Best Football Tradition in SETX

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I honestly have to agree. Vidor is full of crazy fans and we are die hard but you just can't compete with the fans of PNG. They truly do bleed purple.

Midnight Madness has become a tradition in Evadale as the Rebels take the field at 12:01 AM on the first day of full pads work outs under the lights on the "Battlefield" with a couple hundred of their diehard fans in the stands.

When Midnight Madness comes it means football is really here!

Pep rallies, Bonfires, Marching bands, Mascots, Homecoming parades, Young men who become hometown hero's, a town pulling together to support their team,  the drama and emotion under the Friday night lights......It's a beautiful thing, and those traditions never graduate.

[quote name="pinelandflash" post="1030043" timestamp="1312163154"]
Once again, I have to go with the Pine Cone Bowl, or the WS/Hemphill game. Guess I'm biased from living around here. I have seen some PNG fans come through the store where I work and, yes, they do bleed purple. They are die-hards. Think it depends on where and what you grew up watching.
[/quote]Yeah there are alot of us PNG folks who go up around the lakes. If for one go to Pineland and Hemphill serveral times a month. I am usually wearing a PNG shirt. I even fly a PNG flag off of our Pontoon boat on Rayburn. Have one flying at our place on Rayburn. Have to because alot of our neighbors are Nederland folks. LOL ! My wife wants to have one of our golf carts painted purple and white and have PNG put on it. Yeah I think PNG supporters take it out of the area as well !

Outside of what we have going on at the reservation, I'd have to say the Vidor Homecoming halftime and the "Chain Gang" Defense at WOS! As much as it pains me to say this, I also love Nederlands run through music at there place. Metalica gets me pumped everytime!!!

[quote name="badndn" post="1030167" timestamp="1312204765"]
Outside of what we have going on at the reservation, I'd have to say the Vidor Homecoming halftime and the "Chain Gang" Defense at WOS! As much as it pains me to say this, I also love Nederlands run through music at there place. Metalica gets me pumped everytime!!!
[/quote]
;D

Not sure because I have not attended many Lumberton home football games but don't the annoucer have all the fans chant with him that is another lumberton FIRST DOWN. Great to have the crowd get behind their team. Now if they could just get more TOUCHDOWNS maybe they wouod really get behind them.

[quote name="badndn" post="1030167" timestamp="1312204765"]
[/quote]

Vidor's homecoming show is awesome and well worth the fight against the traffic, even if it is the only event where PN-G fans are regularly outnumbered.

Even after nine years in the community Evadale's homecoming parade is still amazing to me. If you have never been then you owe it to yourself to see it once. Farris Wheels with kids on them, waterfalls, firebreathing dragons, ships with cannons firing, those are just a few of the things I have seen. Who knows what they will come up with this year?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder