link=topic=88012.msg1053664#msg1053664 date=1315625771]
It was a late hit, but I can assure you it wasn't intentional. Good victory for the eagles!
[/quote]

It was obviously intentional and classless.
[/quote]Well that's your opinion... But the fact is bh won
[/quote]
If you have to win that way, you can have it.

[quote name="bhringo" post="1053696" timestamp="1315627146"]
Well then maybe y'all should switch to flag football. People don't get hurt there. It's freaking football. Its a physical game that people get hurt in. You just need to learn to deal with it. And yalls backup QB did great tonight. He can lead y'all to playoffs easily.
[/quote]

Its called rules, class, and sportsman ship. Getting hit on the field is on the field is one thing. Getting hit from behind several yards out of bounds into concrete is another thing. Its not UFC or street fighting..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder