Porter vs. Liberty Game Thread/Liberty wins!

WOSgrad

Liberty put it on Porter this evening on both sides of the ball. Porter had like 4 plays they tried to run. Tackling was not good. Porter was not coached well at all! Liberty looked good!
I do have a question......what is the purpose of having Liberty take off his 76 jersey during the 3rd quarter and put on 82? IS THAT LEGAL?

#76 is a tight end that had to slide into a tackle position tonight.  The starting TE, #45, was hurt on a play.  A backup line was sent in for #76, but for the backup TE to come in, he needed the correct #.  He is normally #82 at TE.  It is legal. 

Way to knock them out PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Good win Liberty, and way to start the season off strong. The only problem I have with this, is the Panthers have scheduled weak teams to start the season, and haven't really played any good competition! They never scheduled great teams, but I miss playing Bridge City and Hamshire Fannett (which was usually a good game)! But am I the only one who thinks they should start putting them back on the schedule? It can only help seeing as its pre-district!

Not taking anything away from the Panthers because they have whipped up on the teams they have played but the Trojans and WOS (come playoffs) are going to be a little bit better than Hardin, and Huntington!

Guest trigger21
My shop team could beat porter. Really deal? Man up and play someone........Where were all you people last few years? Panther fan is a true fan but the rest of you? Fickle

[quote name="trigger21" post="1053979" timestamp="1315663083"]
My shop team could beat porter. Really deal? Man up and play someone........Where were all you people last few years? Panther fan is a true fan but the rest of you? Fickle
[/quote] So... We are fickle fans because we didn't have setxsports accounts.. to post about football.. online... Wow that was dumb!

[quote name="trigger21" post="1053979" timestamp="1315663083"]
[/quote]
I've been here, lol and Porter is a 4A team and Liberty is a 3A it't not like we just played a 1A school? And last week everyone was saying how Porter would be "Liberty's first test" now that Liberty beat them easily everyone is saying that they were just terrible lol. And it's Deel not Deal, oh and btw HF until this year has been terrible and up until last season Liberty did have BC, HF and Orangefield on the schedule, but why schedule teams you play in the playoffs? Pointless.

[quote name="3apantherfan" post="1053832" timestamp="1315634225"]
Good win Liberty, and way to start the season off strong. The only problem I have with this, is the Panthers have scheduled weak teams to start the season, and haven't really played any good competition! They never scheduled great teams, but I miss playing Bridge City and Hamshire Fannett (which was usually a good game)! But am I the only one who thinks they should start putting them back on the schedule? It can only help seeing as its pre-district!

Not taking anything away from the Panthers because they have whipped up on the teams they have played but the Trojans and WOS (come playoffs) are going to be a little bit better than Hardin, and Huntington!
[/quote]
I'm sure they are aware. Liberty has the talent this year to play with those teams, but they have to keep getting better and better every week if they want to beat these playoff teams. They are 3-0 and they have scored 40+ and only allowed 1td in 3 games, but they still have not played to their full potential, but that's fine considering it is only week 3, so as long as they don't get too comfortable with their wins and they keep getting better they should be fine.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1054160" timestamp="1315682768"]
Well I never thought porter would be a "test" for liberty especially since it is only thier 2nd year of football. Kelly however will be a test for liberty. Gonna be intersting to see how the do.
[/quote]
Yeah, I remembered fanatic saying that Porter wasn't going to be a test, but as for basically everyone else you all said Porter would be, then they got destroyed and now it's because they suck, not to make Liberty seem great for beating them just saying you all said they were descent and now they're not. Oh well, I saw Kelly scrimmage Hardin, and unless they have improved MAJORLY,  Liberty should take this one as well if they can work hard and get better this week.

[quote name="SetX6" post="1054161" timestamp="1315683174"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=87992.msg1054160#msg1054160 date=1315682768]
Well I never thought porter would be a "test" for liberty especially since it is only thier 2nd year of football. Kelly however will be a test for liberty. Gonna be intersting to see how the do.
[/quote]
Yeah, I remembered fanatic saying that Porter wasn't going to be a test, but as for basically everyone else you all said Porter would be, then they got destroyed and now it's because they suck, not to make Liberty seem great for beating them just saying you all said they were descent and now they're not. Oh well, I saw Kelly scrimmage Hardin, and unless they have improved MAJORLY,  Liberty should take this one as well if they can work hard and get better this week.
[/quote]

Yeah so can some of the liberty fans tell me why at halftime yhe score was 7-0 and then they exploded in the second half

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1054165" timestamp="1315683865"]
[quote author=SetX6 link=topic=87992.msg1054161#msg1054161 date=1315683174]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=87992.msg1054160#msg1054160 date=1315682768]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yeah so can some of the liberty fans tell me why at halftime yhe score was 7-0 and then they exploded in the second half
[/quote] Penalties

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder