Port Neches-Groves vs. Crosby Game Thread/Crosby wins!

WOSgrad

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1048052" timestamp="1315019645"]
Wow, what a game. Crosby had the momentum. PNG D sounded soft. Can't stop Crosby on several 4th down plays and then let Crosby break a long TD towards the end. NDNS will need to find some D before District. Congrats Coogs on the win.
[/quote]
U guys will be fine... 8)

Good game Crosby. PNG has not had good linbacker play in two years since Benoit and Kerr graduated. Our defense was always built arount strong linebackers, but we have struggled in that department in the lst two years. Good game Chase Romero but you are having to make way too many tackles from the secondary. Bright spots.... Miller looked good running. He's still a little strong armed on his passes though.

Some areas that need attention were exposed and will be addressed I am sure of that. I am confident Coach Cox will see to that. That's what non district games are for. The defense looks better than it did at this time last year and we finished very good. Once again congrats and good game Cougars.

Guest TribePride75
[quote name="pngfan1" post="1048099" timestamp="1315020405"]
Good game Crosby. PNG has not had good linbacker play in two years since Benoit and Kerr graduated. Our defense was always built arount strong linebackers, but we have struggled in that department in the lst two years. Good game Chase Romero but you are having to make way too many tackles from the secondary. Bright spots.... Miller looked good running. He's still a little strong armed on his passes though.

Some areas that need attention were exposed and will be addressed I am sure of that. I am confident Coach Cox will see to that. That's what non district games are for. The defense looks better than it did at this time last year and we finished very good. Once again congrats and good game Cougars.
[/quote] Good post

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1048052" timestamp="1315019645"]
Wow, what a game. Crosby had the momentum. PNG D sounded soft. Can't stop Crosby on several 4th down plays and then let Crosby break a long TD towards the end. NDNS will need to find some D before District. Congrats Coogs on the win.
[/quote]

The defense was playing ok but Crosby's line was stout tonight and the RECEIVERS WERE BLOCKING! not to mention that last td run had a HUGE block my the QB Aston Walker.

This was 2 offenses controlling the game through the run, don't call ur kids soft it wasn't that they played their tails off people need to face the facts i believe i'll quote myself "Crosby has the talent to play with anyone" they're just very young, but that youth today seemed to be explosive and made veteran plays, the Walker twins are very intelligent kids and they are lightning quick.

But it was the defense that won this game 2 HUGE stops late one to get the ball back after a field goal and the other to win the game.

The special teams had 1 mistake and they ndn's made them pay for it. Great game, but it was 2 evenly matched teams slugging it out and the cougs defense showed heart.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1048111" timestamp="1315020636"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=87649.msg1048052#msg1048052 date=1315019645]
[/quote]

The defense was playing ok but Crosby's line was stout tonight and the RECEIVERS WERE BLOCKING! not to mention that last td run had a HUGE block my the QB Aston Walker.

This was 2 offenses controlling the game through the run, don't call ur kids soft it wasn't that they played their tails off people need to face the facts i believe i'll quote myself "Crosby has the talent to play with anyone" they're just very young, but that youth today seemed to be explosive and made veteran plays, the Walker twins are very intelligent kids and they are lightning quick.

But it was the defense that won this game 2 HUGE stops late one to get the ball back after a field goal and the other to win the game.

The special teams had 1 mistake and they ndn's made them pay for it. Great game, but it was 2 evenly matched teams slugging it out and the cougs defense showed heart.
[/quote]

Good game by a young Crosby squad , congrats to ya'll. It was a good game, maybe destiny will let us see a rematch in the playoffs. Good luck to Crosby the rest of the way.

Ahh my stupid phone died at the best part of the game lol
But man, what a game! Props to indians for playing a good game. I know their better than what they showed tonight and they'll definitely be a contender in 20 4a.
Can't say enough about them coogs...finally have a balanced offense and the defense looked good. 19 4a should be fun to watch this year

I think Crosby was the better team tonight.  Great win by the Coogs!!

Hopefully, PN-G can address some areas that need some work and fine tune it in preparation for district.  Good luck to Crosby  - you have a good team!

IMO, this is on the coaching staff!  WTF were they thinking?  Last year they don't take a fairly easy FG and they lose to GP by 1.  This year, late in the 4th, they kick the PAT to go up by 6, instead of going for 2, which would have put PNG up 7. (up 5 if they didn't get it...  Which is just as good as 6) Result.... Another 1 point loss!  SMH.....  Let the negative karma rip, but that needed to be said....

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1048143" timestamp="1315021309"]
IMO, this is on the coaching staff!  what the heck were they thinking?  Last year they don't take a fairly easy FG and they lose to GP by 1.  This year, late in the 4th, they kick the PAT to go up by 6, instead of going for 2, which would have put PNG up 7. (up 5 if they didn't get it...  Which is just as good as 6) Result.... Another 1 point loss!  SMH.....  Let the negative karma rip, but that needed to be said....
[/quote]

Honestly probably wouldn't have changed anything the cougs were clearly in fg territory at the end of the game. I don't think it would have mattered at all. but its questionable.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1048148" timestamp="1315021432"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=87649.msg1048143#msg1048143 date=1315021309]
IMO, this is on the coaching staff!  what the heck were they thinking?  Last year they don't take a fairly easy FG and they lose to GP by 1.  This year, late in the 4th, they kick the PAT to go up by 6, instead of going for 2, which would have put PNG up 7. (up 5 if they didn't get it...  Which is just as good as 6) Result.... Another 1 point loss!  SMH.....  Let the negative karma rip, but that needed to be said....
[/quote]

Honestly probably wouldn't have changed anything the cougs were clearly in fg territory at the end of the game. I don't think it would have mattered at all. but its questionable.
[/quote]

Probably, but they would have had a chance to block the kick or hope for a bad snap.  Atleast they stood a chance that way.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw