Kountze names Lance Dale new HC/AD

[quote name="wwball" post="1026703" timestamp="1311212028"]
Assistant athletic director entails what??  Joubert should be AD.  You missed the boat Kountze.
[/quote]

I just got off of the phone with AggiesAreWe.  He told me after the announcement that Coach Joubert addressed the crowd at the meeting and told them that he had been taken care of to his satisfaction, including a bump in compensation.

So if Coach Joubert expresses no misgivings about the arrangement, why should you?

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1026705" timestamp="1311212257"]
[quote author=wwball link=topic=85833.msg1026703#msg1026703 date=1311212028]
Assistant athletic director entails what??  Joubert should be AD.  You missed the boat Kountze.
[/quote]

I just got off of the phone with AggiesAreWe.  He told me after the announcement that Coach Joubert addressed the crowd at the meeting and told them that he had been taken care of to his satisfaction, including a bump in compensation.

So if Coach Joubert expresses no misgivings about the arrangement, why should you?
[/quote]

I guess I shouldn't.  I just thought the guy deserved the job.  Hope the new guy does well.  I just think that Coach Joubert had all the qualities needed to make a great Atheltic Director and the ENTIRE program would have benefited from his leadership.  And let's be honest WOSgrad, Coach Joubert was being the stand up individual he is when he stood up and said that.  Who knows how he really feels.  We will know if he is truly satisfied when that Silsbee job is filled.

[quote name="wwball" post="1026717" timestamp="1311213243"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=85833.msg1026705#msg1026705 date=1311212257]
[quote author=wwball link=topic=85833.msg1026703#msg1026703 date=1311212028]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess I shouldn't.  I just thought the guy deserved the job.  Hope the new guy does well.  I just think that Coach Joubert had all the qualities needed to make a great Atheltic Director and the ENTIRE program would have benefited from his leadership.  And let's be honest WOSgrad, Coach Joubert was being the stand up individual he is when he stood up and said that.  Who knows how he really feels.  We will know if he is truly satisfied when that Silsbee job is filled.
[/quote]

ww, you very well could be right.  But if he had been that unhappy about the situation, it seems to me that he would have rejected the offer of assistant AD in the executive session.

I spoke with Coach Dale and Coach Joubert after the board meeting tonight. Coach Dale is very excited to be back in Southeast Texas and is looking forward to working with the students, staff and the entire Kountze community. Coach Joubert is also very excited and pleased to be staying in Kountze and is looking forward to his new position as Asst. AD. Coach Joubert will be helping Coach Dale in all sports, including football.

The people at the board meeting all seemed to be very pleased with the outcome tonight.

Congrats to both Lance Dale and Duane Joubert. Wish you all the best!

Coach Dale is a 1st class person.  None come finer.  He's paid his dues along the way and has worked alongside some extremely successful head coaches.  This will be a challenge for him, but I look forward to watching his teams play.  Good Luck from an old baseball field grass raker and burning pile buddy!

Guest sportsmack
It's great we have a new AD/Head football coach but now we need a head baseball coach ? WE NEED A REAL BASEBALL MAN!!!!!! not an after thought or another football coach that we need to have a reason to pay more money so we assign the duties to him to make it all jive.  Kountze has alot of great baseball talent and over the next few years we have some real opportunities to do something; hope we get what we need.

[quote name="HORNSFAN86" post="1026971" timestamp="1311270199"]
I wonder if this is the same Lance Dale that played for and Graduated from H-F, back in the early 90's when they had a good FB program. If it is wlecome back to the Golden Triangle, Doo Doo.
[/quote]

My understanding is that Coach Dale did graduate from Hamshire-Fannett.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1027065" timestamp="1311277463"]
[quote author=HORNSFAN86 link=topic=85833.msg1026971#msg1026971 date=1311270199]
I wonder if this is the same Lance Dale that played for and Graduated from H-F, back in the early 90's when they had a good FB program. If it is wlecome back to the Golden Triangle, Doo Doo.
[/quote]

My understanding is that Coach Dale did graduate from Hamshire-Fannett.
[/quote]
Well....good for Doo Doo! :D

[quote name="HORNSFAN86" post="1026971" timestamp="1311270199"]
[/quote]

Yeppers he graduated from H-F and Lamar U.  He is also one of my Frat brothers (Pikes) :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder