Port Neches-Groves vs. Crosby Game Thread/Crosby wins!

WOSgrad

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1048430" timestamp="1315055968"]
[quote author=RED MACHINE link=topic=87649.msg1048415#msg1048415 date=1315054425]
Crosby wore away uni's because last years seniors stole the home jerseys & the new ones haven't come in.
[/quote]
Every other year they get new jerseys and it alternates. New Homes this year, Aways next year. After two years of using them, they get ripped up, etc. Not buying the story about all of them getting stolen. Don't some teams let seniors keep their outgoing jersey, if new ones are being ordered?
[/quote]

Believe what you want but I have a son on the Team & that is what he told me Thursday night when jersey's were handed out. Now if you have a more reliable source PLEASE let me know.

The problem with Bertrand is that when defense keys on you it is hard to run. That iwhy Arvey comes in or Womack. You noticed when he came in it took prssure of Chase and he ran better. Arvey (sp?) Is going to play more and is a great runner. The line did well. Hand it to Crosby their backs are awesome. They'll surprise 19 4 a

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1047892" timestamp="1315017317"]
PNG defense sounds soft tonight. They better tighten up!!!
[/quote]

First of all, I dont understand why everyone thought Crosby was going to be easy. After I saw the scout film on them I knew it would be very tough. They are as big, fast and athletic as Memorial. Crosby has some serious players but from what I understand they are young. Our team may have been a little over confident but the fact is their speed and quickness was hard for us to handle. The QB and RB were very quick. As far as our defense being soft, our defense is not soft. Those kids played their hearts out, they did the best they could. Yes they do need to work on tackling and I'm sure they will. Our kids on both sides of the ball had no quit in them, it just didn't go our way. These kids have heart and that's a very important factor as to what kind of team we have. We will be fine, we are in a very tough district and were going to have to fight for every win. As far as seeing that kind of speed and quickness, we will see it again in district there are a few teams with that kind of speed. Good Luck Indians and keep grinding....

Tough loss last night, crosby had some good speed out there in there QB and running backs. Poor tackling by our defense and poor linebacker play is our downfall. We didn't really put any pressure on them in the backfield and 350 yards later it showed we need some more practice. Bothh teams played their hearts out but I think I would like to see that matchup again in the playoffs providing we both make it. I expected a lot of people got a rude awakening when they saw png's defense get shredded up last night.  People predicting that lopp sided score must have swallowed to much grape koolaid out there in that heat. We have a lot of things we need to improve on, thanks for Crosby exposes some weaknesses in our armour and bringing some of these people back to earth. I don't know what is in store for the indians but we do have room for improvement no doubt. Couldn't have asked for a more exciting game to watch especially in the fourth quarter, can't remeber the last time we ran back a kickoff, who would of thunk it? Ready for next weeks home game can't wait to see chapter 3!

[quote name="rhollier384" post="1048702" timestamp="1315080796"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=87649.msg1047892#msg1047892 date=1315017317]
PNG defense sounds soft tonight. They better tighten up!!!
[/quote]

First of all, I dont understand why everyone thought Crosby was going to be easy. After I saw the scout film on them I knew it would be very tough. They are as big, fast and athletic as Memorial. Crosby has some serious players but from what I understand they are young. Our team may have been a little over confident but the fact is their speed and quickness was hard for us to handle. The QB and RB were very quick. As far as our defense being soft, our defense is not soft. Those kids played their hearts out, they did the best they could. Yes they do need to work on tackling and I'm sure they will. Our kids on both sides of the ball had no quit in them, it just didn't go our way. These kids have heart and that's a very important factor as to what kind of team we have. We will be fine, we are in a very tough district and were going to have to fight for every win. As far as seeing that kind of speed and quickness, we will see it again in district there are a few teams with that kind of speed. Good Luck Indians and keep grinding....
[/quote]

Great post. I will point one thing out, from where im sitting its not tackling its bad angles, everyone was taking wide angles to the backs which makes it very easy to make a strong cut and wooof ur behind the back. The backs weren't breaking tackles they moved some piles, but i really don't think that many tackles where broken, more clean misses, or expect the back to take it out wide, then he cut back.

Don't be hard on the kids they had to be the FIRST to see those twins in action (settled in unlike against montgomery i think they grew up in that second half just a bit) Maybe this loss will be a good thing for PNG going forward like i think our loss to montgomery was for us. Dawson will be a good preview (defensively) of an active and energetic team with a ton of talent on that side of the ball, hoping to see us put some points on the board against them.

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1048757" timestamp="1315088724"]
Tough loss last night, crosby had some good speed out there in there QB and running backs. Poor tackling by our defense and poor linebacker play is our downfall. We didn't really put any pressure on them in the backfield and 350 yards later it showed we need some more practice. Bothh teams played their hearts out but I think I would like to see that matchup again in the playoffs providing we both make it. I expected a lot of people got a rude awakening when they saw png's defense get shredded up last night.  People predicting that lopp sided score must have swallowed to much grape koolaid out there in that heat. We have a lot of things we need to improve on, thanks for Crosby exposes some weaknesses in our armour and bringing some of these people back to earth. I don't know what is in store for the indians but we do have room for improvement no doubt. Couldn't have asked for a more exciting game to watch especially in the fourth quarter, can't remeber the last time we ran back a kickoff, who would of thunk it? Ready for next weeks home game can't wait to see chapter 3!
[/quote]
First off does anybody realize we have a back that rushed for 2000 yards last year. I completely understand the QB Miller running in the Offense this year its an added weapon but our horse needs more touches period. 12 CARRIES LAST GAME AND 9 THE WEEK BEFORE ISNT GOING TO CUT IT. Anybody who knows football knows if you can run the ball you control the game period. But our problem is on the other side of the ball we are too small everywhere and our Defense got wore out the other nite and the result is arm tackling that results in missed tackles which in turns becomes huges plays. Our DC needs to take some blitz opprotunitys when we have the chance to, to get our Def off the field faster. I have been to both games and we havent blitzed 1 time nor do we even get in a goaline package inside the 10 yardline. I like the fact our staff tries not to play kids both ways but this year we dont have the size on defense and we may need to look at playing some lineman both ways and a couple of the skill posistion kids as well to help out the Def. This team has a chance to be special i just hope our staff makes the changes that is needed to get them there.

[quote name="Half Indian/Wildcat" post="1049743" timestamp="1315193213"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=87649.msg1048757#msg1048757 date=1315088724]
[/quote]
First off does anybody realize we have a back that rushed for 2000 yards last year. I completely understand the QB Miller running in the Offense this year its an added weapon but our horse needs more touches period. 12 CARRIES LAST GAME AND 9 THE WEEK BEFORE ISNT GOING TO CUT IT. Anybody who knows football knows if you can run the ball you control the game period. But our problem is on the other side of the ball we are too small everywhere and our Defense got wore out the other nite and the result is arm tackling that results in missed tackles which in turns becomes huges plays. Our DC needs to take some blitz opprotunitys when we have the chance to, to get our Def off the field faster. I have been to both games and we havent blitzed 1 time nor do we even get in a goaline package inside the 10 yardline. I like the fact our staff tries not to play kids both ways but this year we dont have the size on defense and we may need to look at playing some lineman both ways and a couple of the skill posistion kids as well to help out the Def. This team has a chance to be special i just hope our staff makes the changes that is needed to get them there.
[/quote]

what on earth are they blitzing? the Running game full of options? If you blitz and option offense you lose period. The cougars throw a ton of Bubble screens... and on 2 of them they went 20+ because of outside linebackers BLITZING. I've seen 1 PNG game and they blitz on passing downs, guess what... weren't very many of those as the cougs where getting 3-6 yards every run. Also will point out, the 80 yard run by our back had a corner on the WRONG SIDE OF THE FIELD blitzing.

As for 12 Carries for Bertrand, he wasn't very effective in those carries the line is simply not as good as the GREAT line he had last year, the QB was the only one consistently moving the ball. Faircloth and his staff understand football. You apparently do not.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86