Nederland ???

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The-NHS
I'll just repaste my post from another thread.

I expect our offense to be much more versatile this year. When I think of a versatile offense I think of 2004. Spread, I, Pro, etc. Now that Raines has some more experience and understands the offense better I think we can expect to see a very much improved running game due to Barrows expanding our options. It'll be a much more smash mouth running style that Nederland fans are familiar with under Neumann. Looking forward to watching Raines under center with some guards and tackles pulling and blowing people up. I can hear the fight song now.....

Defense I expect big improvements also. I think we only graduated 1 on defense last year. I think the reduction is blitzes from past years directly related to the capabilities of our secondary. Our secondary is much improved. I think you can expect Spell to open up the scheme a little more including more blitzes now that our secondary is more capable of manning up.

[quote name="The-NHS" post="1030603" timestamp="1312302822"]

I expect our offense to be much more versatile this year. When I think of a versatile offense I think of 2004. Spread, I, Pro, etc. Now that Raines has some more experience and understands the offense better I think we can expect to see a very much improved running game due to Barrows expanding our options. It'll be a much more smash mouth running style that Nederland fans are familiar with under Neumann. Looking forward to watching Raines under center with some guards and tackles pulling and blowing people up. I can hear the fight song now.....

Defense I expect big improvements also. I think we only graduated 1 on defense last year. I think the reduction is blitzes from past years directly related to the capabilities of our secondary. Our secondary is much improved. I think you can expect Spell to open up the scheme a little more including more blitzes now that our secondary is more capable of manning up.
[/quote]

Is Raines QB for sure, I had heard that there was another kid moving up that was pretty good and it would be a toss up between the two?
As for offense, will we have any size on the line?

Guest The-NHS
[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1030604" timestamp="1312303028"]
[quote author=The-NHS link=topic=86221.msg1030603#msg1030603 date=1312302822]

[/quote]

Is Raines QB for sure, I had heard that there was another kid moving up that was pretty good and it would be a toss up between the two?
[/quote]

No one ever has a job for sure. I'm just going on hearsay and I've heard Raines has really taken the reins and filled a much needed leadership role. As far as the line you can expect a nice increase in size. I don't have a current roster with weights but we will be fine size wise.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="The-NHS" post="1030671" timestamp="1312312096"]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=86221.msg1030604#msg1030604 date=1312303028]
[quote author=The-NHS link=topic=86221.msg1030603#msg1030603 date=1312302822]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No one ever has a job for sure. I'm just going on hearsay and I've heard Raines has really taken the reins and filled a much needed leadership role. As far as the line you can expect a nice increase in size. I don't have a current roster with weights but we will be fine size wise.
[/quote]

Just couldn't help yourself, could you: "Raines has really taken the reins . . ." ;D :D 8)

[quote name="cornhusker" post="1030688" timestamp="1312314047"]
I think the Dogs will be fine. Cant wait until scrimmages start.
[/quote]

I agree.... I am excited as well to see the changes made.  Any word what time the first scrimmage against Galveston Ball will be?

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1031253" timestamp="1312419344"]
Livingston 7 & 8   ;D
[/quote]

Nope!  :o

Livingston returns [i]17 STARTERS[/i] from a playoff team!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami