Former EC coach getting flack over helmet decal?

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="True Blue" post="1032291" timestamp="1312749072"]
From what I hear the coach is only there for a few yrs anyway. He is close to retiring and he took the job to be able to retire at a higher pay rate than he was making at EC.... IT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY...
[/quote]

Can't argue with that. Everybody around EC and their brother knew he was leaving EC as soon as his daughter graduated. He understandably wanted a good school (EC) for her, then, open to any and all offers. Incidentally, EC paid him really, really well for a 2A school. I think the opportunity to coach Tremain Thomas here was a factor, too.   

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1032294" timestamp="1312750224"]
That logo was apart of their tradition. Simple fix, go back to the old logo. Fixed, carry on.
[/quote]

the article said the previous logo (which just said BALL) was in use for 2 years.  Somehow, I don't think 2 years constitutes a tradition, unless people have a short-term memory. 

That being said, logos don't win ball games.  Players and coaches win ball games.  Once the hitting starts, everybody will forget about the logo (at least until the game is over.) 

A petition going around to fire a coach over a logo - that is good stuff.  I guess those people want to fire a head coach for winning too.  If this is all you have to complain about then you are in good shape.  A logo - WOW.

By the way on the new jersey right in the middle in front it says TORS - oh my gosh that has to go.  Start a petition.

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1032374" timestamp="1312767810"]
The BALL logo wasn't their traditional logo. The Tor was. Not sure why an article wasn't written when the change to BALL came up two years ago.
[/quote]
The previous coach who changed the logo to BALL was not part of the same demography as TV. 

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1032412" timestamp="1312778055"]
Sent the update to Matt, already finished. Deal with it Galveston it's officially on the Texas Helmet Project lol.

[img]http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/283302_2217322719793_1449384508_32463534_3116139_n.jpg[/img]
[/quote]Those are nice logos

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Big Ford" post="1032710" timestamp="1312847436"]
If he wins (besides the game against Central) they will forget about whats on the helmet...
[/quote]

Might take a little time, but I don't think there is much "If" to it. I would call it "when", IMHO.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder