Kountze Head Football Coach resigns

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1023869" timestamp="1310420774"]
Did not know that Tremain left to be a football assistant at WOS. Wonder who Joubert will have as his assistant basketball coach?
[/quote]Are we sure Joubert will even be at Kountze next season?  ;)

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1023875" timestamp="1310421397"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=85636.msg1023869#msg1023869 date=1310420774]
Did not know that Tremain left to be a football assistant at WOS. Wonder who Joubert will have as his assistant basketball coach?
[/quote]

I am thinking that Kountze will make him the new AD to keep him there.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1023876" timestamp="1310421453"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=85636.msg1023875#msg1023875 date=1310421397]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=85636.msg1023869#msg1023869 date=1310420774]
[/quote]

I am thinking that Kountze will make him the new AD to keep him there.
[/quote]and will probably make more money than taking just a HC position at Memorial.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1023869" timestamp="1310420774"]
[/quote]
i think its more on the lines that he to be the assistant BASKETBALL

Guest ECBucFan
I don't really understand the dynamics of what is going on there in Kountze, but I can say with full confidence ex-EC coach Stan Howard would make a fine candidate. Stan would inject a ton of fire into the Kountze football program. 

Guys just want to say a thing or two. Kountze has always had alot of talent which has gone unrealized due to the lack of a football program. They have had some good head fball coaches pass through but those guys have never had much help. They have never had a district wide program to build on.  Other schools  ;D with sucessful fball know that it starts at the jhigh and takes a strong and smart coaching staff of men to get it done.  Kountze whenever I check are usually out of the game by the 3rd quarter.  I think the changes up there are great and at least cant be any worse then what they have had. fyi.

[quote name="shooter" post="1023975" timestamp="1310480120"]
If Joubert is the new AD,  it is long overdue. Why does the football coach have to be the AD at a school? He is deserving; just look at what he has done for that program.
[/quote]

I agree. Duane is deserving of the position. I am just not sure if KISD has qualifications for that position that Joubert may not have i.e. (masters, admin)

Well, you can tell that Coach Stewart did not want to do this, but he had to do it ensure his immediate future...in these times no one can blame him for that.

I have seen in other thread where his coaching ability was, for lack of a better word, questioned.  Those who have done so should remember that a over .500 winning percentage as a coach prior to coming to Kountze.  And when he sent me the information for the previews, seemed to be intent on building Kountze into a winning program even though he knew that unlike pretty much every other team in the district, football was not the lead sport at his school.  I wish him well at Lumberton.

[quote name="Funrun" post="1023931" timestamp="1310450568"]
Guys just want to say a thing or two. Kountze has always had alot of talent which has gone unrealized due to the lack of a football program. They have had some good head fball coaches pass through but those guys have never had much help. They have never had a district wide program to build on.  Other schools  ;D with sucessful fball know that it starts at the jhigh and takes a strong and smart coaching staff of men to get it done.  Kountze whenever I check are usually out of the game by the 3rd quarter.  I think the changes up there are great and at least cant be any worse then what they have had. fyi.
[/quote]

Hey Funrun    you sound as if your are a person closer to the situation than you are letting on.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1024048" timestamp="1310503750"]
Well, you can tell that Coach Stewart did not want to do this, but he had to do it ensure his immediate future...in these times no one can blame him for that.

I have seen in other thread where his coaching ability was, for lack of a better word, questioned.  Those who have done so should remember that a over .500 winning percentage as a coach prior to coming to Kountze.  And when he sent me the information for the previews, seemed to be intent on building Kountze into a winning program even though he knew that unlike pretty much every other team in the district, football was not the lead sport at his school.  I wish him well at Lumberton.
[/quote]Im not questioning your numbers cause I belive you have some good sources, but a record of over .500? Im kinda ify on that.  When he left our little school several years ago the Enterprise stated that he had about a .600 at Evadale...uh, no he didnt!!!  If you factor in scrimmages and "Blue and Gold" scrimmages, well, maybe.  If my memory is correct, he may have had a .500 here but the rest were sub .500.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1024048" timestamp="1310503750"]

I have seen in other thread where his coaching ability was, for lack of a better word, questioned.  Those who have done so should remember that a over .500 winning percentage as a coach prior to coming to Kountze.  And when he sent me the information for the previews, seemed to be intent on building Kountze into a winning program even though he knew that unlike pretty much every other team in the district, football was not the lead sport at his school. [font=Verdana][b] I wish him well at Lumberton[/b][/font].
[/quote]Lumberton??  What would he be doing in Lumberton??

[quote name="whambulance" post="1025484" timestamp="1310877168"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=85636.msg1024048#msg1024048 date=1310503750]

[/quote]Im not questioning your numbers cause I belive you have some good sources, but a record of over .500? Im kinda ify on that.  When he left our little school several years ago the Enterprise stated that he had about a .600 at Evadale...uh, no he didnt!!!  If you factor in scrimmages and "Blue and Gold" scrimmages, well, maybe.  If my memory is correct, he may have had a .500 here but the rest were sub .500.

[/quote]

He was also head coach at Luling High where he was quite successful.

[quote name="whambulance" post="1025486" timestamp="1310877516"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=85636.msg1024048#msg1024048 date=1310503750]

I have seen in other thread where his coaching ability was, for lack of a better word, questioned.  Those who have done so should remember that a over .500 winning percentage as a coach prior to coming to Kountze.  And when he sent me the information for the previews, seemed to be intent on building Kountze into a winning program even though he knew that unlike pretty much every other team in the district, football was not the lead sport at his school. [font=Verdana][b] I wish him well at Lumberton[/b][/font].
[/quote]Lumberton??  What would he be doing in Lumberton??
[/quote]

He has accepted an assistant coaching position at Lumberton.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder