Baytown Lee vs. Baytown Sterling Game Thread/Lee wins!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a bummer for a sterling grad...it was obvious they were in trouble when they were only up one td at half and lee had turned it over so many times...gonna take a while for them to get that offense down...may be a rough year but hopefully this coach can turn them around...

I liked McWhirter last year, and I like him even more this year.  He's the kinda guy that would be all-district at Dayton.
Don't have enough structure around him for him to reach his potential at Sterling.

I hear Sterling has a great freshman class coming, but I just wonder where the heck are the athletes for Sterling?
They just don't have much outside of the obvious Gibson. 

Lee will have an excellent offense i they can get in sync and cut down the mistakes.  Huge if for a Lee Gander team these days.
I think they have too many athletes on offense honestly.  The Gomez kid, I think that's his name, never really gets the ball.  Between Landry, Zellars, Richardson and Johnson, they have enough athletes to move the ball down the field on offense.
I would switch the other kid over to outside linebacker maybe and move Kion inside.
He would be of much more use on that side with his athleticism than he is being the 5th or 6th option on offense.

How did Lee score in the second half?
I had too far of a drive to get home, plus I am driving to Chicago tomorrow or the day after, so I need my rest.

the Sterling QB can play and has a pretty good arm, but he isnt gonna be used that way in their new offense...just the way it goes, i saw this offense growing up in Liberty, when it works and you have a decent defense then its hard for anyone to beat you but if your just ok at it then you can get destroyed...once your 2 scores behind thats it...they didnt get the ball to Gibson one time on offense i dont think, when your best player doesn't touch the ball but on special teams then it is hard to win...

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1042141" timestamp="1314414437"]
I had too far of a drive to get home, plus I am driving to Chicago tomorrow or the day after, so I need my rest.
[/quote]

long pass to tie and it seemed like that broke sterling's back or something...next drive sterling fumbled and Lee had a short field and scored a TD then Lee kicked a kinda short pooch kickoff and it went off a Sterling kid's chest and bounced to a Lee kid...Lee drove down the field and put it away really...

the Lee QB reminds me of Roberson some, he has some talent and is slippery when he runs...

Lee has some players on offense and has a pretty big line. Richardson didnt do much because it seemed to me they had others that could pull the weight.

Sterling, I just dont get the offense. Why run a offense that gives the kids zero chance to move to the next level and quite frankly, is boring as all heck to watch. I dont get it, and the coach will soon find out that with no defense you cant win with that offense. They will get behind and be unable to catch up. I like the head coach but man he needs to see the skill players he has coming up and make a change offensively. I suspect some of the freshman will be moved up fairly quickly, I mean why wait, might as well get them some experience.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1042141" timestamp="1314414437"]
[b]I liked McWhirter last year, and I like him even more this year.  He's the kinda guy that would be all-district at Dayton.[/b]
Don't have enough structure around him for him to reach his potential at Sterling.

I hear Sterling has a great freshman class coming, but I just wonder where the heck are the athletes for Sterling?
They just don't have much outside of the obvious Gibson. 

Lee will have an excellent offense i they can get in sync and cut down the mistakes.  Huge if for a Lee Gander team these days.
I think they have too many athletes on offense honestly.  The Gomez kid, I think that's his name, never really gets the ball.  Between Landry, Zellars, Richardson and Johnson, they have enough athletes to move the ball down the field on offense.
I would switch the other kid over to outside linebacker maybe and move Kion inside.
He would be of much more use on that side with his athleticism than he is being the 5th or 6th option on offense.

[/quote]

always accepting applications.................will set the cones up in da hay field ;D

From what I saw from CB last year, if they move a couple of those freshmen up they would probably be 2 of the 5 best athletes on the team.
I don't understand the wasting of Gibson on defense.  How much is he really going to help them out over there?  One guy can only do so much.
I could see if he were a 4.3 guy and you wanted him to play centerfield and keep everything contained, but that's not really his thing.

Stick him on offense, throw it to him 10-12 times a game.  That would open things up for the run.
I just don't see anyone in the backfield, other than McWhirter, that can do anything with the ball in their hands.
Where are the Gary Allens and the Eric Polks at.  Seems like there should be someone over there that can tote the rock.
I remember when Clear Lake really had the offense cooking, they had Geno Blow at fullback and Jones at running back with Osmond at qb.  McWhirter could do a nice impression of Osmond if he had been brought up in the system and had the whole intricacies of the fakes and the timing down, which he does not.  He is just sorta winging it out there right now.  The timing needs to be perfect for the offense to work, and it is not.
But to the point, there is no Geno Blow or Elrick Jones to hand and pitch to.
Just have to be patient I guess.
The kids coming up sound like they should be a good group.

Josh Zellars does remind of Ell Roberson a little.  I think he has the same type of running ability at the same stage.  Roberson had an infinitely better qb coach teaching him. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder