Nederland vs. Lamar Consolidated Predictions?

KFDM COOP

Without a doubt, they are the DI team to beat in Region III. I don't think that any Nederland player, coach, or fan would tell you anything different. Last night, the Bulldogs played their most complete game so far this season - offense, defense, and special teams. It was incredible to watch. You would have had to be there to know what I am talking about. What the Dogs did last night was enough to give us all hope that maybe, just maybe, we can pull off another upset, like we did against #2 Friendswood in 2001.

Last night's game gives us a glimer of hope.

Way to go Dogs!!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt' date=' they are [b']the DI team to beat in Region III. I don't think that any Nederland player, coach, or fan would tell you anything different. Last night, the Bulldogs played their most complete game so far this season - offense, defense, and special teams. It was incredible to watch. You would have had to be there to know what I am talking about. What the Dogs did last night was enough to give us all hope that maybe, just maybe, we can pull off another upset, like we did against #2 Friendswood in 2001.

Last night's game gives us a glimer of hope.

Way to go Dogs!!!

You're exactly right. That friendswood game was freakin sweet and I have a feeling we're going to have another "Friendswood game" coming up this saturday...(HOPEFULLY NOT ANOTHER ONE OF THEM DOUBLE OVERTIME GAMES WE'VE HAD WITH THEM LAST YEAR AND THE YEAR BEFORE :roll: !)

I know that Lamar Cons. is a very good football team but Nederland has made a believer out of me. I was was impressed with your team last night and look forward to watching you guys this weekend. All they way from your band, Coaches, players, and support of your team speaks volumes about the character of your town. Win or loose you should be very proud of your football program.

Hard to call this game Everyone new Nederland would beat GP heck the last place team in 22- 4a would have beat them. However LC Is a running team just like waller and Central and Vidor and Lamarque and Dayton. So i see the odds in LC favor but will have to root for the Hometown team.

Just curious Zone, how do you know who can beat who, and how did anyone K-N-O-W that Nederland would win? GP was a run team and we snuffed it out....which begs to ask, just how many teams are not running teams? You can probably name a few, but not any we have played, so what's the point?

I like being the underdog. It takes a lot of pressure off.

I know that Lamar Cons. is a very good football team but Nederland has made a believer out of me. I was was impressed with your team last night and look forward to watching you guys this weekend. All they way from your band' date=' Coaches, players, and support of your team speaks volumes about the character of your town. Win or loose you should be very proud of your football program.[/quote']

Thanks etbu for the kudo's.

I was little shocked in Galena Park's crowd size. To be honest, no matter if it was Vidor, LCM, Lumberton, Central or Ozen they would have brought out more people than GP, plus given you a halftime show you would enjoy.

PNG's crowd would have been similar to Nederland's.

As hard as you guys play you will be fine and who knows what will happen? I have seen some pretty good teams out of East Texas over the last three to four years and you guys can HANG. I do not predict games but I like your chances. I have a son that is a soph and I want him to watch D. Johnson. :shock:

I think on paper that LC is a good 2-3 TD favorite over Nederland. I think they look comparable to Dayton on paper. I will say this, Ned's defense showed something last night that I have not seen all year. 48 mins of intensity and hardly any missed tackles. Problem is, I think every team in our district would have beaten GP. I won't predict on this one because I refuse to pick against the Dogs, but we are a sizeable underdog here. If we play defense like last night and get Mosley going early, then this might be a ballgame and you never know!

Guest TravelingBandsman

Here's a word of advice, force them to pass. They're running game is one of the best around, but get them to pass, it might give you an opportunity. Your guys need to watch those runs.

Lamar - 48

Nederland - 31

I really hope Nederland pulls this out and wins.

Alright Nederland Fans!!!!!!! What did ya'll do with our favorite person in the forum' date=' piratefan?? We all miss him soooooo much. The forum is sooooo boring without him!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:[/quote']

Oh I am still here..Just watching the posts.

My point is in case you didnt K-N-O-W (hey i can do that to) A strong run team has givin Nederland problems thats my point. And yes GP gets in the play-offs because of their district they wouldnt make it any where else. There does that point it out.

Not really. So GP wouldn't make the playoffs in any other district? Simply amazing. How can anybody possibly know that?

This is the playoffs. Whoever lines up across from us, deserves to be there and we should try our best to take it to them. I refuse to lessen the validity of our wins by belittling the opponent. If for some reason, the opponent is outmatched, then the score should reflect that fact....voila....48-7. It does not, however, indicate that every team in our district could duplicate that effort.

Guest PurplePride

:D Can't remember which poster always talks about going in with confidence etc. VERY GOOD ADVICE! Say it again please! :D

:D I'm pulling for NEDERLAND and I am BELIEVING yall will WIN! :D

GOOD LUCK! :D

GO BRONCOS GO BULLDOGS GO JAGUARS! :D

Guest Cherokee Nation

Bay City and Friendswood did not play well this year and there was no one else on their schedule.

I think this team may be just a little over rated. Good yes' date=' but not Goliath. I think they are very beatable, I dont think they are as good as Dayton was by any scope.[/quote']

Friendswood played well enough to beat Dayton. They handled them in non-district. Lamar Consolidated is good. I say 3-4 TD's.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder