Nederland ???

Guest The-NHS
[quote name="dawgnut" post="1031719" timestamp="1312512490"]
Bandkid admit it, under Burnett the only thing you ever saw was run left, right, and up the middle. Welcome to the new and exciting world of football where teams actually have more than three plays in the book ;D The Dogs have played other teams that have used more plays than three. So I'm guessing from your post that the Indians have reinstalled the old send the WR to the sidelines and act like he's talking to the coach play, I can't wait for that one ;)
[/quote]

My point exactly.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The-NHS
[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="1031724" timestamp="1312512833"]
[quote author=The-NHS link=topic=86221.msg1031723#msg1031723 date=1312512719]
Do they all stand up in awe and scratch their foreheads?
[/quote]

Nope, typically just the other team. ;)
[/quote]

I can assure you that when a trick play is successful the other team doesn't scratch their heads in awe of something never seen or done before in this area.

[quote name="The-NHS" post="1031726" timestamp="1312512958"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=86221.msg1031724#msg1031724 date=1312512833]
[quote author=The-NHS link=topic=86221.msg1031723#msg1031723 date=1312512719]
Do they all stand up in awe and scratch their foreheads?
[/quote]

Nope, typically just the other team. ;)
[/quote]

I can assure you that when a trick play is successful the other team doesn't scratch their heads in awe of something never seen or done before in this area.
[/quote]

Hey bud, it's one ideology based on four years of constant observation of the Texas high school football scene, eighteen years of listening the Southeast Texas corps of armchair quarterbacks and two seasons' worth of following this site. You can take it or leave it. Again, in the end, only time will tell. ;)

A couple of people ahead of me pretty much made my point.  We have played teams from all of Texas throughout the years of playoff runs.  I don't think there is anything out there that is that "new".   It all comes down to scouting and preparing for your opponents.  Neumann and company are pretty good at that.  As far as gadget plays,  you dont see Neumann run them that often because he knows that probably 80% of the time they don't work and can result in a turnover.

Guest The-NHS
[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="1031728" timestamp="1312513153"]
Hey bud, it's one ideology based on four years of constant observation of the Texas high school football scene, eighteen years of listening the Southeast Texas corps of armchair quarterbacks and two seasons' worth of following this site. You can take it or leave it. Again, in the end, only time will tell. ;)
[/quote]

Time will tell that I will see an offense I've never seen before? Suggesting MCM will be it? They do play on a 100 yd football field in odessa right? We are talking about football and not futbol right? I wonder what kind of offenses they run in DFW or Austin area.

[quote name="The-NHS" post="1031730" timestamp="1312513439"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=86221.msg1031728#msg1031728 date=1312513153]
[/quote]

Time will tell that I will see an offense I've never seen before? Suggesting MCM will be it? They do play on a 100 yd football field in odessa right? We are talking about football and not futbol right? I wonder what kind of offenses they run in DFW or Austin area.
[/quote]

Hey, like I said, take it or leave it. I just think Nederland is going to have some shocks and see some things that they haven't really seen before. Is it really that hard to believe that a coach from a much more competitive school in a larger classification might leave his opponents some raised eyebrows saying "didn't see that one coming"? I think not considering that it's already happened quite a few times in the last two seasons.

Guest The-NHS
[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="1031732" timestamp="1312513632"]
Hey, like I said, take it or leave it. I just think Nederland is going to have some shocks and see some things that they haven't really seen before. Is it really that hard to believe that a coach from a much more competitive school in a larger classification might leave his opponents some raised eyebrows saying [b]"didn't see that one coming"? I think not considering that it's already happened quite a few times in the last two seasons.[/b]
[/quote]

This happens every year, to every team, to every coach, to every classification, to every district, to every college team, to every nfl team, etc. all across the nation.

Saying "I didn't see that one coming" and "I've never seen that before" are two very different things. Suggesting faircloth knows something that other coaches in setx don't know simply because he is from a larger school with different competition is foolish. If faircloth were to do a fake punt and be successful, nederland would not scratch their heads in awe that someone didn't punt on 4th down. If faircloth passed the ball on 4th and inches from their 40 yd line, nederland would not scratch their heads in awe that someone didn't run on 4th and inches. If faircloth (I could go on). It comes down to adjustments and executing, something Nederland does well. Ask faircloth about adjusting his defense when Sonnier(If I remember right player) was running all over them.

[quote name="The-NHS" post="1031734" timestamp="1312514166"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=86221.msg1031732#msg1031732 date=1312513632]
Hey, like I said, take it or leave it. I just think Nederland is going to have some shocks and see some things that they haven't really seen before. Is it really that hard to believe that a coach from a much more competitive school in a larger classification might leave his opponents some raised eyebrows saying [b]"didn't see that one coming"? I think not considering that it's already happened quite a few times in the last two seasons.[/b]
[/quote]

This happens every year, to every team, to every coach, to every classification, to every district, to every college team, to every nfl team, etc. all across the nation.

Saying "I didn't see that one coming" and "I've never seen that before" are two very different things. Suggesting faircloth knows something that other coaches in setx don't know simply because he is from a larger school with different competition is foolish. If faircloth were to do a fake punt and be successful, nederland would not scratch their heads in awe that someone didn't punt on 4th down. If faircloth passed the ball on 4th and inches from their 40 yd line, nederland would not scratch their heads in awe that someone didn't run on 4th and inches. If faircloth (I could go on). [b]It comes down to adjustments and executing, something Nederland does well.[/b] Ask faircloth about adjusting his defense when Sonnier(If I remember right player) was running all over them.
[/quote]

I agree 100%, great coaches make the adjustments necessary to help their teams win.

[quote name="The-NHS" post="1031734" timestamp="1312514166"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=86221.msg1031732#msg1031732 date=1312513632]
[/quote]

Saying "I didn't see that one coming" and "I've never seen that before" are two very different things. Suggesting faircloth knows something that other coaches in setx don't know simply because he is from a larger school with different competition is foolish. If faircloth were to do a fake punt and be successful, nederland would not scratch their heads in awe that someone didn't punt on 4th down. If faircloth passed the ball on 4th and inches from their 40 yd line, nederland would not scratch their heads in awe that someone didn't run on 4th and inches. If faircloth (I could go on). It comes down to adjustments and executing, something Nederland does well. Ask faircloth about adjusting his defense when Sonnier(If I remember right player) was running all over them.
[/quote]

Trust me, there have been people saying "I've never seen that before" as well.

It's no secret that you tend to get a different variety of play-calling depending on where you are in the state. Seeing the different styles of Houston area teams in the playoffs is a perfect example. It's something that I and other PN-G fans have noticed in playing Willis, Manvel and Brenham. It's also something that has been a subject of discussion (if I remember correctly, even an entire thread at one point) on this site.

It's also no secret that football in the Golden Triangle is not the "be all, end all" of high school football in Texas; if it were Southeast Texas teams would be winning state championships year after year. Instead, the last large Golden Triangle school (as in 3A, 4A or 5A) to make it to a state championship was WO-S, and when was that? 2000?

Instead, what do you see? Coaches from other areas with different styles coming into the Golden Triangle, making a few changes and turning once sub-prime programs into the premier teams in this area. Faircloth and his staff of coaches that almost completely came from outside of this area prove that. Even Neumann himself could fit that bill because he came to the area from a Houston school and brought Nederland back to prominence after thirty years of less than stellar results.

The point is that coaches who introduce something new to the area typically have a great deal of success. Why? Because they come from different areas where the competition is a great deal more diverse.

Guest The-NHS
[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="1031746" timestamp="1312516028"]

Trust me, there have been people saying "I've never seen that before" as well.

It's no secret that you tend to get a different variety of play-calling depending on where you are in the state. Seeing the different styles of Houston area teams in the playoffs is a perfect example. It's something that I and other PN-G fans have noticed in playing Willis, Manvel and Brenham. It's also something that has been a subject of discussion (if I remember correctly, even an entire thread at one point) on this site.

It's also no secret that football in the Golden Triangle is not the "be all, end all" of high school football in Texas; if it were Southeast Texas teams would be winning state championships year after year. Instead, the last large Golden Triangle school (as in 3A, 4A or 5A) to make it to a state championship was WO-S, and when was that? 2000?

Instead, what do you see? Coaches from other areas with different styles coming into the Golden Triangle, making a few changes and turning once sub-prime programs into the premier teams in this area. Faircloth and his staff of coaches that almost completely came from outside of this area prove that. Even Neumann himself could fit that bill because he came to the area from a Houston school and brought Nederland back to prominence after thirty years of less than stellar results.

The point is that coaches who introduce something new to the area typically have a great deal of success. Why? Because they come from different areas where the competition is a great deal more diverse.
[/quote]

Dude....what are you talking about.

PNG fans say they "never have seen it before" because they watched an extremely boring offense for a long time. They won because of EXECUTION. Not because Burnett brought is some new vibrant offense never seen before from the state of Montainya. This discussion is getting worse and worse.

Different variety of play calling depending on where you are in the state??? Please explain...please.........pleasee.......

Who said the golden triangle is the end all be all? We are just some high school teams just like any other part of the state. Coach Neumann is a defensive minded coach. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. Coach Barrows runs our offense. Coach Spell runs our defense. Coach Neumann is the Head Coach. Unlike PNG, our head coach is the head coach. Not the OC, DC, QB whatever that Faircloth fills because he deems himself as the only competent one in running such a profoundly unorthodox never seen before out of the world offense from different parts of the entire state of texas. If you seriously think Faircloth will have success at PNG because sheltered PNG fans are seeing plays never done before in the history of football you need to think again. Faircloth will have success if  he builds a program founded on discipline, execution, assignments, and effort.(currently doing so from observation). Not some razzle dazzle lateral play for 70 yds.

Bring something new to the area? Competition is more diverse? How so? Look at the past offenses in our district. We've had spread, wing t, pro, wildcat, I, pistol, option, etc. 

Band Kid is waiting for Faircloth to finally get his program implemented, I think it was fully implemented last year, it's only the spread offense which has been around in some form for over 20 years. Sorry Bank Kid we've seen that, did that and got a T shirt to prove it.  Now I hear
we'll be doing a lot of our old offense sprinkled in with some spread and other things.  This information should be disappointing to PN-G because our previous offense has not been kind to the Indians in years past.

Guest The-NHS
[quote name="Knoddy1" post="1031817" timestamp="1312557353"]
Band Kid is waiting for Faircloth to finally get his program implemented, I think it was fully implemented last year, it's only the spread offense which has been around in some form for over 20 years. Sorry Bank Kid we've seen that, did that and got a T shirt to prove it.  Now I hear
we'll be doing a lot of our old offense sprinkled in with some spread and other things.  This information should be disappointing to PN-G because our previous offense has not been kind to the Indians in years past.
[/quote]

You don't get it though. Faircloth is bringing this new offense from other parts of the world that's never been seen before by coaches here in SETX. (or sheltered png fans).

The fact that you said people know all the plays since 1950 by name just confirms this. Its nothing new, its just new to you.

Oh, and I would still like to know about the variety of play calling in different parts of the state.

I could probably go back and find fifty different posts from the '09 football season from fans of every school in 20-4A that say the exact same thing, but whatever. We'll just see how many deep playoff runs PN-G has made in ten years and how many Nederland has made in ten years and call it at that.

My point about the program is that whether it's fully implemented or not, you still have yet to see kids that developed entirely in it on the football field. The kids in the seventh grade during the '09 season (Faircloth's first season here) are just now entering high school. Everyone that's on the field right now was partially developed by the Burnett program and partially by the Faircloth program. You can't rate two programs against each other until both have products that are solely theirs on the field. The PN-G Indians of the 2014 season are going to look totally different than the PN-G Indians of today, and I personally believe that the rest of 20-4A - perhaps the rest of the state - is going to be in for a surprise when they hit the field.

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="1031876" timestamp="1312567252"]
I could probably go back and find fifty different posts from the '09 football season from fans of every school in 20-4A that say the exact same thing, but whatever. We'll just see how many deep playoff runs PN-G has made in ten years and how many Nederland has made in ten years and call it at that.

My point about the program is that whether it's fully implemented or not, you still have yet to see kids that developed entirely in it on the football field. The kids in the seventh grade during the '09 season (Faircloth's first season here) are just now entering high school. Everyone that's on the field right now was partially developed by the Burnett program and partially by the Faircloth program. You can't rate two programs against each other until both have products that are solely theirs on the field. The PN-G Indians of the 2014 season are going to look totally different than the PN-G Indians of today, and I personally believe that the rest of 20-4A - perhaps the rest of the state - is going to be in for a surprise when they hit the field.
[/quote]  WOW!!!!!!!!! :o :o :D

Faircloth went undefeated in his first season. How much more implementing or tweaking does that need?

I am not going to sit here and talk smack. Nederland's program has been solid for years under Neumann and I expect it to be very competitive this season also.

[quote name="baddog" post="1031928" timestamp="1312581020"]
Faircloth went undefeated in his first season. How much more implementing or tweaking does that need?

I am not going to sit here and talk smack. Nederland's program has been solid for years under Neumann and I expect it to be very competitive this season also.
[/quote]
No doubt! The Dogs will be a playoff team. So will the Indians. That being said, there is NO TELLING what will happen for MCM!  PNG had no defense last year, at least none when we played Ned. Then again, the Dogs still had a couple of starters on the sideline with injuries. This year, I hope both teams are at full strength and in top form. I'm looking forward to that game, but also looking forward to seeing what The highly touted Livingston Lions bring too.

[quote name="shovel" post="1031933" timestamp="1312582376"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=86221.msg1031928#msg1031928 date=1312581020]

[/quote]
No doubt! The Dogs will be a playoff team. So will the Indians. That being said, there is NO TELLING what will happen for MCM!  PNG had no defense last year, at least none when we played Ned. Then again, the Dogs still had a couple of starters on the sideline with injuries. This year, I hope both teams are at full strength and in top form. I'm looking forward to that game, but also looking forward to seeing what The highly touted Livingston Lions bring too.
[/quote]

MCM will be the top game in 20-4A this season IMO....You're right about the Indians defense last yr. But on the other hand they had the highest scoring offense....Big Ned had the #2 defense and the #4 offense as far as points allowed and scored. Good luck to both teams, this game should be a great match-up.

Guest The-NHS
[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="1031876" timestamp="1312567252"]

[/quote]

No, your point was that you claimed Faircloth was going to reinvent football in SETX. Bring something "never seen before". I'm still waiting to hear about how the play calling varies in different parts of the state.

I am pleased to say after 1 week of practice BigNeds defense looks like a force Mr Faircloth better plan for. Oh and the offense looks like it is coming along alittle faster then expected. Hopes are high as are the spirt of the coaches. Neumann seems to have a little spring in his step and a bigger bark. Those boys were fired up and ready to hit each other today. They were loud ,proud and were hittn hard. It was fun to watch and hear.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder